Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy

Well, this grow is winding down!

I smoked some of the Skunk/Diesel that was harvested a couple days ago....it wasn't totally dry, but it did burn in the bowl with a little coaxing....It was smooth and a total creeper high. Initially, minutes after smoking, my wife and I both dove in the pool....skinny dipping of course....we swam and splashed around for about 10 minutes. It was 102 here today and was about 90 at the time we smoked.

Then, we started laughing our heads off in the water, and laughed even harder when we got out. Things were really funny, for some reason. :hmmmm: We felt GREAT for the next two hours and slept really well. This is really good smoke, right up there with my favorites. Even without a cure, it was smooth, no harshness at all, not a single cough, and no green taste. Light feeding is the key! It's only going to get better with a proper cure.

We also smoked some of the Sativa.....how would I describe that......hmmmm......I know: Schwing! :blunt: I won't have too much of this stuff, because the whole plant is basically individual calyxes, and I don't feel like trying to seperate them all.....I'll cut of the "buds" such as they are, and dry the rest of the plant and try to strip off what I can by dragging the plant through my hand. This is fantastic, energetic and erotic smoke.....I've never had anything like it. I'm sure all of it will get rolled in to nice J's. As far as bag appeal.....except for the smell, there is none. I'll probably make some hash out of this plant too.

One last thing: I'm fairly certain the OC+ is used up in 2 plants....almost overnight I've got yellowing fan leaves. Flush? What flush? There's no need! I'm going to harvest the rest of the garden this week.

Pics!
IMG_10105.JPG

IMG_10137.JPG

Here's the Sativa.....it's ugly (of odd looking) and it almost died in the great June drought....and it pollinated my crop....but the smoke is well worth it. How do I say this?...........this stuff gets you laid. Nuff said.
IMG_10148.JPG

IMG_10157.JPG

I'd like to try to grow this plant again, but I don't know if that phenotype will ever show up....I will have a bunch of seeds....perhaps a winter greenhouse grow with higher humidity would work.

Well, I have 3 successful grows now.....and each grow had some sort of disaster involved....yet each yielded well and gave some quality smoke. Maybe, just maybe my next grow can be problem free? I haven't had the same problems repeat and I've learned to deal with the major stuff....maybe, just maybe I can pull off a straightforward, uneventful grow.

Stay tuned to find out. I should have something new in 3-4 weeks. Until then, I'll update this journal to the end, and possibly have some "guest" smoke reports. It's sample time!

question for Doc

Doc,

I took clones of my plants that i had inside before i put them outside.
under 12/12 of course i weeded out the males, and of course the females flowered. but they didnt continue to keep growing till i put them outside....
question is why didnt my clones keep growing under 12/12 but yours go from start to finish and grew.
By the way one of the flowered clones i put outside in a 2lt bottle and it is doing good. about 18 inches, It looks like one of those ceramic Christmas trees every ones aunt or grandma has. lol

Congrats on yet another excellent grow and another journal packed with excellent and innovative info and techniques.

I learned of CRF's like Osmocote Plus in this journal, so I'm very grateful for that. I thought the stigma of MG type time-release nutes would dog CRF's, but I'm glad to see that people are looking beyond that and understanding that these are very high-tech nutes that have been continuously refined over several decades by a company that has far greater resources than much more recent and smaller companies trying to sell product for a lot more money.

There really isn't much out there on the grow boards about using CRF's like Osmocote+ to grow cannabis, so I'm really glad for your influence in getting other growers to give it a shot.
:thanks:

Enjoy your harvest and thanks for another *great* ride, brother grower! :bravo:

Congrats on yet another excellent grow and another journal packed with excellent and innovative info and techniques.

I learned of CRF's like Osmocote Plus in this journal, so I'm very grateful for that. I thought the stigma of MG type time-release nutes would dog CRF's, but I'm glad to see that people are looking beyond that and understanding that these are very high-tech nutes that have been continuously refined over several decades by a company that has far greater resources than much more recent and smaller companies trying to sell product for a lot more money.

There really isn't much out there on the grow boards about using CRF's like Osmocote+ to grow cannabis, so I'm really glad for your influence in getting other growers to give it a shot.

this is a good point scoots has been around forever and know their stuff, to this day my biggest plant i have ever grown was feed MG sticks and nothing els straight tap water! it had buds the size of softballs breaking branches, yet some reason i feel into to hype of the other nute company's and never touched yields like that before. it was an out door plant with MG soil and MG food sticks and still to this day the biggest out plant i have seen in person. Ive also seen other threads that were grown with MG food and their plants where huge. so i would agree some of the old time companys that are cheaper on the pockets might be better, and for sure allot eaiser to food your plants. I will be using some OC+ and maybe a few with MG on my next grow to see whats up and so we can see what dose what.

Doc thanks for opening my eyes back up. its funny how i grew some of the fattest plants i have done yet when i 1st started growing and new nothing about growing, well i figured out knowing nothing was the reason for success! because i didnt know about all the cannabis nutes at that time and just used MG and water. funny how that works!

Doc,

I took clones of my plants that i had inside before i put them outside.
under 12/12 of course i weeded out the males, and of course the females flowered. but they didnt continue to keep growing till i put them outside....
question is why didnt my clones keep growing under 12/12 but yours go from start to finish and grew.
By the way one of the flowered clones i put outside in a 2lt bottle and it is doing good. about 18 inches, It looks like one of those ceramic Christmas trees every ones aunt or grandma has. lol

Growing from seed is VERY different than growing from clone. 12/12 grows should be done from seed. Congrats on the Christmas tree! Gives a whole new meaning to going into the forest and chopping down the tree, eh?

:thanks: Wait till we investigate the nuances of commercial fertilizers and micronutrient charges!

this is a good point scoots has been around forever and know their stuff, to this day my biggest plant i have ever grown was feed MG sticks and nothing els straight tap water! it had buds the size of softballs breaking branches, yet some reason i feel into to hype of the other nute company's and never touched yields like that before. it was an out door plant with MG soil and MG food sticks and still to this day the biggest out plant i have seen in person. Ive also seen other threads that were grown with MG food and their plants where huge. so i would agree some of the old time companys that are cheaper on the pockets might be better, and for sure allot eaiser to food your plants. I will be using some OC+ and maybe a few with MG on my next grow to see whats up and so we can see what dose what.

Doc thanks for opening my eyes back up. its funny how i grew some of the fattest plants i have done yet when i 1st started growing and new nothing about growing, well i figured out knowing nothing was the reason for success! because i didnt know about all the cannabis nutes at that time and just used MG and water. funny how that works!

Thanks bro! Plants are plants. We need to stick together and not eachother get ripped off by opportunists, who want to make a buck.

Super nice colas Doc.And amen to what Irish posted.:bravo:
HH

And now, I'm going to lite up another J of that heirloom sativa....

Awesome grow! I just finished reading your grow. I think I read about 75% of it, it took a while and I skipped through some things. Thanks for the great read. I've been reading more and more on hempy buckets, and this grow gave me a lot of info. I really like the thought of using the OC+ and am watching SS's grow right now too. :hookah:

VApedoutJoe!

Welcome to my journal, and thanks for reading. You won't be disappointed with OC+....don't let the pot-forum mythology about nitrogen and bloom nutes scare you. Green leaves and healthy roots=healthy buds. Plants flower due to the light cycle, not the insane nutrients that some people want us to buy.

Again.....OC+ isn't the "best" nutrient out there. However, it is a well designed product and using it with all other aspects of the grow dialed in will result in very nice plants.....I like to call them "above average" with average being what you get in a dispensary.

In other words, you'll grow top shelf buds with OC+, but if you want to win the Cannabis cup, I'd look at really special organic soil blends etc.

My purpose in using OC+ was to grow high quality weed with minimal effort, and minimal expense. Mission accomplished.

VApedoutJoe!

Welcome to my journal, and thanks for reading. You won't be disappointed with OC+....don't let the pot-forum mythology about nitrogen and bloom nutes scare you. Green leaves and healthy roots=healthy buds. Plants flower due to the light cycle, not the insane nutrients that some people want us to buy.

Again.....OC+ isn't the "best" nutrient out there. However, it is a well designed product and using it with all other aspects of the grow dialed in will result in very nice plants.....I like to call them "above average" with average being what you get in a dispensary.

In other words, you'll grow top shelf buds with OC+, but if you want to win the Cannabis cup, I'd look at really special organic soil blends etc.

My purpose in using OC+ was to grow high quality weed with minimal effort, and minimal expense. Mission accomplished.

that all anyone could ask for, grow good bud and kick back while doing it by not mixing a shit load of stuff that cost tons of $$$$$

i like to keep my money in the bank not the hydro store

Harvested all but two last night. Tonite I've got one more massive cola and the Sativa to cut down.

I left about an ounce of lower buds on another plant and put it out in the vegetable garden to finish up a bit more. The two plants I did this on last week showed noticeable growth and density in the lower buds after the cola was removed.

Each of the massive colas below weighed over 10 ounces wet....they could have been over 13, but I had a hard time getting the scale steady, etc. Some of the buds are really dense....others are far more airy than I had expected....but there is a lot of Sativa in this cross. The smell and stickyness was really nice, but I really don't like trimming buds. I have to do it late at night, so I get a lousy nights sleep, but I suppose it's worth it.

Here's the stuff I left on the first two plants I harvested:
IMG_10166.JPG

I did a quick trim job before taking pictures, I ran 'em through my bud trimmer right after the pics. I suck at triche shots.
IMG_10177.JPG

IMG_10199.JPG

IMG_10208.JPG

IMG_10215.JPG

IMG_10226.JPG

IMG_10237.JPG

I've got another very large cola and a big mess of a Sativa to harvest tonight.

Just to recap, this grow was 12/12 from seed. All but two of the plants were done start to finish with Osmocote Plus. The other two were finished with OC+ after I got tired of watching them lag behind on Advanced Nutrients Can o' Sewer and other doodads.

Tap water all the way for the soil plants....pH'd tap water for the hempies.

As expected, the hempys out yielded the soil plants, but IMO the soil plants look more tasty and had better overall beauty.

I'll get a total yield in a week or two.

Final thoughts on this stage of the grow:

1.)12/12 rocks! I'll be doing it again....and again.
2.)Osmocote rocks! I'll be using it exclusively on my next grow, along with a homemade micronutrient mix.
3.)I don't like harvesting and trimming alone.....I've got to get some buds over and do this as a team sometime.

Sweet mother of cola's!

In appreciation of all ive gotten out of this thread, I'd be more than happy to donate some scissor time!

Sweet mother of cola's!

In appreciation of all ive gotten out of this thread, I'd be more than happy to donate some scissor time!

Me too! Of course I live at the other end of the country, so maybe not. Those are amazing Doc,I can't wait for the smoke report. I did hempy and loved it,was thinking about going with bubbles next but can't use OC+ so am eagerly awaiting these results to decide for sure. Those massive colas sure are convincing though!:bravo::bravo::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks: I want to do 12/12 also so this journal has been very helpful,thanks Doc!

Thanks to all!
I've got one more big one, and a messy one. I'll take some pics of the trimmed buds, perhaps. They look really nice.

I'll have one or two outdoors to finish up a bit more. The triches on the lower buds were still about 50% clear. On the first two plants, where I let them go another week on the lower stuff, they fattened up and matured.

So, overall, I'm looking at another 1 or 2 ounces dried from the little stuff, if I can get it to grow more.

love the colas, best 12/12 from seed i have seen. great job!

Awesome Monster Cola. :tokin:

I had 3 that size.....just showed 2 of 'em in the pics. My hands were too sticky to take pics after that point.

Things are drying....70-73 degrees, 40-50 RH, with very gentle, indirect airflow over the buds.

The two plants I harvested a week or two ago are now smokeable. They are VERY nice! Smooth, no coughing, no sore throat.....very nice. The smell in the bag is mild, slightly grapefuity....nothing approaching the way an OG kush stinks....and not as strong as Blue Dream or Jack Herer either. In fact, the Lucky Queen smells stronger. But, it's a nice smell nevertheless.

After the first couple hits your head feels nice and the first thought it is, "This stuff isn't very strong."

Then, about 5 minutes later it dawns on you that you're really high! Then, you begin thinking, "I should smoke less next time, but this is nice....I like it."

A half hour after that the body effect kicks in and it's warm and relaxed. Yoga is perfect at this stage.

Sleepiness kicks in at about 2 hours. I don't have any pain or illness, but every joint in my body feels good after smoking this.

I haven't played chess after smoking this strain, but that's one of my favorite ways of testing a strain.

The following strains do not effect my chess rating:
Flo (I play unorthodox but better with Flo)
Malawi Gold
Casey Jones

These strains make me play like a jackass:
White Widow
OG Kush
MK Ultra
Green Crack
Jack Herer (ADD big time....but really nice smoke otherwise)

I play slightly worse with these strains:
Blue Dream
Romulan
Agent Orange
Jack The Ripper
Super Lemon Haze

Overall, rating this against everything I've smoked in the last year, I'd give it a 9/10 even without the cure. The best stuff I have is Blue Dream that's been curing for 8 months now.....that's a 10/10. I think this Sour Diesel/Skunk cross will make it there after several months of curing.

Here are my choices for next grow:

Blue Dream
Flo
Skunk/Diesel
Blue Cheese
Bubba Kush
Santa Maria (Seeds are most likely no good. No Mercy Supply....pure crap.)
Double Fun (See above)

Any suggestions?

I've had Blue Dream a few times and it's a good yielder to. Very heady in the beginning, you'll know why it's called Blue Dream FAST. :hookah:

P.S. Doc, I wanted to ask you how the MK Ultra came out, I've always wanted to grow the MK. A little off topic I know, but it's MJ. :)

I grew the Blue Dream two grows ago....fantastic plant and product! My favorite.

The MK was disappointing, IMO. It grew well, but I had Powdery Mildew issues. No other plant I've grown has had that problem, and i keep my environment dialed in.

The product was "good"......taste was acceptable, effect was nice enough, if you like Indicas.....but overall I'd say I won't grow it again.

I've talked to a couple other people, one of them a total pro....and he didn't like the MK Ultra either.

But....if you like the Indica stone it's OK. Personally, I'd rather grow Bubba, AFghani, Hindu Kush, Blueberry, or Blackberry Kush before I'd grow MK Ultra again.

Back
Top Bottom