The Tortoise Vs The Hare: Sativa Vs Indica Showdown

HugePeckerhead

Hi folks. I'm getting ready to start a battle between the 2. Like the title says....sativa vs indica. Now my plan for this is to add the extra flower time the sativa needs to the indica while in veg. Now, if you don't know what I mean let me break it down and explain. So if I veg the sativa for 4 weeks then flower for 11 weeks, that's a total of 15 weeks. The indica vegs for 4 weeks but flowers for 7 weeks for a total of 11 weeks. So since there's a 4 week difference, I'll veg the indica for 4 extra weeks before flipping. Interesting right? So with my idea behind the grow let me introduce you to the 2 different strains I'll be running. Enjoy. :blunt:

First up is the sativa....African Buzz. Here's some of the information on the strain.

African genetics are some of the most popular and enjoyed around the world, due to their exotic taste and mesmerising effects. African Buzz is a variation of the Malawi Gold Seedsman that was offered in previous years.

It is a wonderful 100% sativa strain originating in Malawi. Our African Buzz was a particular phenotype that we really enjoyed giving us an immense cerebral buzz. We crossed this with a fast growing Malawi Gold father and African Buzz was created.

Although it is a pure sativa it has a quick vegetative stage in optimum conditions and we would recommend only 2-3 weeks growth before switching to flowering to minimise its height.

African Buzz takes 11 weeks to flower during which its typical structure of long branches begins to show. It is a good yielder and is recommended as best indoors and in greenhouses, unless you are somewhere with no chance of frost until December e.g. Southern Italy and Spain.

Any sativa aficionados will appreciate the buzzy and exciting effect our African strain produces.

Genetics: Malawi
Variety: Pure Sativa
Type: Pure-bred, Traditional Landrace
Harvest Date: November
Flowering Period: 11 weeks
THC Content: 10-20%
Characteristics: Good yielding sativa, with long branches.

Now that we know the first contender, let me introduce you to the indica.

Ata Tundra:

This f1 hybrid is one of the most interesting in our seed range. It is a cross of two pure lines coming from different geographic regions not very well-known in the cannabis world.

One parent comes from Alaska, home of the famous Matanuska Thunderfuck. This line is pure indica and shows good resistance to frost thanks to its origin.

The other parent comes from Kazakhstan, a wide region that extends from north Afghanistan between Uzbekistan and Russia, neighbouring China in the east. This parent is similar to the Afghani Kush, with a lemony smell typical of the Citral of Pakistan.

Growing Ata Tundra you can see many of the characteristics of both these parent plants.

Our hybrid is 100% indica. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. It is our quickest flowering strain; finishing in around 45 days or outdoors towards the end of September. Its optimum THC level is around 20%.

It produces large, lemon scented compact buds. The hardiness of this plant coupled with its early maturation and ease of growth make it perfect for guerrilla cultivation techniques.

Genetics: Tundra x Kazakhstani
Variety: Pure Indica
Type: f1 Hybrid
Harvest Date: End of September
Flowering Period: 6 weeks
THC Content: 19%
Characteristics: Quick flowerer, good in cold climates.

I just ordered these seeds today and should have them in a week or so. Over that time I'll be preparing a 3x3 tent for the grow and giving my grow specs. I have multiple grow rooms so I'll be able to veg the indica for the extra weeks in a different area.

I've gotten the impression that Seedsman's African Buzz is one of their "unsung heroes," in that it's a pretty good strain that many people don't seem to know about. Personally, I have never grown it (but think I might have one seed of it somewhere), and would be interested in reading an eventual smoke report / review, assuming you get that far.

Good luck with your grow!

I've gotten the impression that Seedsman's African Buzz is one of their "unsung heroes," in that it's a pretty good strain that many people don't seem to know about. Personally, I have never grown it (but think I might have one seed of it somewhere), and would be interested in reading an eventual smoke report / review, assuming you get that far.

Good luck with your grow!
I made sure to get regular seeds on these for both strains. I'll probably drop 3 each when I do get them in hopes to get at least one strong male from each to collect pollen. Hopefully something to have fun with down the road.

OP hasn't logged in since January 8. Shame, too; I was hoping to see how the African Buzz turned out, grew, flowered, etc. I'm going to ask the staff to move the journal to "Abandoned"

OP hasn't logged in since January 8; I was hoping to see how the African Buzz turned out, grew, flowered, etc. I'm going to ask the staff to move the journal to "Abandoned".
I have 2 seeds just popped up of AB right now that I'm gonna include in my regular journal since they all grow together..hoping for a male and female so I can make a few crosses.

Nice, I hope they do well for you. How's the Golden Tiger. Have you tried it, yet? And have you posted a "smoke report"/grow characteristics summary thread on it yet? (<HINT> <HINT> ;))

I've smoked a couple different versions of Malawi Gold in recent years. Strain always has a great reputation and all, but... Neither really compared to some of the bud from Africa that used to pass through here occasionally in the late '80s / early '90s. That stuff was grand, IMHO. Wasn't always grown superbly (seemed to be all kinds of "variance"), and the buzz didn't always last. But it really got the mind hitting the red line, so to speak. And one could always smoke another joint, lol. Didn't have that "no upper limit" thing, but it seemed like it took a long time to get burned out on it and have to switch to something different for a while, Functional buzz, no one would notice except that you'd end up smiling once in a while when you didn't, usually, and not mind talking to idiots so much. Every time I read about someone growing some kind of African-origin strain, I always wonder if it will be reminiscent of that (and sort of hope). Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom