Too late to change the my current light with another?

JBLADE

420 Member
Hello all
I have girl who appears to be in her last few weeks of flower based on what I know about trichome development.

She was adopted and I have her under a pretty generic led "FAMURS 1000W" (yes amazon lol) but its very warm keeping the little 2x2x4ft tent around 85F.

My question is that I want to swap out this light with another I currently own (another generic led board) 'PHILIZON 1000w'

Both have pretty identical ppfd values at the same heights only difference (thats apparent to me) is this first light is very warm and blurple and the other does not run as warm and is more white.

Is she too late into flower to swap the fixtures?

Thanks for your time.

You could, but this late in the game I would stick with what you are doing unless something wrong with the light. Late flower not the time to confuse it with changes.

I thought the same thing too.... thats why I asked but.... I went with changing it anyway and just gonna see how it goes.
My biggest concern about the switch is that it may freak her out.... But she was adopted and my first "grow" and if I told yall that I had these seedlings on a 10 on 14 off for most of their lives until I learned about photo periods and light cycle than trust me this switch would probably be the last concern.

The heat and wattage draw from the outlet made no sense... this other one seems more efficient without much difference in par. The first light was drawing 150 watts from the wall and this only draws 90. And yes while this isn't my primary reason for switching the light it did make more sense even if only a couple more weeks to go and already gifted the light and trying to clean up my grow space/fish room.

But you could also finish with the same light, and that way have a comparison on your next grow with the other light. But one of those it shouldn't matter, just sucks this late in game if it did freak her out ;) :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom