Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

Really nice set up. Like u im on first indoor grow ever. First shot at hydro as well, so im in the same boat as you. I can only wish I was as prepared n well equipped as you in my setup:goodjob::bravo: I am watching ur grow closely as I am doing DWC as well, and am waiting on my GLH 180 any day now. I've just begun my 12/12 yesterday so Im right behind you. Just subbed n i would like to start a journal of my own after getting all the good vibes from 420mag:cool: Just gotta get a couple more I's dotted n T's crossed. Good luck! And ill b watchin

Welcome to 420Mag 619ster. Sites full of solid peeps with worldly knowledge and willingness to share! :welcome:

TS, when you speak we tend to listen. I've recognized the "marketing" by breeders and their generous yeilds, quick flower times and such. All new to me but thats why I subscribe. Thanks for your input, it's always welcome and appreciated. :grinjoint:

Wow Trichtone, dem babes are filling out nicely! Seems height shouldn't be a prob, just the screen door on the buckets. Some sweet aromas should be waifting out in the next 2 wks. In a word; Awesome!

Looking nice brother, how are those temps? Look like they will really fill out :)

SG
Thanks SG! Temps haven't been too bad. We have had a cool spell here (mid 90's) and the cab temps have only been pushing up to 95F. Res temps have been better too (low 80's). BTW - I can't wait to get your smoke report on your harvest. Looking sweet man!

+ reps, looking very nice:blunt:

Thanks Transplant! Glad you stopped by to check out the ladies :grinjoint:

Lookin' Sexy my friend, hope the smoke comes out like a fine wine. :roorrip:

Man, I can't wait to smoke the fruits of my labor. I grow a vegetable garden as well, and eating what you grow is the best! :rollit:

Welcome to 420Mag 619ster. Sites full of solid peeps with worldly knowledge and willingness to share! :welcome:

TS, when you speak we tend to listen. I've recognized the "marketing" by breeders and their generous yeilds, quick flower times and such. All new to me but thats why I subscribe. Thanks for your input, it's always welcome and appreciated. :grinjoint:

Wow Trichtone, dem babes are filling out nicely! Seems height shouldn't be a prob, just the screen door on the buckets. Some sweet aromas should be waifting out in the next 2 wks. In a word; Awesome!

Hehe....TS is da man for sure!

Thanks KX. The smell is great in there. Both strains have unique smells and when mixed together it is pretty sweet.

Lookig really good, good luck with the bucket-replacements!!!

Thanks man0os! I replaced 2 more plant buckets tonight. That means all of the plant buckets have been replaced. I now just need to replace the res bucket. I will probably do that over the next few days. I sure hope the modifications i made to the buckets put my leak issues way behind me! :ganjamon:

Those girls are poppin nicely..:cool:

Thanks Dogsnova! I love watching the buds form. It is a trip watching them grow.

I think I will get at least one more grow under my belt and then I am really thinking about incorporating PAD into my setup. I wanted to try it on this grow, but I think just learning how to grow the standard way is enough to tackle for the first grow. When I get close to getting it setup, I will PM ya! :grinjoint:

Really nice set up. Like u im on first indoor grow ever. First shot at hydro as well, so im in the same boat as you. I can only wish I was as prepared n well equipped as you in my setup:goodjob::bravo: I am watching ur grow closely as I am doing DWC as well, and am waiting on my GLH 180 any day now. I've just begun my 12/12 yesterday so Im right behind you. Just subbed n i would like to start a journal of my own after getting all the good vibes from 420mag:cool: Just gotta get a couple more I's dotted n T's crossed. Good luck! And ill b watchin

Welcome to 420 619ster! You won't find a better community. I would highly reccommend starting a journal. It has been a great way for me to reflect on my grow and support for the peeps here is amazing!

Hehe...I sounds like we have really similar setups. I would love to hear how you setup your DWC! I have a love / hate (small hate) relationship with mine. The DWC is a really easy system to feed your ladies. The only major issues I have had with it is the leaks. I undersized my holes in the buckets and that has lead to cracks and leaks. hehe...lesson learned the hard way. What has been you experience with your system? All good?

BTW, I think the GLH lights are awesome. You will love it! :ganjamon:

Welcome to 420 619ster! You won't find a better community. I would highly recommend starting a journal. It has been a great way for me to reflect on my grow and support for the peeps here is amazing!

Hehe...I sounds like we have really similar setups. I would love to hear how you setup your DWC! I have a love / hate (small hate) relationship with mine. The DWC is a really easy system to feed your ladies. The only major issues I have had with it is the leaks. I undersized my holes in the buckets and that has lead to cracks and leaks. hehe...lesson learned the hard way. What has been you experience with your system? All good?

TS, when you speak we tend to listen.

Just call me E. F. Hutton (NOT!!!), lol.

Welcome to 420 619ster! You won't find a better community. I would highly recommend starting a journal. It has been a great way for me to reflect on my grow and support for the peeps here is amazing!

Yeah I cant wait 2 get my light! Yea currently My girls sleep in the room with me hehe (the way it should be right:)) No grow room at da moment. But I have a 4x4 tent I need to put up wen I get time. I made the DWC system from a regular $3 sterlite tote. Weird how everything has gone just perfect without any environment control, a clear res, cfl for veg, not in the most sterile environment at the moment, and I may have vegged too long for my setup because now they are growing into each other(two in one tote). And the res only fits 2-3 gallons and both the girls feed on that. But they look as healthy and sexy as any other so I guess I dont have too much to worry about. Until the tent gets setup at least

I can tell you from experience that this IS the BEST Cannabis forum on the Web. The people here are really helpful and all about the MJ experience. I've been on other forums in the past(no names mentioned, not my style) and most of them were too busy talking about growing instead of actually doing it. Damn virtual growers think they know it all. The mods don't do there job, there are a ton of reasons why I ONLY enjoy this site. 619ster :welcome:

There is a difference between talking about growing, and having practical experience DOING IT. Nothing worse than a person with over 1k posts, and has never grown a single plant. All of his "knowlege" from someone else's grow. What a farse. :reading420magazine:

Yea currently My girls sleep in the room with me hehe (the way it should be right:))

You tell me, lol. I always thought of them as my kids. Right up until I slaughtered them, anyway;). So it could be considered kind of Michael Jacksonish.

Yeah I cant wait 2 get my light! Yea currently My girls sleep in the room with me hehe (the way it should be right:)) No grow room at da moment. But I have a 4x4 tent I need to put up wen I get time. I made the DWC system from a regular $3 sterlite tote. Weird how everything has gone just perfect without any environment control, a clear res, cfl for veg, not in the most sterile environment at the moment, and I may have vegged too long for my setup because now they are growing into each other(two in one tote). And the res only fits 2-3 gallons and both the girls feed on that. But they look as healthy and sexy as any other so I guess I dont have too much to worry about. Until the tent gets setup at least

Grats man on getting the DWC dialed in! I have my ladies in different buckets and they are really fighting with each other for space. Give them enough lights and nutrients and man they take off. Let us know when you get your journal up and running. I would love to see it! :rollit:

I can tell you from experience that this IS the BEST Cannabis forum on the Web. The people here are really helpful and all about the MJ experience. I've been on other forums in the past(no names mentioned, not my style) and most of them were too busy talking about growing instead of actually doing it. Damn virtual growers think they know it all. The mods don't do there job, there are a ton of reasons why I ONLY enjoy this site. 619ster :welcome:

There is a difference between talking about growing, and having practical experience DOING IT. Nothing worse than a person with over 1k posts, and has never grown a single plant. All of his "knowlege" from someone else's grow. What a farse. :reading420magazine:

Right on brother! There is no substitute for actual experience. :grinjoint:

You tell me, lol. I always thought of them as my kids. Right up until I slaughtered them, anyway;). So it could be considered kind of Michael Jacksonish.

ROFL. It is like raising livestock (I grew up on a small farm). You get attached to them, give them names, and then you eat them! But I swear it was the best steaks I ever ate! My apologizes to any vegans out there :)

Hey trichtone, your setup is awesome and the plants are looking great!

I'm really intrigued about your hydro setup, do you happen to have a link to a DIY?

I am still learning the forum rules, but I don't believe that I can post a link to a different forum. I think I can tell you this. The guy that created this DIY setup goes by the name of Rumpleforeskin. If you do a search on Rumpleforeskin and DIY bubble buckets, a link to his post should appear. A nickname for them are rumple buckets. Some of you might have heard of him as he fairly well known.

A couple of pieces of advice. Don't under drill the size of the holes for the main water lines. I thought I was being smart and it would reduce the chance for leaks. Absolutely the opposite happened. The buckets will crack and leaks will appear. Next, buy good buckets. The Home Depot are really cheap and they apparently crack easily. TS had a good suggestion of getting used paint buckets. And last, add a submersible pump and air stones to the res bucket. Have the submersible pump run a line to each plant bucket and then you have a circulation system. An 80 gph pump works just fine. Takes about 13 mins to circulate all of the water in setup.

I will apologize in advance to the mods if I broke any rules. If I did I will pinky swear not to do it again :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom