Uh Oh

Rickjamespart2

I just fed this plant after 6 days the soil was dry to the knuckle. It was only after the feeding that the plant wilted and curled downward and after 45 mins it returned to normal. What caused this??

Attachments

• 20200424_091030.jpg
    20200424_091030.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200424_091027.jpg
    20200424_091027.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 36
It’s likely they just needed some moisture. I’ve had plants droop from getting too dry. I’ve also had a plant almost fall over late into flower from waiting too long to water. Usually I find it stands right back up and stiffens within 30 minutes of being too dry, if that is the issue.

It’s likely they just needed some moisture. I’ve had plants droop from getting too dry. I’ve also had a plant almost fall over late into flower from waiting too long to water. Usually I find it stands right back up and stiffens within 30 minutes of being too dry, if that is the issue.
It wilted badly after the feeding that's what was weird to me

Sorry I misread your post! I though you said the feeding fixed it.

I find some of my plants droop temporarily after a feed. Like 1 hour type thing. Then perk back up.

I have always attributed this to the roots being overwhelmed by an influx of liquid. As it always promptly corrects its self. And I definitely go through proper wet/dry cycles.

I recently started lifting the pots before and after watering I still second guess myself sometimes so I feel the soil too

I had issues with this. And what I did was weigh a dry full pot. In my case, I use promix and my 5 gallon weighs 6lbs dry. I leave myself a 1.5LB buffer. So when I hit 7.5lbs of weight, I then feed. This means I have 1.5 LBs of liquid, which is around 562ML left in the medium. If I get down to 6.4LB my plants will negatively react by drooping etc.

Doing it this way and tracking intake. I can calculate the rate of ML and weight reduction by day. And know exactly when I’ll be feeding next. It also tells me exactly what each plants feed rate is, which can be helpful.

So If your anal, like myself. You may want to do something similar! I’ve done multiple grows and it works amazingly for me. I even do spreadsheets so I can look back!

I should also mention. I start this practice, once the plants leaves reach the outer edge of the 5 gallon and my watering quantities increase. Usually around 3rd to 4th week. Prior to that, I just monitor it manually using surface dryness as an indicator. And I only water out from stem to 1-2” past the leaf edges

Or you could just lift em! Haha

Back
Top Bottom