Tugafox 1st Indoor Grow - Soiless Mix- Money Maker - Grow Journal 2014

No problem. Here it's help & be helped. Anything that I have seen to perform in my grow I'll share & will always seek the same help from any other member for myself.

This morning, after the light cycle, I had a minor problem. My tent has 2 side windows and I always open one cause it´s where I acess the power strip. For my surprise, while trying to close the window, the (supposedly) heavy duty zip got stuck and wouldn´t move. I say for my surprise cause the tent is only a couple months old and I´ve been gentle closing all zips.
I had to think of something fast to solve the problem and close the tent for the dark cycle. :hmmmm:

I stopped and sat down. A few WTF minutes later, an old memory came to my mind. :idea:
I remembered when I was young and my jean´s zips would start blocking after many washes. Then, my mother used to rub a bit of Paraffin wax in the zip and it worked like a charm.
I don´t have any Paraffin at home but hey! I have vaseline, olive oil, cooking oil and almond oil. I embebed a bit of fabric in almond oil and carefully rubbed all zips. It worked! :yahoo:
So, ladies & gents. If you´re growing in tents and the zips start acting out on you, remember my tip and lubrificate them :cheesygrinsmiley:
This can also be applied as a preventive/maintenance measure cause with usage zips will eventually fail.

Hey Tugafox, ladies looking nice and frosty. And that defoliation looks wild. I couldn't do that I my girls yet, especially my First Ladies

Hi Tamir, thanks for stopping by.
Frosty they are! Their aroma is awesome too.
Yeap, the pics above were after my first def., if you think that´s wild wait until you see what I´ve done in day 45 :cheesygrinsmiley:
I´m trying out the 21/45 days defoliation technique. They healed fast after the 1st def. I start def. early in veg but only a couple lower leafs so they get used to it and it helps me burry the steem deeper when I transplant to their final pots.
I understand you...it´s your first run and you want to get a hand at it before trying out unknown territories.
As I said in your journal, the airflow and light to lower buds improved a lot & it was a good bet considering my growing conditions.

:allgood:
Best of lucks for you too!

:circle-of-love:

Hi Antics, thanks for stopping by :welcome:
I topped them once in hopes I could open and tied them to 2 bambo sticks so they would get better light and more bud sites. It worked well for the smallest plant, aka MMC. It would have been even better if I had topped them a few more times but I only gave them 4 weeks veg. so, all in all, I´m quite happy with how this grow is turning out for me.
I´m waiting for their light cycle time tonight to take more pics and post a new update cause they´re now even more frosty than in the last pics.
I will be extra careful with drying/curing! Thanks for reminding me that. In fact, I´m researching more about the prob. benefits of triming before or after drying.

:Namaste:

Hello everyone,
This week´s Money Maker update:

We´re now in day 48 since the flip. In 17th May, I started 11 hours of light and 13 dark.
Last feeding with bloom nutes was in 10th May. This week, I will give the Ladies their last feed (1/2 strengh of Biobizz Bloom + Topmax) and after that only Ph´d water.
The girls had Ph´d water since day 1 and for all feedings I used Distilled water - didn´t want to risk any Ph problems in this grow.

1- Temps lowered, it rained 2 days in a row and RH increased. Today it´s 19ºC outside and the forecast for this week says temps will lower even more. With lights on, average temps inside the tent have been 25.5ºC max. RH has been around 50%. I don´t have a dehumidifier but I removed the container with water I had inside the tent when temps outside suddenly went up.

2 - No more gnats. The proven homemade remedy (with Hydrogen Peroxide + dishwash soap + wate) BAR suggested worked as a charm! Once again, TY BAR. I sprayed the top layer of the soil 1 X a day during 3 days.

3 -The Ladies healed well from the Defoliation in day 21. (I leave a little bit of the stem, when healed it dries and falls off or I remove it). This weekend, I did the 45 days Defoliation. The pics below were after that:

Temps inside the tent after nearly 1 hour of lights on:

IMG_21408.JPG

MMA:

IMG_206616.JPG

IMG_206814.JPG

IMG_207913.JPG

MMB:

IMG_203710.JPG

IMG_203211.JPG

Results of training MMB to open her:

IMG_204713.JPG

MMC - the smallest of the group and still tied to bamboo sticks:

IMG_212611.JPG

IMG_188010.JPG

All pics I uploaded today:

IMG_208514.JPG
IMG_212611.JPG
IMG_207913.JPG
IMG_206814.JPG
IMG_206616.JPG
IMG_204713.JPG
IMG_203710.JPG
IMG_203211.JPG
IMG_203112.JPG
IMG_193819.JPG
IMG_191314.JPG
IMG_189014.JPG
IMG_188010.JPG
IMG_184515.JPG

In MMA & MMB, many hairs have already turned colour and MMC is the one that still has many white hairs.
This is what I´ve been able to do, so far, with 265 Watts (off the wall) of light. I can only imagine what I could do with more lights, something already on the making to be improved in my next tent grow.

2 - No more gnats. The proven homemade remedy (with Hydrogen Peroxide + dishwash soap + wate) BAR suggested worked as a charm! Once again, TY BAR. I sprayed the top layer of the soil 1 X a day during 3 days.
No problem Fox, anytime...

Shake shake shake your money maker
Like you were shaking it for some paper
Took your mama 9 months to make you
Might as well shake what you mama gave you

This is what I thought looking at those tasty lookin buds

Once I mentioned in this journal the Autos I´m running, and I´m not making another journal just for them, I decided to continue posting updates about the Quick One from Royal Queen Seeds along with Money Maker updates. Once I´m making a few experiments with this plant, I thought it might be fun for me to keep records and see how it will turn out.
With that being said, i´ll proceed to this week´s update on the Quick One:

1- Her last feed was in 29th April. She showed some leaf tip burn with 1/2 strengh Biobizz bloom nutes so I backed off. Will be feeding her this week 1/4 strengh. This girl also had Ph´d water since day 1 and destilled water in the few feedings I gave her.

2 - She became too big for the windowsill spot so I decided to put her in the tent. She started 11 on/13 off light cycle in 20th May.
Before, she had Sun all day plus some more hours of light in the tent. I was giving her 2 periods of rest of about 4 hours each between light cycles.

3 - The Seedbank info says she could grow to 50-60 cm but mine already has 70 cm (measured in 19th May). It turned out a bit branchy with a main cola but also a few smaller bud sites in lower branches. She started showing pistols in May 1st but I only saw trichs production a few days ago.
She will make 8 weeks since hit dirt in May 27th.

Some pics of her after the change to the tent:

Top view of main cola:
IMG_21427.JPG

The top part of the plant seen from some distance:
IMG_21507.JPG

Middle part:
IMG_21516.JPG

She also looks good in Pink :)
IMG_21536.JPG

She still "prays for the light" as before.
With this plant, I tried my best for "no-stress at all". I do let the pot dry well before watering (5 days) so this might be the only stress factor she had so far. Her lower first leafs are turning yellow and drying, I believe this is natural since she´s been in flowering for 3 weeks now.

Shake shake shake your money maker
Like you were shaking it for some paper
Took your mama 9 months to make you
Might as well shake what you mama gave you

This is what I thought looking at those tasty lookin buds
:rofl:

Hello CH! That was a very funny & cool poetry, still laughing here :thanks: :cheer:

They are tasty, I know now...
After reading Tryshard coments in your journal (and being without meds for a couple weeks now) in day 45 I also removed the 2 lower branches of MMC and left them to dry until yesterday night :)
The smoke has a dominant garlic taste that makes the tong feel like it´s been anesthetized. The stone is clearly Indica - doesn´t hit hard but slowly gets you. I slept like a baby last night, in fact, I had not slept so much in a few months.
The finish product will surely be even more potent as resin production is still going on. The colder temps we´re having now will help that too, I believe.
You garden is looking awesome! Saw your last update :goodjob: sir

Happy growing! :green_heart:

:thumb:

Plants are looking healthy Fox. :goodjob:

Hi Green Closet, good high night!
Thanks, I´m trying my best to get to harvest time - even not sleeping very well cause I need to buy more timers :)
I was in your journal the other day, read a bit but didn´t comment cause had nothing much to add but I do intend to follow it.
I guess I´m not the kind of person to just pop up to say hi, but hey I´m improving a lot in my socializing already :grinjoint:
You came to my rescue with the R.Medic at BAR´s journal!
:thanks:

Good high night BAR!
Good to see ya here :cheer:
I was absorbed in another journal..again. This time, I was learning stumped gravity hash making technique.
It´s been a bit hard to manage this multistrain grow I got myself into, lol, but I´m sure learning how to do it even better next time around.
Rest good night to both, i´m off to sleep a few hours before lights out. In the morning I have to feed, water and make 2 transplants so i´d better go force myself to sleep :)

Hi Antics :thanks:
I was at your journal reading what you wrote about Quick One smoke. Piney/earthy/eucalypt. Mine has a bit of a piney smell already will keep your words in mind to compare.
You bet I will! :)
To me, with the exception of main stems, everything in our ladies is usable :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom