True North Seed Bank Online Order

I don't know I think im with chris here

That was the member's first post, but it's not his only post; he's active, and is actually running a grow journal thread (the link is in his .SIG). So, no, probably not a company shill, lol. A company that put that much effort into fooling folks would find it much simpler to just provide good service ;) .

I've had no problems with my orders in Canada from them. I have used them 4 or 5 times now without issue. Really liked the blueberry photo freebee. I've done 2x amnesia auto freebees and they are a small plant but a really heavy hitter.
Hey @Zogs ... thanks for your feedback. I chose the Cheese Auto freebies the past two times and I am looking forward to trying the Amnesia Auto freebies next time.

Personally, I prefer multiple-seed packs - most strains seem to have multiple phenotypes, and I want a better chance of getting the one(s) that I like best.

When growing only one seed of a strain, how can I be sure of that?
Hey @TorturedSoul ... excellent point! ... And as each private seed bank continues to cross strains and gain market share with catchy names and catchy colors ... phenotypes are going to play a larger role in the selection process.

Personally though, I really like the concept of the "resellers" like TNSB; that is, I believe "resellers"are in the perfect position right now to be the world leaders in seed dispensaries.

The resellers, in a few years, are going to be the portals to global seed selection and most likely clone selection. For me, that means I am going to be able to go to their web site and order my favorite strains from Crop King Seeds, Royal Queen Seeds, Sweet Seeds ... get multiple discounts ... weekly promotions ... get newsletters on new strains ... and so much more.

The business model is solid ... resellers are the future.

Hey @Zogs ... thanks for your feedback. I chose the Cheese Auto freebies the past two times and I am looking forward to trying the Amnesia Auto freebies next time.
How did the cheese grows go ? The Amnesia went over really well with my friends, but it was way to potent for the wife. The cheese will definitely be my next freebee pick. Might be awhile before I get to order again. I have about 10 different auto strains and I've just started reversing some plants with Colloidal Silver to breed my own auto's. Just need to get ahold of some mephisto genetics still to round out my collection.

Hey @safeman ... I just got my second order from them ... I ordered on Tue June 4 and received the package on Fri June 7.

For me that's peace of mind ... I spend quite a bit of money on few seeds ... get some free ones ... they show up ... there are about 50 different seed banks you can select from there ... I like the rotating promotions ... they are based in Canada ... I live in Canada so no borders to cross ... and all that works for me right now.

When you get a chance, will you please give some examples of how TNSB is more pricey compared to other seed banks ... and/or some good experiences you have had with other seedbanks ... since I would like to try other ones in the future.

There was a similar conversation on a different thread, and it made me curious to do a comparison of prices. My sense had been that TNSB had great selection, but was expensive. So I picked out five items to see how they compared. Disclosure - I haven't ordered from TNSB, as I always get sticker shock when I take a look at their site. So I can't comment on service or speed. I have ordered from Seedsman a couple of times, and been happy with them.

There was a similar conversation on a different thread, and it made me curious to do a comparison of prices. My sense had been that TNSB had great selection, but was expensive. So I picked out five items to see how they compared. Disclosure - I haven't ordered from TNSB, as I always get sticker shock when I take a look at their site. So I can't comment on service or speed. I have ordered from Seedsman a couple of times, and been happy with them.

price comp.jpg
I think you are comparing Canadian $ on TNSB to American or Euro prices on seedsman.

I think you are comparing Canadian $ on TNSB to American or Euro prices on seedsman.

No, both sites allow you to select a currency. What I listed above is Cdn dollars on each site.

price comp.jpg

CultivarBreederPack SizeTNSBSeedsman%diff
Blue Dream AutoFast Buds5US74.95US$45.06
Gorilla ZKittles FemBarneys5US74.44US51.82
Dark Devil AutoSweet Seeds5US$54.86US$46.75

Hey @The Bard ... Thank-you very much for your research and I was able to verify your findings.

I registered with Seedsman and went through their shopping and checkout process. Seedsman has many of the same Breeder promos, discount codes and delivery fees. I liked the fact that I could get 6 free seeds with a $US66.00 order. On my next order, I will definitely be comparing TNSB and Seedsman prices.

For me, since I live in Canada and if I order from Seedsman, I may need to add $US16.00 for guaranteed delivery because the seeds are coming across the border.

Do you guys have any resellers in the US yet?

I would also like to hear from other Canadians who have ordered from Seedsman or even other favorable resellers.

Thanks again for your feedback ... I will look up the other thread you mentioned, ... and continue my search for the top reliable resellers in Canada and abroad.

CultivarBreederPack SizeTNSBSeedsman%diff
Blue Dream AutoFast Buds5US74.95US$45.06
Gorilla ZKittles FemBarneys5US74.44US51.82
Dark Devil AutoSweet Seeds5US$54.86US$46.75

Hey @The Bard ... Thank-you very much for your research and In was able to verify your findings.

I registered with Seedsman and went through their shopping and checkout process. Seedsman has many of the same Breeder promos, discount codes and delivery fees. I liked the fact that I could get 6 free seeds with a $US66.00 order. On my next order, I will definitely be comparing TNSB and Seedsman prices.

For me, since I live in Canada and if I order from Seedsman, I may need to add $US16.00 for guaranteed delivery because the seeds are coming across the border.

Do you guys have any resellers in the US yet?

I would also like to hear from other Canadians who have ordered from Seedsman or even other favorable resellers.

Thanks again for your feedback ... I will look up the other thread you mentioned, ... and continue my search for the top reliable resellers in Canada and abroad.

Thanks for double-checking my math etc. Yes, I think the deals and discounts are pretty similar between the two, but the prices seem quite far apart. Shipping time probably takes longer from Seedsman, given the distance, but I am not usually in a big rush, so that isn't enough to make up the difference. Don't get me wrong, I would love to support a sponsor of this site, but not for 30-40% more on the price.

I think that @Kingjoe83 and @dr.h00k have both ordered from Seedsman as well, so perhaps they can add their experiences here.

Good day!

Well all I can tell you is I've grown a candida outdoor. It was as beautifully laid out plant with little to no training needed . really needed only light bends or super cropping of branches and oh my she was sexy.

Never made it though too long flower time for my climate that one would benefit me for I door growing controlled enviro.

This is my first time ordering from seedsman I usually get gifted tons of seeds . But my stash was limited . I already out order in here is what the damage is but it about 100$ cdn . 60 euros that is.

Grown inside this .
Bought six seeds six free . Cheese and Bruce banger .
Grown in these .my kings recipe. Lol

Also I can tell you that seedsman as lieod my comment telling them on a tag here on 420 please do best to get out and process card look for my name minds thing . Sun Sun sun all week here ahead no rain really expected and temps 20celcius most day highs so getting there . I hope the like comment from seedsman tells me they will se what's they can do :420::passitleft::lot-o-toke:

I ordered from seedsman at the end of april. I ordered 3 Gelato autoflower, and 3 zkittles autoflower. Got 3 Northern Lights autoflower seeds as my freebies and because it was their 420 sale I also got my Gelato's and Zkittle's doubled. I paid using my Visa debit (after a call from my bank wondering if it was a fraudulent transaction) and my seeds arrived about 3 weeks later.
About 3 days after I placed my order they emailed me to let me know they'd accidentally overcharged me so they gave me 10 more free Zkittles auto seeds. Well 10 free ones arrived then the next day 10 more.... I contacted them to ask if I should return the second 10 pk and they said just keep them.

I ordered from seedsman at the end of april. I ordered 3 Gelato autoflower, and 3 zkittles autoflower. Got 3 Northern Lights autoflower seeds as my freebies and because it was their 420 sale I also got my Gelato's and Zkittle's doubled. I paid using my Visa debit (after a call from my bank wondering if it was a fraudulent transaction) and my seeds arrived about 3 weeks later.
About 3 days after I placed my order they emailed me to let me know they'd accidentally overcharged me so they gave me 10 more free Zkittles auto seeds. Well 10 free ones arrived then the next day 10 more.... I contacted them to ask if I should return the second 10 pk and they said just keep them.
Hey @Knifemaker420 ... nice to hear from you again ... and I have enjoyed following your grow journal.

I am planning on ordering Fast Buds Blue Dream Auto from Seedsman because they are cheaper and they have their "5 for 5" 10th anniversary promo. I like to use prepaid Visas when ordering online ... but 3 weeks delivery, that's good to know because it only took two or three days from TNSB. As for the freebies ... that's just great service!

Thanks again ... I feel more confident with Seedsman now.

Hey @Knifemaker420 ... nice to hear from you again ... and I have enjoyed following your grow journal.

I am planning on ordering Fast Buds Blue Dream Auto from Seedsman because they are cheaper and they have their "5 for 5" 10th anniversary promo. I like to use prepaid Visas when ordering online ... but 3 weeks delivery, that's good to know because it only took two or three days from TNSB. As for the freebies ... that's just great service!

Thanks again ... I feel more confident with Seedsman now.

I just ordered the Blue Dreamatic seeds as well, along with a bunch of other things! Makes sense that TNSB would be much quicker, given they are nearby. FYI, @DrSeeds is also Canada based, and has reasonable prices, good selection, and fast delivery. I like them as well. Just for future reference.

I couldn't find where to select currency on the seedsman site. So I assumed that's why there was such a big discrepancy. But that's a great find , I'm glad you pointed it out. :thumb:

Top right corner, next to language option....

No, both sites allow you to select a currency. What I listed above is Cdn dollars on each site.

Might it be cheaper @ TNSB, then, because you're paying with currency that they can spend anywhere (vs. having to go get changed into pound sterling)?

Might it be cheaper @ TNSB, then, because you're paying with currency that they can spend anywhere (vs. having to go get changed into pound sterling)?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. The prices I listed in my original post are all C$, and all are what appear on the websites. So there is no currency exposure risk. Can you elaborate?

Back
Top Bottom