Turmeric for pests?

Hebrewdiver

Has anyone ever tried turmeric for pest control? I have an auto that into early flower and I’ve noticed what some believe to be a bug investigation I thought the same. So I mixed up some Neem oil and doused it pretty good. But after some reading it was advised not to use the Neem oil during flower, too late. Do you think running a hair dryer under the leaves will help also? I’ll also try adding a little more silica to the mix…this is an outdoor grow soil in fabric pots.

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg

Hey H, I have tried a garlic/onion mix for mites which worked impressively for me. I understand that garlic/onion is not an uncommon backyard garden pest remedy.

half teaspoon of crushed garlic
half an onion
1 litre water

Blend it all up.
Filter it through a coffee filter or something so the sprayer doesn't clog.
Add a few drops of dish soap as a surfactant.
Spray away.

I felt for me, the above worked better than Neem oil, but I have only used it the once. On my last grow I never sprayed at all, as the bugs never showed up, for which I was thankful but puzzled about.

Hey H, I have tried a garlic/onion mix for mites which worked impressively for me. I understand that garlic/onion is not an uncommon backyard garden pest remedy.

half teaspoon of crushed garlic
half an onion
1 litre water

Blend it all up.
Filter it through a coffee filter or something so the sprayer doesn't clog.
Add a few drops of dish soap as a surfactant.
Spray away.

I felt for me, the above worked better than Neem oil, but I have only used it the once. On my last grow I never sprayed at all, as the bugs never showed up, for which I was thankful but puzzled about.
Can this be used during flower?

Can this be used during flower?
It is usually in the flowering stage that pests show up, and it was during flowering that I tried it. And like I said I used it in response to mites, not sure what you are dealing with. I would try to avoid spraying in the final couple of weeks prior to harvest just to let it 'wear off', but you can spray them with water after a few hours too, when by then it should have done it's job.

It looks like you are in the very early stage of flowering, so I wouldn't worry about not using neem.

BUT... I wouldn't spray anything unless you can actually see bugs or bug eggs.

My default bug spray is: 1 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, in 1/2 gal pure water in the pump sprayer. Shake very well. Spray the whole plant, top and underside of leaves.

Can you show us a photo of the whole plant?

Right idea wrong herbs

Rosemary oil and clove oil are key ingredients in a popular line of ipm products that rhymes with SNS

ditto on Dr Bronners (shaken not stirred) added to water for foliar sprays

there is an old garden concept called push pull. You take plant species that drive critters away and place them closest to your cannabis. Then you take other plant species that are known to attract any kind of bugs and plant them away from your patch. Hopefully the pests are pushed away from your crop and pulled out to the other plants that don’t matter…

Back
Top Bottom