Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy

It will be interesting the cross you get from that. You may be on to the next big strain. Introducing DOC BUD!!! brought to you in part by OC+

It will be interesting the cross you get from that. You may be on to the next big strain. Introducing DOC BUD!!! brought to you in part by OC+

:grinjoint:
That would be cool, for sure. However, I don't think it would be a good strain. These plants have a tendency to hermie....that's not a good characteristic for indoor growing. I'll probably try a few just to see.

These plants are growing very well on 12/12.

Any thoughts on my mold issue brother?

Sorry, I forgot to address that.

I'd like to see a picture...

Is this mold, algae, mildew? I take it it's on the medium and not on the plant, from what you said. In that case, it sounds like it's algae....but I really don't know.

One thing I do know is that tap water has the same amount of chlorine as a swimming pool. It should kill the algae, and even if you're not a fan of tap water, using it for a week or two in order to kill the algae/mold won't hurt your plants.

The other thing is to not water around the stem. Try to water on the circumference of the pot in soil.

But, if the plant is growing well, there's no reason to worry about it, IMO.

I do believe it is mold. Will try to post pic. But thank you for your response. I have just switched from distilled water to tap PH'd to about 5.8+-. Hope to see an improvement. To be safe I have quarantined the 3 and will keep a close eye on them. Also is Hygrozyme an advanced replacement for H2O2. I am ordering a bottle for my next grow but in the meantime i want/need heathly roots.

what kinda hash you gonna make?

I dunno.....I've got a kief box that works well, but wastes a lot. I have a friend who has bubble bags....maybe use those. I've gotta grow the plant to finish first!

I do believe it is mold. Will try to post pic. But thank you for your response. I have just switched from distilled water to tap PH'd to about 5.8+-. Hope to see an improvement. To be safe I have quarantined the 3 and will keep a close eye on them. Also is Hygrozyme an advanced replacement for H2O2. I am ordering a bottle for my next grow but in the meantime i want/need heathly roots.

Hygrozyme is a great product....I use it all the time.
You could try spraying a bit of H202 on the mold....that wouldn't hurt. Honestly, I'd just use tap water and watch growth.

also, you might consider letting things dry out a bit before watering. Mold tends to grow in dark, moist places.

Well, I've got seeds. I moved that Sativa and got a pollen shower. I also checked the triches on it....it looks very potent. Triches are still clear.

I think this weed is going to smoke really well, in spite of the seeds.

Here's a few pics.
Below is the lower part of a plant. Notice the green. The lower fan leaves are still healthy and green. There are some damaged leaves from when they nearly died from not being watered, but those can be seen on some other photos.
For those who aren't convinced about Osmocote....I'm telling you, this stuff is superior. Far better than Advanced or Fox Farms. I'll never grow without a CRF again.....be it OC or dynamite or some other. These plants love this stuff.
IMG_10003.JPG

IMG_09985.JPG

IMG_09974.JPG

IMG_09964.JPG

IMG_09953.JPG

IMG_09922.JPG

IMG_09915.JPG

The one below had a few damaged leaves from the "drought," but it's till growing strong.
IMG_09904.JPG

IMG_09894.JPG

thanks bro! Do you think it'll still be smokeable?

It should still be great smoke, seeds do cause lower thc levels but I am sure they mean from the get go, not a week or so from harvest. C'mon now we have all had bags with seed and still got plenty HIGH

It should still be great smoke, seeds do cause lower thc levels but I am sure they mean from the get go, not a week or so from harvest. C'mon now we have all had bags with seed and still got plenty HIGH
I've heard that too. I think it's damn good news!

I harvested the main colas of two plants tonight. I was seeing an amber triche or two in each microscope window....I like 'em cloudy.

The lower half of each plant still has some viable buds....they will grow and mature a bit more. Then, I'll be able to compare a later harvested bud to a cloudy one.
Here's what's left of the smaller one
IMG_10035.JPG

IMG_10015.JPG

IMG_10025.JPG

And the larger one.
IMG_10044.JPG

IMG_10054.JPG

what's left of this one
IMG_10063.JPG

IMG_10076.JPG

IMG_10096.JPG

The rest appear to have 2 weeks or more to go......I hope the seeds aren't messing things up.

I've heard that too. I think it's damn good news!

I harvested the main colas of two plants tonight. I was seeing an amber triche or two in each microscope window....I like 'em cloudy.

Talk about colas as big as your arm!:bravo:

The lower half of each plant still has some viable buds....they will grow and mature a bit more. Then, I'll be able to compare a later harvested bud to a cloudy one.
Here's what's left of the smaller one

I'm curious to see how that works out, quality wise. I've only grow outdoors, but the lower buds I left for later never seemed to amount to much. I wish you luck there.
IMG_10035.JPG

IMG_10015.JPG

IMG_10025.JPG

And the larger one.
IMG_10044.JPG

IMG_10054.JPG

what's left of this one
IMG_10063.JPG

IMG_10076.JPG

IMG_10096.JPG

The rest appear to have 2 weeks or more to go......I hope the seeds aren't messing things up.

Like I said, my experience is outdoors. IME, seeded weed just takes a little longer if you want mature seeds. Mature seeds are a hell of a lot easier to separate from the pot than the immature ones... kinda like real life :)

But really, at this late stage, how seedy do you think it's gonna be?

:peace:

Looks like I need to study up on that multiple quote thing...

:peace:

Looks like I need to study up on that multiple quote thing...

Naww.....it worked. I knew what you were talkin' about.
I asked my grow-guru about the seeds yesterday:

"If you can see 'em on the outside of the plant, you're fine. They didn't get seeded until late in flower. It's when they get seeded right away and the inside is all seeds that you have a problem."

Mine's gonna be OK....they're all on the outside. It just lowers the market value a bit is all--not a big deal to me. Hopefully it smokes so well that won't matter.

Here's a VERY interesting study I ran across....concerning the nutritional requirements of hemp. In other words, this is scientific proof of what our plant requires in the way of nutrition.

I'll boil it down to this:

3-1-3. Our favorite plant also likes Ca, Mg, S, B, Mb, Fe and a bunch of other stuff as well. However, this study, along with other studies confirm what horticulturists and every fertilizer company in the world (except pot-specific fertilizer makers) knows.....healthy plants need nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in a 2-1-2 or 3-1-3 ratio. Anyhow, OC+ is 15-9-12....pretty damn close to optimal.

Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.)
French: Chanvre; Spanish: Canamo; Italian: Canapa; German: Hanf
Crop data
Annual, herbaceous at start, becoming ligneous later.
Harvested part: stalk, for fibre (fibres develop between the primary bark and the cambium,
while the inner part of the stalk is ligneous with a hollow centre).
Sown late March to early May, depending on region.
Sowing rate 250-450 viable seeds/m2 for fibre or 10-20 plants/m2 for seed production.
Vegetation period 115-125 days for fibre, 140-150 days for seed. Genetic yield potential of
currently grown varieties 12-15 t/ha of dry above-ground portion, over 3t/ha fibre.
Prefers fertile soils, e.g. various kinds of chernozems in USSR and S. Europe.
Largest producers are USSR, India, China and some countries in central and southern
Europe.
Nutrient demand/uptake/removal
Uptake by total above-ground portion at technological maturity
Nutrient uptake - Macronutrients
Yield
t/ha
Source kg/ha
N P2O5 K20 MgO CaO
6.0 Bredemann, 1945 111 36 124 22 108
7.1 Jakobey, 1970 81 38 143 - -
11.3 Ritz, 1972 109 64 118 - -
Nutrient uptake is most intensive before and during flowering, when growth is complete.
Plant analysis data
Average composition of above-ground parts at technological maturity
Plant analysis data - Macronutrients
Plant part % of dry matter
N P K Mg Ca S
Leaf 2.40 0.42 1.77 0.59 0.81 0.45
Bark 0.57 0.22 1.06 0.30 0.32 0.35
Stem 0.52 0.13 1.06 0.12 0.32 0.36
Total aboveground
1.13 0.22 1.17 0.27 0.47 0.39
Source: Starcevic, 1979
Other authors have obtained comparable figures within the range 1.0-2.9 % N, 0.22 - 0.75 % P, 0.83-
2.74 % K.
Fertilizer recommendations
The recommended rates of nutrients are 60-150 kg/ha N, 40-110 kg/ha P2O5, and
40-110 kg/ha K2O.
The plants take up nutrients more rapidly and grow better if a high concentration of nutrients
is provided early in the season.
Timing of application
Level of
application
Autumn - kg/ha
Spring - kg/ha
N P2O5 K2O N P2O5 K2O
Low - 45-60 45-60 45-60 - -
Medium 40-60 60-90 60-90 40-60 - -
High 50-60 60-90 60-90 70-90 20-30 20-30
At low rates, total N is applied before sowing; at medium rates, one half of N is applied in
autumn and the other half before sowing; at high rates, 50-60 kg/ha N are applied in autumn,
50-60 kg/ha N before sowing and 20-30 kg/ha N are topdressed at the stage of three pairs of
leaves.
N is applied in autumn in regions with moderate autumn and winter rainfall, on soils with a
deep water-table, and when crop residues with an unsatisfactory C:N ratio have been
ploughed under.
Preferred nutrient forms
Autumn N in ammonium and/or amide form, usually as complex NPK fertilizer or urea: spring
N as calcium ammonium nitrate.
Rate and form of P depend on soil available P and pH. Watersoluble form is preferred.
K as KCl or K2SO4 , with a slight preference for the latter.
Present fertilizer use
Soil fertility (producing region) Rates of application - kg/ha
N P2O5 K2O
Fertile chernozem (USSR) 45- 60 45- 60 45- 60
Medium fertile chernozem (USSR,
Southern Europe)
80-120 60- 90 60- 90
Less fertile soils (Central & SE Europe) 120-150 90-110 90-110
Further reading
BREDEMANN, G.: Untersuchungen ueber die Naehrstoffaufnahme und den Naehrstoffbedarf des
Hanfes. Bodenkunde und Pflanzenernaehrung 36, 167-204, Germany (1945)
RITZ, J.: Absorption of nutrients (NPK) in hemp (in Serbo-Croat, with summary in English).
Agricultural Research Review 28,117-126, Zagreb, Yugoslavia (1972)
STARCEVIC, Lj.: A study of relations between some anions and cations (N, S, P, K, Ca and Mg) and
their effect on yield, fiber quality and content in different parts of hemp plant (in Serbo-Croat, with
summary in English). Proceedings of Natural Sciences of Matica Srpska 57, 109-172, Matica Srpska,
Novi Sad, Yugoslavia (1979)
Author: Lj. Starcevic, Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops, Faculty of Agriculture Novi Sad, Yugoslavia

Back
Top Bottom