Total newbie

The plants seem to be curling a lot upwards. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 3AFF31AF-72DE-49B6-98BC-AFDCD22F8D41.jpeg
    3AFF31AF-72DE-49B6-98BC-AFDCD22F8D41.jpeg
    643.3 KB · Views: 171
  • BADD28BF-CF5D-444F-87A6-D6DA6219F065.jpeg
    BADD28BF-CF5D-444F-87A6-D6DA6219F065.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 165
  • BB4D2E11-A5F6-4FB8-BA77-D8BB57F1FFEF.jpeg
    BB4D2E11-A5F6-4FB8-BA77-D8BB57F1FFEF.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 175
Hey everyone. Totally new here. First time grower. Don’t know what to expect and feel like I’m out of my depth every time something changes on my plants. (Auto Blueberry - Dutch passion) indoor grow under 600w led lights.
Welcome to 420 Mrmon. Yoy can and will find all your answers here. Don't know anything about your grow but it sure looks like your light maybe a little to close and they are trying to shade themselves.

Welcome to 420 Mrmon. Yoy can and will find all your answers here. Don't know anything about your grow but it sure looks like your light maybe a little to close and they are trying to shade themselves.
Thanks so much - I have moved the lights up a bit so fingers crossed that it works - they are just starting to produce 7 finger fan leaves so hope all is well

welcome. MrMon. you have 2 of the best gurus on your Post within minutes of going live( bloody new kids , teachers pet !! Lol) Great rule of thumb as mentioned about shading themselves ( "taco-ing"). If "clawing" other way round think more exhaustion/deficient.
Sound advice already mentioned and followed it seems, too.
Good luck MrMon , you are among so many new friends with a passion for this that far outweighs the need to impress ,or allow egos to ruin a brilliant forum for us. No question is too simple/compkex and there will always , no doubt be a member somewhere who will be in exactly the same predicament. If you click on the link nelow my post that says "links for new members" you will get some great info in how to get the best from 420 and its forums. Start a journal and members can visit at will , this will invite a lot of comments and support "on the fly" . We all know the fears and worries of first grows , so gravitate to re-live our own "first time" too. A good thread title is all it takes. Have a look through a few journals to get a feel for them , there are a lot of different styles used and no wrong way to post really. Hit the link and have fun .

p.s Say Bye to other pastimes, this shizzle is addictive
Happy 420 MrMon :passitleft::thumb::Namaste:

Hey buddy, as a general rule, there's a couple of exceptions but almost always,
Leaves curl up or "taco" is environmental stress. Light too close, too hot, or the humidity is off.
Leaves droop down is a problem at the root zone. Usually a lack of oxygen.
Leaves go wierd and twisty then it's a ph issue in the media.

Hey buddy, as a general rule, there's a couple of exceptions but almost always,
Leaves curl up or "taco" is environmental stress. Light too close, too hot, or the humidity is off.
Leaves droop down is a problem at the root zone. Usually a lack of oxygen.
Leaves go wierd and twisty then it's a ph issue in the media.
I like this description... an alert gardener can see what it is that the plant is complaining about simply by the reactions of the leaves.

I like this description... an alert gardener can see what it is that the plant is complaining about simply by the reactions of the leaves.
Yeah it's covers most things non nute related. Got a quick fix for that too though.
Bottoms go yellow you up the base nutes.
Tops go yellow you up the micro.
Mids lose colour and go blotchy or get rust spots you up the calmag.
As long as the ph is right and you don't feed too strong there's not much else really that can go wrong.
Quarter strength for seedlings. Half strength for bigger plants.
If soil let it dry between waterings.
If coco always water to run off every day.
About all there is too it really. Covers most of the basics anyway.

The plants seem to be curling a lot upwards. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...
Welcome to :420: MrMonchichi, as already stated, it appears your lights are too close to your plants, you want a good 18-24 inches minimum between the lights and plants, back your lights up to 24” and move them down a little at a time to find your sweet spot, equatorialy located strains like stronger light but strains located away from the equator or some strains that have been bred indoors over a number of generations, won’t need as strong of light and will try to protect themselves as yours are showing, I just had to move my lights up last week for the same issue. You came to a good place when help is needed. You should consider getting a grow journal up and going at some point, some helpful links in my signature to help get you going if needed, again, welcome along and cheers mate

Agreed looks like too much light but also what is your RH?

No worries about being new. Everyone’s here to help and learn. Just a bunch of nice people who will treat you right.

Unless you’re a jerk. Then we just run you off with torches and pitchforks.
try not to be a jerk not sure wj
welcome. MrMon. you have 2 of the best gurus on your Post within minutes of going live( bloody new kids , teachers pet !! Lol) Great rule of thumb as mentioned about shading themselves ( "taco-ing"). If "clawing" other way round think more exhaustion/deficient.
Sound advice already mentioned and followed it seems, too.
Good luck MrMon , you are among so many new friends with a passion for this that far outweighs the need to impress ,or allow egos to ruin a brilliant forum for us. No question is too simple/compkex and there will always , no doubt be a member somewhere who will be in exactly the same predicament. If you click on the link nelow my post that says "links for new members" you will get some great info in how to get the best from 420 and its forums. Start a journal and members can visit at will , this will invite a lot of comments and support "on the fly" . We all know the fears and worries of first grows , so gravitate to re-live our own "first time" too. A good thread title is all it takes. Have a look through a few journals to get a feel for them , there are a lot of different styles used and no wrong way to post really. Hit the link and have fun .

p.s Say Bye to other pastimes, this shizzle is addictive
Happy 420 MrMon :passitleft::thumb::Namaste:
fantastic thanks so much - this is such a cool collective. I’m so excited about how my plants develop - it’s amazing.the advice here is super - happy 420

Hi to all, I am also new here. Feeling really great to be here.
Welcome to 420 Minnie. Have a look through" helpful links for new members " tag in my signature. can help get the best use from the site and how to start a journal , post pics get grow support ect.. saves a lot of time trying to find your way around this huge site. You will meet some great folks on here and your opinion and knowledge are welcome additions
Enjoy your peruse Minnie :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom