Two deficiencies in one tent with 3 different strains

Hayron1088

Title says it all hahaha. I top dressed two weeks ago with DrE organic dry amendment’s and a tea made from DrE Gold. I’m noticing all plants are having the same two def. In my opinion anyways. Is it phosphorus and nitrogen deficiency? My water schedule has been about every three to four days with aerated water at a PH of 6.8 to 6.9. I have too dressed all plants so far with DrE gold(4-4-4) every four to five weeks with a tea feeding once every four to five weeks also. I noticing that I’ve been battling deficiencies quite a bit with this DrE so I’m thinking of switching it up just to see if I get an improvement also. I forgot to add an important detail, strains are a strain I made myself(cherry pie, white widow and a fire bag seed), Blueberry, and Lemon G. Thanks as always and happy growing!

E0A04773-51F6-40E2-8D4E-0805FE77CE64.jpeg

C2DF8C55-1730-40D0-AA39-CCC4CE4C43A6.jpeg

8169757A-2357-4B57-8B74-2DB06C3919E8.jpeg

Stoner moment, I forgot to add that I will be flushing all these plants with RO water tonight. I keep thinking excessive nutrients just based on my knowledge. Leaves are a bit crunchy to be honest so I’ll flush tonight and keep you posted

You probably want to leave a little bit more info, what medium you're growing in, lights, schedule, and a pic(s) of the whole plant, etc. Off the top of my head tho, why so high pH? Typically the numbers I see most often for a soil grow are 6.3 and for hydro 5.8(ish).

what’s up Hayron1088??

ditto Sueet - that ph is too high for soil, should be coming in at 6.3

ph is a logarithmic scale so being off by (decimal point 1) is a ginormous miss… it’s like shooting a rifle…. if you are off 1 fraction of a frog hair at the barrel then it’s miles off the target down range

the second that water hits the soil your nutes are out of range…. the drift only makes it worse
I’d start by adjusting ph lower and see how they respond

I would lean to a deficiency without knowing about those nutes or more about the plant. Since they are organic and the feed schedule sounds pretty light. More food?

If they are organic is that going to matter? Organic nutes should be feeding the micro biology correct? Pretty sure my RO water goes in at ph 7. Don’t really know cause I never need to check it. Love me some TLO soil. But I’ve never used dr earth so I really don’t know.

I tend to agree with Reave on both points. I'm guessing underfed and when I look up those nutes, they really only mention N P & K. They don't mention anything about the other 3 macros or the micros. So there could be other deficiencies.

What is the medium it's planted in? In soil or buffered soil-less mixes, pH of the nutrient solution means very little. Hydro or coco, different story.

You probably want to leave a little bit more info, what medium you're growing in, lights, schedule, and a pic(s) of the whole plant, etc. Off the top of my head tho, why so high pH? Typically the numbers I see most often for a soil grow are 6.3 and for hydro 5.8(ish).
I figured 6.8 is still sufficient for soil but I could be wrong. I’ll post pics of the entire plant when I get home

Thanks Reave & Far Side you guys are spot on it’s organic and I screwed the pooch

Organic or bottled nutes, pH matters not in buffered soil-less or soil.

I would lean to a deficiency without knowing about those nutes or more about the plant. Since they are organic and the feed schedule sounds pretty light. More food?
I’ve actually put more food then the schedule provided but not much more. It call for an 1/8 cup every four weeks and I’ve given them almost 1/4

what’s up Hayron1088??

ditto Sueet - that ph is too high for soil, should be coming in at 6.3

ph is a logarithmic scale so being off by (decimal point 1) is a ginormous miss… it’s like shooting a rifle…. if you are off 1 fraction of a frog hair at the barrel then it’s miles off the target down range

the second that water hits the soil your nutes are out of range…. the drift only makes it worse
I’d start by adjusting ph lower and see how they respond
Thanks for that info! I’ll be lowering my ph right now down to 6.3. Don’t know what I was thinking with the 6.8 but learning has occurred so thank you again

I tend to agree with Reave on both points. I'm guessing underfed and when I look up those nutes, they really only mention N P & K. They don't mention anything about the other 3 macros or the micros. So there could be other deficiencies.

What is the medium it's planted in? In soil or buffered soil-less mixes, pH of the nutrient solution means very little. Hydro or coco, different story.
The soil is FFOF

How it going @Hayron1088

It looks like you are being well taken care of.

Just wondering;

I find the most common cause of this is the light is to low or the intensity needs to be reduced.

Just a thought.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

edit: What are you using for a soilless medium?
I’m hoping that the “crunch” goes away as I moved the lights up to 24in away at 100%. The lights are two 150w quantum boards and a 100w quantum from a brand that was supposed to be a sponsor here back in August but I guess it never transpired. :straightface:

Sorry that I haven’t been on much for those of you that remember me. Life has been crazy but no worries though because my gardening will never stop! I appreciate all the help as always and thanks for stopping by.

I’m hoping that the “crunch” goes away as I moved the lights up to 24in away at 100%. The lights are two 150w quantum boards and a 100w quantum from a brand that was supposed to be a sponsor here back in August but I guess it never transpired. :straightface:
If you are running QBs in veg you likely do t need them and hundred percent. If you turn down the intensity they won’t need as much food.

Edit: I use a phone app to set my PAR. Also I listed to a podcast that said if you are over 500ppfd you need co2 so I never run my QBs at full.

Back
Top Bottom