Anyone Here From Illinois?

Stargazer32862

There is one question I have. I'm seriously thinking of moving to Illinois since I'm trapped in Indiana. I use cannabis to control the pain of osteoarthritis. Now that the Indiana AG has started to crack down on synthetics, I no longer am able to buy the Delta 8 that I have been using to control the pain. That leaves just plain CBD, which doesn't help at all. I need to move and Illinois is looking good. But here is the catch. I'm drawing disability and only clear $732 a month and I will have to rent a cheap apartment. Or see if there is low-income housing for seniors that can not be owned by the federal government. People who rent, are they allowed to consume cannabis in the apartments or outside to smoke? I was hoping to move to a recreational state or move back home to Kentucky where medical is legal in 2025. My last resort would be to stay with my daughter in Indiana and put up with the pain.

There is one question I have. I'm seriously thinking of moving to Illinois since I'm trapped in Indiana. I use cannabis to control the pain of osteoarthritis. Now that the Indiana AG has started to crack down on synthetics, I no longer am able to buy the Delta 8 that I have been using to control the pain. That leaves just plain CBD, which doesn't help at all. I need to move and Illinois is looking good. But here is the catch. I'm drawing disability and only clear $732 a month and I will have to rent a cheap apartment. Or see if there is low-income housing for seniors that can not be owned by the federal government. People who rent, are they allowed to consume cannabis in the apartments or outside to smoke? I was hoping to move to a recreational state or move back home to Kentucky where medical is legal in 2025. My last resort would be to stay with my daughter in Indiana and put up with the pain.
I’m in Chicago and there’s nowhere to live for that $ here that you would want to live. Lots of Senior programs though and they can’t stop you from smoking in your apartment. Maybe Catholic Charities can help you with finding a place or City of Chicago information. Good luck. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

You could always do a road-trip to Michigan or Illinois. Better than nothing
My daughter cut off my driving privileges after I took one trip to Illinois. So she told me no more weed. And the AG of Indiana put out a statement that Delta 8 is illegal. Now my daughter says no D8. Ok. That leaves alcohol. My daughter cut me off from that! Who in the hell is the adult here? And, she is charging me rent on top of the $25,000 that I gave her out of my inheritance. I think I'm getting screwed here.

I’m in Chicago and there’s nowhere to live for that $ here that you would want to live. Lots of Senior programs though and they can’t stop you from smoking in your apartment. Maybe Catholic Charities can help you with finding a place or City of Chicago information. Good luck. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Ok. I'll see what I can find. Thanks.

i'd consider re-entering the workforce, getting your own place, and living your own life. nothing about your current situation is going to lead to happiness or harmony.

But here is the catch. I'm drawing disability and only clear $732 a month and I will have to rent a cheap apartment. Or see if there is low-income housing for seniors that can not be owned by the federal government.
Does it have to be Illinois? Why not Michigan? Does it have to be a big city?

If t was me I would pick a small town or small city in outstate Michigan. Then do a google style search for recreational dispensaries near (insert the name of the small town or city) and see what pops up and if it is in town or a realistic distance away.

Then do several similar searches looking for small rental apartments or kitchenettes starting in or near the towns or villages with dispensaries.

The only downside to moving to small town or cities that I can think off right off is that supermarkets will be more expensive. But, Chicago seems to be really expensive so anywhere else in Illinois might be cheaper, even a small town.

Same sort of research you would have to do if moving to a big city like Chicago.

And, you titled your thread:
Anyone Here From Illinois??
Have you checked the forum here on this message board for members from Illinois?

https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/illinois.235/

If t was me I would pick a small town or small city in outstate Michigan. Then do a google style search for recreational dispensaries near (insert the name of the small town or city) and see what pops up and if it is in town or a realistic distance away.

Then do several similar searches looking for small rental apartments or kitchenettes starting in or near the towns or villages with dispensaries.

The only downside to moving to small town or cities that I can think off right off is that supermarkets will be more expensive. But, Chicago seems to be really expensive so anywhere else in Illinois might be cheaper, even a small town.

Same sort of research you would have to do if moving to a big city like Chicago.

Have you checked the forum here on this message board for members from Illinois?

Hello, Chicago was in Illinois last time I checked. lol CL🍀

It is starting to look like I'm going to have to move back to my hometown of Owensboro, KY. The only bad part about that is that medical cannabis becomes legal there in 2025. I just can't smoke it. But I will have to sign up for senior apartments and get on a waiting list. The reason why I want to stay in town is because I will probably have to buy a scooter to get around town. And the 50cc scooters are only allowed in town not on a highway. I figured it up and it will take me 4-1/2 years to save up $16,800 for a used car that, I hope, doesn't throw up the motor as soon as I drive it off the lot. And that is after I give my daughter her rent money and my other daughter money for my cell phone, no other bills, and no spending...period. I know I found out one thing about myself in therapy. I have a people-pleasing personality and I often neglect my own needs for the sake of others. I guess I'm going to have to put my self first.

Although Michigan prolly would be much cheaper than Illinois and the weed is cheaper there too. CL🍀 Edit: but there are a lot of Senior Services here that would help you with everything.

Yeah, I already discovered that. But it's going to be 2027 before I can sign back up for extra help. When I was on that all of my medical bills and medicines were paid for. Now, since mom died and I split the sale of her house with my brother, I can't get on that for 5 years. Mom told me to use the money for my own place, but no. I trusted my daughter when she said, "You don't need to buy a car. You can drive one of ours." It happened again today. I needed to run to the post office, a gold dealer, and the bank. My son-in-law just took me to the post office and not the gold dealer or bank. He told me that I should ask my daughter. He said he needed a nap! That is just great!! I had to pay postage on the box I sent and I needed to sell my gold to cover the postage. Now since he didn't take me like he said he would, my bank account is in the negative and a $27 service charge will be deducted from my account. I already figured it up and I'm going to have just a little over $200 left after that. That is the last straw!! I am still pissed and I know I won't get any sleep tonight because I'm worried about my account.

Yeah, I already discovered that. But it's going to be 2027 before I can sign back up for extra help. When I was on that all of my medical bills and medicines were paid for. Now, since mom died and I split the sale of her house with my brother, I can't get on that for 5 years. Mom told me to use the money for my own place, but no. I trusted my daughter when she said, "You don't need to buy a car. You can drive one of ours." It happened again today. I needed to run to the post office, a gold dealer, and the bank. My son-in-law just took me to the post office and not the gold dealer or bank. He told me that I should ask my daughter. He said he needed a nap! That is just great!! I had to pay postage on the box I sent and I needed to sell my gold to cover the postage. Now since he didn't take me like he said he would, my bank account is in the negative and a $27 service charge will be deducted from my account. I already figured it up and I'm going to have just a little over $200 left after that. That is the last straw!! I am still pissed and I know I won't get any sleep tonight because I'm worried about my account.
Next time call Uber. CL🍀

The Governor of Indiana is stepping down next election cycle. He's the one stopping cannabis from going legal there. Once you get a new governor it will most likely change there too. I'm going to be moving back to Indiana or IL. by April.
Just looking for the place I want to buy as houses are like 35% of the prices of houses in AZ. It depends on where you go of course. I can buy a 2100 Sq. Ft. house on 2.25 acres in Wellington, IL. for just $155K & here that would cost you a minimum of $500K. The cost of living & Hot Ass Summers are making me leave AZ.
If I move to Indiana (legal or not) I'll still be growing.
My mom lives in Cedar Lake, IN. & only pays $185 mo. rent in Senior Housing.

The Governor of Indiana is stepping down next election cycle. He's the one stopping cannabis from going legal there. Once you get a new governor it will most likely change there too. I'm going to be moving back to Indiana or IL. by April.
Just looking for the place I want to buy as houses are like 35% of the prices of houses in AZ. It depends on where you go of course. I can buy a 2100 Sq. Ft. house on 2.25 acres in Wellington, IL. for just $155K & here that would cost you a minimum of $500K. The cost of living & Hot Ass Summers are making me leave AZ.
The City of Chicago is very liberal and very likely to help you with any Senior Services and if not through them they would prolly guide you with what to do. CL🍀

i think just about everyone here will be happy for you and massively relieved when you can change your living situation and start growing.

Next time call Uber. CL🍀
Uber in Newburgh is just as bad. It probably would have been faster to walk. I changed the passwords on my MyChart account so they won't be noisy. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and act happy until I mail in my first month's rent and call a moving company. And again, today. My daughter comes in from work pissed off and there is a three-way fight going on in the kitchen. After the fight. Why she said this I don't know but she was telling me that since cannabis became legal in other states, the addiction rate has sky-rocketed. She tries her best to make me feel stupid.

i think just about everyone here will be happy for you and massively relieved when you can change your living situation and start growing.
I can't grow in Kentucky. Believe me, I wished I could. And now they want to reclassify cannabis as a Schedule 3 drug! I think that cops and the DEA don't want to let go of cannabis as a schedule anything. Look how much revenue they get from drug busts. And you can't tell me that the cops don't pocket some of that money and smoke cannabis themselves.

The City of Chicago is very liberal and very likely to help you with any Senior Services and if not through them they would prolly guide you with what to do. CL🍀
Thank you. I will keep that in mind. I might be living with my daughter, but I feel very alone. When my mom passed, it was like I didn't have any other relatives left in the world. Which is in a way, true. After my grandmother passed, I never saw any of my cousins again. Everyone I knew on both sides of the family is gone. The Alfords have been in Daviess County KY since the 1800s. Now there is only one left. Everyone else has scattered to the winds. My mom's side is so large I don't know any of them, except one person. I think I will call the SSA tomorrow and see how much longer I really have if I can talk to someone who speaks good English. The last time I called, the woman's accent was so thick I couldn't make out what she was saying.
It must be nice! Wow! My daughter is charging me $250 a month. At first, it was just $200 a month. Just like my son-in-law's mother. Yeah. He charged his own mom. But I offered to give them an extra $50 because they moved into a 3-bedroom apartment instead of two because of me. When I told him that after they moved into their new house, I was going back to giving them $200 again. Her husband said, "Robin we depend on that every month!" They must not be too dependent on it because they eat out every week, sometimes several times a week and they are always buying lottery tickets. Like they are going to win. I know for a fact this week, my daughter only cooked two meals since Sunday.

Mike Braun is running for Governor and he is against weed. I wrote him about getting his support for it and he said this and I quote, "Putting smoke in your lungs is bad for you." Like I'm a 5-year-old.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind. I might be living with my daughter, but I feel very alone. When my mom passed, it was like I didn't have any other relatives left in the world. Which is in a way, true. After my grandmother passed, I never saw any of my cousins again. Everyone I knew on both sides of the family is gone. The Alfords have been in Daviess County KY since the 1800s. Now there is only one left. Everyone else has scattered to the winds. My mom's side is so large I don't know any of them, except one person. I think I will call the SSA tomorrow and see how much longer I really have if I can talk to someone who speaks good English. The last time I called, the woman's accent was so thick I couldn't make out what she was saying.

It must be nice! Wow! My daughter is charging me $250 a month. At first, it was just $200 a month. Just like my son-in-law's mother. Yeah. He charged his own mom. But I offered to give them an extra $50 because they moved into a 3-bedroom apartment instead of two because of me. When I told him that after they moved into their new house, I was going back to giving them $200 again. Her husband said, "Robin we depend on that every month!" They must not be too dependent on it because they eat out every week, sometimes several times a week and they are always buying lottery tickets. Like they are going to win. I know for a fact this week, my daughter only cooked two meals since Sunday.

Mike Braun is running for Governor and he is against weed. I wrote him about getting his support for it and he said this and I quote, "Putting smoke in your lungs is bad for you." Like I'm a 5-year-old.
You do you , your daughter and son in-law are old enough to look after themselves.
Take care of yourself :green_heart::passitleft:

There’s nothing worse than some family members good intentions on how you should be living your life. I had to take 10 years of no communication before being left alone to live my life without others giving me any advice. Live for yourself and let others do their thing. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom