Bugs! Help ASAP

drdanks

i have just seen little tanish white creepy crawlers on my babies. i have 100% neem oil. should this knock out the pest problem?
please help. i caught it early so i hope i can control it a rid myself of them?

Re: F'n bugz! Help ASAP

I usually mix Neem Oil with SM-90 and have had great results combating thrips. I also used blue sticky pads and spread them out over the entire grow area as well. It's a good idea to spray your plants right before the lights go off. You have to be careful of hot spots if you choose to spray them when lights are on. If you do spray when the lights are on I would recommend turning off all your lights except maybe 1 or 2 depending on how big your area is. I've done that in the past too. Once you think you won the battle. Spray for another week to make sure. Just because you don't see any doesnt mean you actually killed all the larve.

Be sure and place your container of neem oil in warm water for a few minutes to loosen up the oil. You should also dilute the oil with warm water as well in the spray bottle.

Good Luck.

i have just seen little tanish white creepy crawlers on my babies. i have 100% neem oil. should this knock out the pest problem?
please help. i caught it early so i hope i can control it a rid myself of them?

Best to identify for sure what kind of nasty is on your plants as they have different life cycles and best methods to deal with them.

Use the search function to hunt down specifics to your problem as there is tons of info in these forums.

I like stix's recipe as well. The neem will work to retard maturation & egg laying of existing & future generations- it won't kill the existing bugs though may slow their activity. Depending upon the bug, the neem is also distasteful for them & they tend to flee the area- some just don't seem to care. The sm-90 is mostly varying oil extracts. sm90 will cover & smother the existing bugs, much in the way horticultural oil works. On that note, you can get unsulfanated oil (hort oil- use the "dormant" version as lower viscosity & phytoxicity) & combine in place of the sm-90. Neem retards future generations/sm-90 smothers the ones alive now. Good combo. Best.

I pretty much deal w/ thrips constantly. I've used Neem and Perithium in the past and the stuff works, but I have a small garden and using the sprays for me tends to be much more work than threat dictates (I've only had thrip issues.)

My solution was air flow and lady bugs. A gentle breeze on the girls makes life hell for the lil bastards and the lady bugs just look so damn cool hanging out (plus they eat thrips, mites, and a host of other nasties.)

If it is thrips and it kinda sounds like it is my hydro-shop guy says unless it's a bad infestation don't stress. Just keep em in check

I agree with what was said above, first you should figure out what pest you have, because each of them take different approaches to getting rid of them. It may help to take some photos of any plant damage, as well as of the bugs themselves for help on identifying them.

Look into a product called Spinosad! I used it for Thrips and it works great, its OMRI listed and it works for many different types of pests including spidermites too :) Awesome stuff, the brand I use is made by Bonide and called Captain Jack's Deadbug. One application lasts for 3 weeks so 2 applications should get rid of them completely. I use it now about 1x per month in veg and early flowering for prevention and haven't had a problem.

Another option that seems to work for prevention is adding a small amount of Yucca extract to foliar sprays and your soil feedings.

I use a rosemarry concintrate with a few drops of cinnamon oil and a few drops of clove oil all diluted with water. I spray the tops of the leaves and the undersides and the soil. I have been told to put a few drops of dawn dish soap but I havent done that yet. The cin oil and clove oil are contact insecticides and kill any and all bugs that might get on your plants.

Well its good if you go green with these green plants. Instaed of using chemicals round you plants you can use eco-friendly methods. I an sharing a video might help you by this - [video=youtube;tjEaw1kbpZg]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom