Two plants, one pot

FattMatt84

420 Member
I’m thinking of placing two regular GSK seedlings into one 3 gallon smart pot. Is this against the cannabis community code? Lol any thoughts? Should i not? I have a small tent set up (3x3x5) and one KING LED 1000w light. (Low end amazon light) using no nutes and using fox farms ocean Forrest soil.

Can be done but your yield will suck and PM can be a problem with two plants touching that much. Another big problem is 3 gallon is way to small for two plants. That is like minimum for one plant. 3x3 will have no problem for just two plants.

Can be done but your yield will suck and PM can be a problem with two plants touching that much. Another big problem is 3 gallon is way to small for two plants. That is like minimum for one plant. 3x3 will have no problem for just two plants.
Thanks for the input. I won’t be doing that. I got two separate 3 gallon fabric pots and I’m gonna go with that.

Lol yeah I won’t be going down that road. I’m still new at this and just trying to figure out the most streamlined way to do this since I work all the time. Thanks man
You should go with an organic water only soil mix. I had real good luck with Sohum soil. Or you could make your own. Can't get much easier than water only...

Lol yeah I won’t be going down that road. I’m still new at this and just trying to figure out the most streamlined way to do this since I work all the time. Thanks man
And I would use a much larger pot, like 15 gallon... I have done 4 plants in a 3 x 3 tent with 4- 15 gallon pots.

Good thing you’re not doing it, but realistically you’d have ended up with the equivalent of a single two-stemmed plant. The plants would adapt to the root and light constraints, end up producing the equivalent of one plant under the same conditions — in other words, it’s pointless, at best.

Good thing you’re not doing it, but realistically you’d have ended up with the equivalent of a single two-stemmed plant. The plants would adapt to the root and light constraints, end up producing the equivalent of one plant under the same conditions — in other words, it’s pointless, at best.
This and 1 plant will become dominant you could swing it maybe in a 50 gal pot maybe.

You could train them out in opposing directions and feed often and a LOT.
But as mentioned not much incentive to as 3 gal pots are cheap so you wouldn't save any money.
Maybe of it were a situation like "i want to grow an additional plant but doing so would cost me $$$ to expand my garden, etc. But not in this case.
Anecdote time...
I love using 3 gal pots, they fit nicely, roots love them, etc but in my personal experience my yields have been okay at best in a 3 gal but My best yields have come from vegging until the roots fill out the bigger pot (5-7 gal) and then flipping.

Back
Top Bottom