Tranquilgreen - Hydro & Soil - First Grow Journal

The cat is out of the bag...

Looks great, TG. Only a couple of weeks till harvest! Methinks I see a little light burn, but that never worries me.

Not sure I would've added Cat drench this late, but my first high brix babies are still a couple weeks away from flower. Here is what Doc has to say on the matter:
Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

That's all I got for now. Until next time, stay classy and sassy!
:Namaste:

looking nice looks like you will have a great harvest

:drool::jawdropper::drool:

:thanks: I am excited about this, my first grow. I have learned so much!

I found a broken branch on my Pineapple Chunk that had dried naturally. I smoked it last night and wow, nice smooth taste and mellow high with a little energy with it!

:green_heart:

Re: The cat is out of the bag...

Looks great, TG. Only a couple of weeks till harvest! Methinks I see a little light burn, but that never worries me.

Not sure I would've added Cat drench this late, but my first high brix babies are still a couple weeks away from flower. Here is what Doc has to say on the matter:

That's all I got for now. Until next time, stay classy and sassy!
:Namaste:

I really wasn't sure of the timing of the cat drench but my plants are doing well in spite of my muddling through with the brix. I hope it smokes smooth and with no gamey taste. Time will tell.

I found a broken branch on one of my Pineapple Chunks that had dried with a flower at the end of it. So I smoked it last night, the high was very nice and the smoke was smooth with no gamey flavor.

Seventh Week: Sunday August 9th

Temp: 72 to 91 degrees in the tent
RH: 30% to 63%
Lights on at 9 am and off at 9 pm

On Monday August 3rd I gave everyone an in-the-pot watering, one gallon of water with some grow in it for each plant.
Wednesday August 5th I sprayed them with the Brix Foliar
Friday August 7th I gave them all a good spraying of De-Stress
Sunday, today, I gave them some more grow and they are looking a little more energized.
:cheer:

I have to keep remembering most of these plants have gone through quite a bit of stress in their lives. Even as seedlings the White Widow almost died and the Sour Diesel started to damp off and was not growing until I put her deeper in soil so she could start some new roots.

None of them started out with anything other than organic soil and organic fish ferts.

The Green Crack and the White Widow came from my DWC and were ripped out of the water and transplanted in soil. It should have killed them but they survived with the help of Docs brix kit, a nod to de-stress and grow.

So here they are in the tent now. Still alive!
131015.jpg

And some flowers ripening...
08136.jpg

White Widow
111167.jpg

Green Crack 2
07152.jpg

Green Crack 1
06172.jpg

Sour Diesel - plus one of my hairs.:clap:
05201.jpg

Quintonic
04300.jpg

Quintonic
02404.jpg

Green Crack again
01707.jpg

And so you can see I will be harvesting some soon. Gotta get my loupe out and look. Until next Sunday this is my report for the start of week seven. Thanks for any questions or suggestions as always.

The ladies look utterly amazing for everything they've been through! Amazing grow you should be quite pleased!!

Oh I am definitely pleased Whitty! After so long without growing anything I can smoke and use for medicine I am thrilled to have the option now. Also, I just re-read it and I am not sure WHY I keep calling my two Pineapple Chunks Green Crack? I have the GC growing in my second grow, outside. So remember they are PC instead of GC. I did test the PC and it's a very nice smoke.

Eighth Week in flower: Tuesday August 18th

Temp: 74 to 92 degrees in the tent
RH: 30% to 59%
Lights on at 9 am and off at 9 pm

On Monday August 10th I gave everyone one gallon of water/grow.
Wednesday August 12th they got some Brix Foliar
Saturday August 15th all the girls got a spraying of De-Stress and some grow in the water.
Monday, the girls needed some more grow and they are looking a little more energized.
Today they got water until the pots were saturated due to high temps and bedraggled looks. 6 gallons

It's hard to believe they are not ready yet. I've been checking each plants trichomes, still mostly clear and maybe 10% cloudy. I did see one amber. I suspect next week with be some chopping if not sooner for the Pineapple Chunk.

The tent...

0121009.JPG

White Widow
0101276.JPG

Same White Widow still never got well from her strange leaves.
0091385.JPG

Pineapple Chunk - Weak stems

0081549.JPG

The other Pineapple Chunk had a tomato cage for support
0071702.JPG

Sour Diesel
0061827.JPG

Sour Diesel Cola Closeup
005a3.jpg

Sour Diesel
0052060.JPG

Quintonic

0042188.JPG

Quintonic - I'm anxious to try her out.
0032335.JPG

Chocolate Kush poor girl needed some water
0022435.JPG

Chocolate Kush has a smell like a biohazard containment area
0012490.JPG

Well there ya go. My first grow is drawing to a close. Soon it will be time to harvest. I might even have a chop or two in my next report.

I just chopped and washed two plants, both Pineapple Chunks. They are nothing to write home about. I got a lot of trim and small buds for some oil I am going to make so that's the good part. The first water had bunches of crud in it. I used my wire strainer to dip out the "stuff" I could see. I had to do both plants in the same water because I only had enough lemon juice for one fill. Anyway, pictures are worth a 1000 words...

My setup: Blue tub with water, baking soda and lemon juice. My hot water is in the sink in the red tub and the green one is cold water and the last is a dry tub until I can get them drained.
0012493.JPG

0022439.JPG

0032339.JPG

0042193.JPG

0061831.JPG

0052063.JPG

I don't care what anyone says that's some nice meds you got there I found out after my first harvest stuff you grow is always better you can smoke and feel proud and get stoned

:goodjob:

Thanks db. I agree. I'm happy I can grow my own and be self-sufficient. :high-five:

:thanks: Unfortunately I did not harvest my GC, I harvested my two Pineapple Chunks. My GC is in my other journal and has a few months left. I did test the PC and it was the kind of smoke that sneaks up on you. I was thinking, Hmmm, I don't feel much... so I had a few more hits and since it was time for bed I grabbed my kindle to read for awhile. I found my vision kind of swimming along the words and it was then I realized WOW, am I baked!

I did take 12 clones from my 3 GC and so far I have roots in all 12. I potted them today. We will see how they grow in Hi Brix. I plan on keeping one for a mother and giving a few away.

Back
Top Bottom