TropicGrow - Who am I?

TropicGrow

High everyone,

Hows everyone doing? Im tropicgrow a fairly new grower, new forum poster, and professional pothead, hehe. I have been a frequent visitor to 420magazine and have taken advice from many of you experienced contributors. I have finally decided that I can no longer be a bystander anymore.

As mentioned I am pretty new to growing. Although I don't consider myself terrible at this point, Ive had some successful grows this year but room for improvement, but its taken me a couple of years to get to where I am today mainly because of the bombardment of information available online. As a new grower I had found it hard to stick to one style mainly because I would be impatient and really quite unsure of who's advice to listen to. If only I had realized there is more than one way to achieve a desired result. There is usually more than one road to reach a destination.

One example id like to give is how Ive wasted a lot of time following instructions on how to clone in coco, perlite, rock wool, peat, all the above. I started out with only 10 OG seeds from california that i brought to my current country of residence because I needed good genetics. Nearly all my focus went into cloning a small mother plant so I can sustain the rest of my grows. Months of failing at cloning was frustrating me. Finally i just cut off 10 cuttings, stuck them into a pot of compost that some tomatoes were growing in and before I knew it they had rooted.. All of the strategies i read never applied and I realized that 9 out of 10 times I didn't have to do anything special for rooting clones. Just stuck them in, made sure not to agitate them nor water too much and now I have no problem with cloning.

In the end the most important thing I've learned is that there is no cookie cutter, step-by-step instruction to growing . What works for someone in california won't work for someone in the deserts of nevada, or in the dense tropical jungles of southeast asia. Perhaps thats the first piece of advice I can give to any other grower is that you really have to have an understanding of your own grow area and space and requirements, and a slight understanding of how these plants live from start to finish. It really doesn't have to be as complicated as what you read at times. Take this at your own pace, try to keep a self journal even so when something goes wrong you can always look back. And patience is a virtue in this hobby.

That being said I plan to be an active member of the community, contributing when I can and growing my talents along with you for all to see. Im not sure if its okay to post a link to my first journal here but Im excited about it and would like to bring some awareness to it. TropicGrow's OG - LED - Coco Journal - 2016 If I'm breaking any rules then kindly just remove this link, no harm intended.

Cheers boys and girls and feels great to be part of the club

High everyone,

Hows everyone doing? Im tropicgrow a fairly new grower, new forum poster, and professional pothead, hehe. I have been a frequent visitor to 420magazine and have taken advice from many of you experienced contributors. I have finally decided that I can no longer be a bystander anymore.

As mentioned I am pretty new to growing. Although I don't consider myself terrible at this point, Ive had some successful grows this year but room for improvement, but its taken me a couple of years to get to where I am today mainly because of the bombardment of information available online. As a new grower I had found it hard to stick to one style mainly because I would be impatient and really quite unsure of who's advice to listen to. If only I had realized there is more than one way to achieve a desired result. There is usually more than one road to reach a destination.

One example id like to give is how Ive wasted a lot of time following instructions on how to clone in coco, perlite, rock wool, peat, all the above. I started out with only 10 OG seeds from california that i brought to my current country of residence because I needed good genetics. Nearly all my focus went into cloning a small mother plant so I can sustain the rest of my grows. Months of failing at cloning was frustrating me. Finally i just cut off 10 cuttings, stuck them into a pot of compost that some tomatoes were growing in and before I knew it they had rooted.. All of the strategies i read never applied and I realized that 9 out of 10 times I didn't have to do anything special for rooting clones. Just stuck them in, made sure not to agitate them nor water too much and now I have no problem with cloning.

In the end the most important thing I've learned is that there is no cookie cutter, step-by-step instruction to growing . What works for someone in california won't work for someone in the deserts of nevada, or in the dense tropical jungles of southeast asia. Perhaps thats the first piece of advice I can give to any other grower is that you really have to have an understanding of your own grow area and space and requirements, and a slight understanding of how these plants live from start to finish. It really doesn't have to be as complicated as what you read at times. Take this at your own pace, try to keep a self journal even so when something goes wrong you can always look back. And patience is a virtue in this hobby.

That being said I plan to be an active member of the community, contributing when I can and growing my talents along with you for all to see. Im not sure if its okay to post a link to my first journal here but Im excited about it and would like to bring some awareness to it. TropicGrow's OG - LED - Coco Journal - 2016 If I'm breaking any rules then kindly just remove this link, no harm intended.

Cheers boys and girls and feels great to be part of the club
So welcome from me too :)
professional pot head :rofl:

Come by my journal ( see my signature Angry Birds 1st.. ) if you need help :)

Back
Top Bottom