Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

Fingers crossed! :grinjoint:

For flower, I was thinking about keeping the lights to around 14" above the tops? Is that a good height?

not too sure since this is my 1st time using the 300's. i am still playing around with it myself, but as of now my lights are around 14" everything seem fine. my last grow the lights were around 20" but thats with a 600w.

Sneaking in a quick update while everyone is asleep. Day 4 of flower.

Well, I think the XJ-13's are starting to flower. I am seeing little hairs starting to poke out of the bud sites. I have taken a picture of one of the bud sites. I hope this is not a false alarm or I am misreading something, but it does look like little white hairs. If it is flowering, then I am totally stoked. :grinjoint:

Now to the bad news. Another bucket has developed a leak. This is really going to be problematic. The roots of the plants are really entwined with the air hoses for the air stones. Not sure if I can remove a bucket for repair. Man this has me bugging.

Now to the pics:

Xj-13 #1 Day 4 of flower - I think I see some hairs!
XJ-1-d4f.jpg

:hookah:

not too sure since this is my 1st time using the 300's. i am still playing around with it myself, but as of now my lights are around 14" everything seem fine. my last grow the lights were around 20" but thats with a 600w.

Kew and thanks. I think I will keep them at 14". Seems to be a good distance. I am having to move the XJ-13's light every day. They are growing about an 1" - 2" a day. :blunt:

Plants look very nice, trichtone. Sorry to hear about your buckets. Hopefully they make it through the grow and you can come up with a better design.

Quick update. Day 6 of flower.

Sorry no pics tonight. Family has finally left and I am wiped. Good news is the that the cabinets were stealthy and no one was the wiser. I also think that I jumped the gun on the flower prediction. I must have been seriously high because my bro and I thought we saw hairs. What I think we saw was the start of a brand new leaf. Rookie mistake I guess :)

Now for the bad news. The leak has gotten worse. I am able to maintain the leak with a couple of towels, but if it gets worse I am screwed. It will be really hard to pull a plant out of its plant bucket without damaging it. Oh well we will see. :wood:

:peace:

Plants look very nice, trichtone. Sorry to hear about your buckets. Hopefully they make it through the grow and you can come up with a better design.

Thanks Munki. After this grow I will definitely redesign the buckets. I will most likely go with bulkhead fittings or get different buckets. The Home Depot buckets are really flimsy and crack easily at the drill site.

Quick update. Day 6 of flower.

Sorry no pics tonight. Family has finally left and I am wiped. Good news is the that the cabinets were stealthy and no one was the wiser. I also think that I jumped the gun on the flower prediction. I must have been seriously high because my bro and I thought we saw hairs. What I think we saw was the start of a brand new leaf. Rookie mistake I guess :)

Now for the bad news. The leak has gotten worse. I am able to maintain the leak with a couple of towels, but if it gets worse I am screwed. It will be really hard to pull a plant out of its plant bucket without damaging it. Oh well we will see. :wood:

you cant swap out buckets?

I might be able to, but the roots have grown around the air hoses to the air stones. If I can unconnect the air stones from the air hoses and thread the hose out then I will be able to swap out the buckets. Fingers crossed that I can. :grinjoint:

if you have to just cut the air hose and call it a lost and get a new one. why cant yu make another bucket with all the fittings already hooked up ready to go, then just cut the res hose and hook it up the the new one? its hard to say because i would have to see pics of the setup to really understand

if you have to just cut the air hose and call it a lost and get a new one. why cant yu make another bucket with all the fittings already hooked up ready to go, then just cut the res hose and hook it up the the new one? its hard to say because i would have to see pics of the setup to really understand

Hehe...that is a great suggestion! I think that would actually work great. That is just plain good common sense. :grinjoint:

Hehe...that is a great suggestion! I think that would actually work great. That is just plain good common sense. :grinjoint:

lol. ya that should work but it will cost you more money up front for a whole new bucket setup. but its worth it to stop water damage or mold. but from what i can see in the pics is you could shut off the valves and just swap out the bad buckets, personally i would just just the air stone hose and call it a lost their only a few bucks and not worth messing with ur roots and maybe hurting things. just sit their lite one up and look at things and think about what would be best.

good luck brother, and ur plants are looking sexy as hell. for your 1st grow its rocking out you have lots of potential. this is an good example of doing ur homework before growing. :bravo::bravo: :nicethread:

lol. ya that should work but it will cost you more money up front for a whole new bucket setup. but its worth it to stop water damage or mold. but from what i can see in the pics is you could shut off the valves and just swap out the bad buckets, personally i would just just the air stone hose and call it a lost their only a few bucks and not worth messing with ur roots and maybe hurting things. just sit their lite one up and look at things and think about what would be best.

good luck brother, and ur plants are looking sexy as hell. for your 1st grow its rocking out you have lots of potential. this is an good example of doing ur homework before growing. :bravo::bravo: :nicethread:

Thanks man! I got a lot of knowledge from reading your journals. They have been a godsend for sure!

For my first set of leaks the valves were essential. I can do one bucket at a time without interrupting the rest of the grow. Yeah the airstones are cheap (way cheaper than ruining a plant for sure). Right now the I am able to control the leak with towels and that should hold me off until the weekend. Then I can spend whatever time i need to get the buckets fixed. Hehe, nothing better to learn than to have to fix problems....so all is good! :grinjoint:

Update time. Day 7 of flower.

Ok...the bucket leaks are a pain in the ass. I will be rebuilding a few of them this weekend. Recommendation....don't use the Home Depot buckets. They crack really easily. Not sure where to find better grade buckets, but the search is on.

The ladies are growing fast. The XJ-13's are stretching like crazy. Now about 2" a day. Moving the lights everyday for sure. The PK's are just getting bushier. Wait till you see the a pic of the fan leaves. They are huge!

Now to the pics.

All Plants Day 7 Flower - the height difference is really obvious
all-d7f-1.jpg

All Plants Day 7 Flower Canopy - It is a jungle in there. I can really see that I need to flower sooner and I think a ScrOG would work well in my cab. I think I will setup for one next grow.
all-d7f-2.jpg

Purple Kushes Day 7 Flower - Short and bushy!
pk-d7f.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Fan Leaf Day 7 Flower - These leaves are monsters. I had to cut a few to get light to some bud sites trying to push through.
pk-1-d7f-fan-leaf.jpg

XJ-13's Day 7 Flower - The stretch is on!
xj-d7f.jpg

I must have been seriously high because my bro and I thought we saw hairs. What I think we saw was the start of a brand new leaf.

I've done the same thing, but I knew I was wrong because I hadn't switched to 12/12 yet.

Good luck with the bucket situation.

I've done the same thing, but I knew I was wrong because I hadn't switched to 12/12 yet.

Many - if not most - strains will show sex in the vegetative phase if they're not flowered early.

I think that there's a sticky around here that discusses it.

EDIT: Do a search with the term "preflowers" in the two newbie forums in The Grow Room.

Update time. Day 7 of flower.

Ok...the bucket leaks are a pain in the ass. I will be rebuilding a few of them this weekend. Recommendation....don't use the Home Depot buckets. They crack really easily. Not sure where to find better grade buckets, but the search is on.

The ladies are growing fast. The XJ-13's are stretching like crazy. Now about 2" a day. Moving the lights everyday for sure. The PK's are just getting bushier. Wait till you see the a pic of the fan leaves. They are huge!

Now to the pics.

All Plants Day 7 Flower - the height difference is really obvious
all-d7f-1.jpg

All Plants Day 7 Flower Canopy - It is a jungle in there. I can really see that I need to flower sooner and I think a ScrOG would work well in my cab. I think I will setup for one next grow.
all-d7f-2.jpg

Purple Kushes Day 7 Flower - Short and bushy!
pk-d7f.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Fan Leaf Day 7 Flower - These leaves are monsters. I had to cut a few to get light to some bud sites trying to push through.
pk-1-d7f-fan-leaf.jpg

XJ-13's Day 7 Flower - The stretch is on!
xj-d7f.jpg

hell ya bro you have a little mini jungle like mine. :) i love seeing grows looking like that. go big or go home homie!:)
:nicethread::bravo:

Good luck with the bucket situation.

Thanks GG! I am sure we are in the majority :smokin:

Many - if not most - strains will show sex in the vegetative phase if they're not flowered early.

I think that there's a sticky around here that discusses it.

EDIT: Do a search with the term "preflowers" in the two newbie forums in The Grow Room.

Thanks TS! The guide on female preflowers and flowers was really helpful. I believe on the XJ's i am starting to see some preflowers. Just waiting for them pistils to start popping out. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom