The Tardis ReGenerated (Doctor Who's Grow)

Yeah I had the same problem with my E&F and STG. STG is good in theory but I think they would work best as a hand water job. Having the mini res at the bottom may help in that situation.

I think the STG would be fine once the plants get bigger or are put in this more root mass, clone in STG doesn't work for me.

I was also told by another so called experienced EF person! hey you don't need those plates with a hole cut in them to cover the rock wool in EF you wouldn't get algae take them off, algae bro! first thing that happened! and I'm not sure why I followed those instructions either I know better, it's like asking your helper to go fined the 2 x 4 stretcher.

I think the STG would be fine once the plants get bigger or are put in this more root mass, clone in STG doesn't work for me.

I was also told by another so called experienced EF person! hey you don't need those plates with a hole cut in them to cover the rock wool in EF you wouldn't get algae take them off, algae bro! first thing that happened! and I'm not sure why I followed those instructions either I know better, it's like asking your helper to go fined the 2 x 4 stretcher.

Damn bro, sorry to hear the problems you're having. I have no clue about EF so I'm on the sideline for this one.

By the way, the 2x4 stretcher is in the trailer right next to the sky hook!

Damn bro, sorry to hear the problems you're having. I have no clue about EF so I'm on the sideline for this one.

By the way, the 2x4 stretcher is in the trailer right next to the sky hook!

I am gaining a better understanding for the system now, over feeding is the problem, right now my outdoor plants are looking real nice their all from seed and are close to being able to replace any one of the clones, and their from hermy plants I think! which means their is a good chance they will be females don't know the odds but better than 40% their roots are looking good too! so what ever happens here now! I have replacements now! I almost rather get the autoflower seedlings in their now but I think they'll grow faster outside.

I also added in 6 air sticks with one 4 port and one 2 port air pump fed by way of the control buckets hole for the power cord for the water pump, down thru the feeder tubes into each of the buckets niffty right! I didn't want more tubing laying around to trip over! but hey home depot 50' ft of black 1/4" air tubing $4.98 better than clear and cheeper, oh and the air sticks are those round one's about 2" x 2.5 or so, lift the buckets just enough to allow for a little extra air space but not to much.

Oh and hey! remember that old myistical auto part called! the muffler bearing.

Bad bad bad bad Bad! news! I failed! I am moving to outdoor soil grow for now or till I can find some good clones from a private grower! the collectives sell crapy clones aside from my helping by being new to EF, I will be hanging either here or in the soil threads for now, I think saving money on light, fans, a/c, pumps an so on is a good thing so, an heat isn't the problem but the room costs so much to run and if i can't work it out I need to shut it down till I get it worked out! so far the clones had to be moved out as they where stunted in growth (part me! ans part collective) and locked up! so I opted to move them out of the room to outdoors as it would take to long for them to recoup (2-3 weeks min), look if it can't be quick I can't use the room and frankly why? summer is a good time for outdoor is it not??? and if you want a short grow outdoors just buy autoflower seeds they actually take less time outside than indoors in a hydro system.

All my plants are in pot's and so far I am working with a combo of seed grown and clones, the seed grown I am not sure of sex yet, but their are 2 or 3 autoflower fem babies in the mix, so I my have failed at the EF systrem (for now) but am very sucessfull with outdoors (so far) now it's just making sure to stop bugs and theift worried more about the bug's

First, sorry about your problems. Well, take me along to the soil grow threads. I'm finishing up this grow and plan on a combo soil/bp grow for the summer.

I got FFOF soil and some 3 gallon buckets with drainage. Planning on two per soil pot. All I know for sure now is that they don't need nutes for the first 2-3 weeks and you shouldn't overly water them. I'll be using pot lifting to determine the need for water. Past that I'm basically clueless. Figured summer was a good time to try soil with the res temp issues I deal with daily. Well that and I want to be able to grow by whatever means necessary.

First, sorry about your problems. Well, take me along to the soil grow threads. I'm finishing up this grow and plan on a combo soil/bp grow for the summer.

I got FFOF soil and some 3 gallon buckets with drainage. Planning on two per soil pot. All I know for sure now is that they don't need nutes for the first 2-3 weeks and you shouldn't overly water them. I'll be using pot lifting to determine the need for water. Past that I'm basically clueless. Figured summer was a good time to try soil with the res temp issues I deal with daily. Well that and I want to be able to grow by whatever means necessary.

Hey guys, check out OldMedMan's just finished thread. He used "air" pots. They have holes in the sides allowing the roots to grow out through the sides and get trimmed buy the air drying them out, apparently this is to avoid getting root bound during the grow. I'm not real up un them, but he grew some really nice buds that way.

It can't hurt to try some AutoFlowers seeds in the outdoor grow what is there to lose? really no different than if done inside with the AF seeds, infact they would finish much faster than a normally grown plants and should be able to do at least 2 harvests before end of summer.

I may just sart up the room again but only in Deep Water Culture, I think there may be a way to adapt the ef system to Deep Water Culture, in some fashion! using the control bucket some how? maybe laeve it on flood most all the time and when the water level goes down it will automaticly fill the buckets, you can keep 2 to 2.5 galllons in a five gallon of water in a bubblebucket, yes keep it on flood and have it drain and reflood once every few days, put in drip pumps till the roots hit the water.

Sorry about your issues Doctor. Hope the soil treats you better.

Not a problem Bro, I look at it as saving money right now on the electrical, it would just cost me more money trying to get them going again, I had a friend have a look at them! his opinion was more the issue of just plan old bad cloning from where ever I got them from, I plan to start up again I just need good clones to work with! and that have a good root system going when bought, what went wrong and it's not the EF systems, so the Doc isn't down and out yet! I'am working on finding some nice clones from a private grower, and may have made a conncection with someone I'am waiting to hear back from the guy who knows the guy lol..

And remember very time you type in the word "Who" you all will think of me! "Psych"

One of these days I'm gonna have to read up on keeping a mother plant. Maybe bonsai.

It's a great idea if you have a number of mothers and a limited space.

I was just thinking, I've got the two mothers, I'll take three more from my current grow and possibly get two more from a friend, I'll need to pack them in somewhere, I'm running out of space in the living room!

Doc, you have to do your own clones. Start up a couple plants for your soil grow, take cuttings from them and do your own. It's easy enough to do and you know what the quality will be. I was so disappointed in the clones I ended up with. I ended up replacing 10 out of the 18 I started with.

There are 1 or 2 left out of the 9! I was in to much of a hurry and just took what I could get and looked okay, yeah I am going to take some clones from what's growing outside but they have a while to go before I can force them to show their sex, most are in pot's or will be in pot's so no problem there!

Back
Top Bottom