All here is my setup

room temp day 27 night 22
water temp 18
ec start at 1.1 week 1 flower then up to 1.3 week 4-5
ph 5.8
16 alien flood drain
flood time ever 3 hours
40 days of veg under cfl 24hours

had this system running for 6 months now with really crap results about 1oz per plant

can anyone tell me if my setup is wrong.

I have always topped my plant people say double tops better then one.

so this time I just topped 8 and left the other 8
the 8 I left look the best getting tall thick stem.
the 8 I topped look the same as the last 6 months crap stopped growing and spindly

so from now on I wont be topping

Not much hydro experience here but I don't like 24/0 for a light schedule.
40 days from seed? That is not a lot of time for topping and then for the plant to recover. How big are they when you flip them?

Some thing seems odd here & ya should be getting better results !

1. What lights do you use for flowering ?

2. Topping you need to have suitable new regrowth of a few inches or more before going into flowering.

Perhaps ya got a strain which does not respond well to topping ?

I agree with Major. I feel plants need 6 to 8 hours of dark each day. They need down time to repair, replenish, and grow just like we do. How much light are you giving them, and what spectrum? How far away are the lights? As I understand it, with CFLs they should be close and horizontal.

I agree with Major. I feel plants need 6 to 8 hours of dark each day. They need down time to repair, replenish, and grow just like we do. How much light are you giving them, and what spectrum? How far away are the lights? As I understand it, with CFLs they should be close and horizontal.

That is a real good point & more likely the most simple idea to improve growth... just a case of adjust timer & see for ya self :thumb:

These guys are on to something. I've always noticed that plants under 24hours of light are very strechy and spindly.

I normally do 18/6 in veg have done for the last 6 months, I only went to 24 in veg last week and they seen to love it. theses one in veg now I have not topped.

lights in flower are 600w per 4 plants

it has nothing to do with 24 lights in veg.

they have been white widow and kush

I also agree that plants need their night time to develop roots and put all that energy gathered during the day to work. Topping does not even slow my plants down. Here are mine, each pinched at least twice, and about a month old... I see no stunting here at all.

DSCF4845the_tribe.JPG

Pictures roundstone?

put 8 of my best ones in the flood drain system 4 days ago still under 18.6.the ec 1.4 ph 5.9 and all the botton leafs are turning yellow???? and 2 look droppy

Back
Top Bottom