Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy

you could retire on it if you added some tint and called it "DocBud's Purple Power Powder", lol

hey, I could repackage your magic powder and sell it for $20 per 1/4oz on ebay!

The sad thing about this is that we probably could do this.....and could probably make some money doing it.

But....I simply can't do something like that. So, I won't. If it works as well as I hope, I'll satisfy myself by telling others how to save money and do a better job growing.

I mean, when was the last time a guy growing vegetables in his back yard talked about "lockout" or deficiencies?

Doc,
Who knew that Ace Hardware had the best cannabis growing supplies all along!
Is your completed mineral mix completely water soluble? Just thinking that (at least for a hempy application) it might be convenient to premix your own concentrate in half gallon bottles. Then you could add it to your water without having to insure that everything gets dissolved every time.

Keep up the good work Doc. Can't wait for the final weigh-in on those colas. You might want to carry a taser when you go in to take them down. They look like they might fight back!
:peace::ganjamon:

Doc,
Who knew that Ace Hardware had the best cannabis growing supplies all along!
Is your completed mineral mix completely water soluble? Just thinking that (at least for a hempy application) it might be convenient to premix your own concentrate in half gallon bottles. Then you could add it to your water without having to insure that everything gets dissolved every time.

Keep up the good work Doc. Can't wait for the final weigh-in on those colas. You might want to carry a taser when you go in to take them down. They look like they might fight back!
:peace::ganjamon:

The final "weekly" mix is very water soluble. The "pre-Plant" mix is a little different.

The colas are looking good, but the pics I took were too large and i can't shrink 'em down to proper size, except for this one, of the runt.
IMG_09886.JPG

Still no amber triches...and a few clear....mostly cloudy. Waiting....waiting.....waiting.

Oh....the Sativa's gone hermie, which is not uncommon for landrace Sativas. I've got a more than a few seeds starting in these buds. Oh well. They'll still smoke well.

dy-no-mite

Just picked up a 2lb red bottle of Dynamite flower/veg on the discount rack at Home Depot yesterday for $4.50. I see it selling on line for $12.99. Its 13-13-13. They also had the indoor/outdoor green bottles 18-6-8.
Should I go back and stock up on a few bottles?
I'm anxious to try this in my next grow.
DOC, which do you think would be better? or maybe mix them?

Observations of my friends hempys. Using an old shower stall. Used peters for veg and pure blend pro blossom for flowering. In the 8th week (i think). really some nice solid buds. 4 plants. 2 directly under 12x23w fluros (aprox 18,000 lum), and 2 under 2x70 HPS (aprox 15,000 lum). All look good and starting to get frosty. Very little smell, but when you touch them and smell the fingers, they are deeeeeelish. The 2 under the fluros are decent, but the 2 under the HPS are awesome. I guess we lolly popped them a little two much. The 2 HPS ones have massive round bud formation up top. Almost big as a soccerball.
Next grow plan; Dynamite for ferts, more light, and since its in a shower stall, planning to disconnect the shower head, add a timer and some tubing. Viola, auto watering.

Re: dy-no-mite

IMG_09775.JPG

12/12 just amazing......:welldone: Nothing but main colas :popcorn: what a sight :passitleft:

Hey bro! I'm happy with them myself. I wish they'd finish, however. They keep getting bigger, frostier, and now I've got some seeds. (not necessarily a bad thing)

Just picked up a 2lb red bottle of Dynamite flower/veg on the discount rack at Home Depot yesterday for $4.50. I see it selling on line for $12.99. Its 13-13-13. They also had the indoor/outdoor green bottles 18-6-8.
Should I go back and stock up on a few bottles?
I'm anxious to try this in my next grow.
DOC, which do you think would be better? or maybe mix them?

Observations of my friends hempys. Using an old shower stall. Used peters for veg and pure blend pro blossom for flowering. In the 8th week (i think). really some nice solid buds. 4 plants. 2 directly under 12x23w fluros (aprox 18,000 lum), and 2 under 2x70 HPS (aprox 15,000 lum). All look good and starting to get frosty. Very little smell, but when you touch them and smell the fingers, they are deeeeeelish. The 2 under the fluros are decent, but the 2 under the HPS are awesome. I guess we lolly popped them a little two much. The 2 HPS ones have massive round bud formation up top. Almost big as a soccerball.
Next grow plan; Dynamite for ferts, more light, and since its in a shower stall, planning to disconnect the shower head, add a timer and some tubing. Viola, auto watering.

I like the grow plan! Converting a shower is a fantastic idea....I'd give anything to have a drain in the middle of the floor.

Given the choice of those two products, 13-13-13 and 18-6-8, I think I'd go with the 13-13-13. There would be too much nitrogen, imo, if you mixed them. These have all the micro's, right?

Also, regarding smell....I've totally noticed that hempys don't smell as much as soil, until you get up close and personal. I don't think that's good or bad.....just an interesting observation.

High Doc, I'm old, slow, and I did see Grand Funk Railroad in '70, but did I miss the OC+ in your new grow pharmaceutical list?:grinjoint:

Oh, and those colas... you've got the touch :bravo:

:peace:

High Doc, I'm old, slow, and I did see Grand Funk Railroad in '70, but did I miss the OC+ in your new grow pharmaceutical list?:grinjoint:

Oh, and those colas... you've got the touch :bravo:

:peace:

Thanks for the compliment bro!

OC+ will be featured front and center on my next grow!

I'll probably run a hempy or two out of loyalty, but I'm going to concentrate on soil the next time around.

I've already mixed up the soil I'll use with that micronute mixture. I'll put the OC+ in the top 3 inches of soil, as recommended.

For additions and supplements I'm going to go with snowstorm and hygrozyme.

I'll also brew up some alfalfa pellet tea.....our horses eat it, it's not just "cheap" for me...it's free. Alfalfa tea has some excellent cannabis growth properties.

That should do 'er, as far as nutes go. The nutes for the next 3 grows should cost under 30 bucks....and that's entirely due to the hygrozyme and snowstorm.

I'll probably run a couple plants without any supplements in order to see if they're actually needed or not.

I've also got an unlimited supply of horse crap....but then you already knew that. :)

Hey Doc, the girls look great. I know you don't clone,but do you think OC+ would be good for cloning? You could give the babies nutes without burning them.

Hey Doc, the girls look great. I know you don't clone,but do you think OC+ would be good for cloning? You could give the babies nutes without burning them.

I don't think it would work well at all for clones.

Clones have no roots. They need rooting hormones and such until they grow roots....and OC has none of that.

Once the clone is rooted, OC works real good. My first experience with OC+ was on a clone that hadn't even grown roots out of the rockwool. I just popped it in soil, with OC+, and away we grew!

Thanks Doc,if I were to use it the clones would be rooted anyhow. I found a product called Gel2Root,you put the cutting in it and leave it alone til it has roots. I was just curious what you thought,I know uptake is limited without roots but they still get what they can right? The Gel2Root doesn't require misting or a dome and the cutting looks perfectly healthy,all it gets is what the gel gives it. :peace:

Thanks Doc,if I were to use it the clones would be rooted anyhow. I found a product called Gel2Root,you put the cutting in it and leave it alone til it has roots. I was just curious what you thought,I know uptake is limited without roots but they still get what they can right? The Gel2Root doesn't require misting or a dome and the cutting looks perfectly healthy,all it gets is what the gel gives it. :peace:

I bought some and tried them.

The cuttings just sat there and sat there and sat there.

It kept them alive very well, but they never rooted.

I don't think they work very well, at least for MJ.

I bought some and tried them.

The cuttings just sat there and sat there and sat there.

It kept them alive very well, but they never rooted.

I don't think they work very well, at least for MJ.

That's interesting, I had terrible luck cloning and Gel2Root was the only way I had success. SS, I trust your experience more than my limited amount and am going to quit telling people that's the way to go.I only used it once but had 100% success (beginners luck maybe). They took a couple weeks to do anything but when they started they exploded with roots. :peace:

Really?

Well, I only used it once too, so we have the same amount of experience.

I did read where another grower on a different forum also had no roots after two weeks, so that's why I thought maybe they don't work for MJ, but if they worked for you, then maybe I should give them another look. I still have 3 or 4 of the cubes left.

Tell ya what, as part of my next comparison grow, I'm going to be growing a couple of moms and taking some clones. I was going to use at least two different methods of cloning, but now I think I'll use three.

I'm going to use a DIY bubbler, Rapid Rooter plugs under a dome, and I'll give the Gel2Root cubes another shot based on your experience.

thanks bro!

Thank You SS, It's guys like you and Doc who make this site so great for me. I wish I had the luxury of experimentation like you guys do, but for now I'll just let you do the work and reap the benefits! For now I'll just keep trying not to kill them and some day be able to help others as well. :thanks: :peace:

Doc, you said you have some seeds pop-up? Was that just from that crazy Sativa or did a 12/12 decide to grow a pair? Also I have noticed a little mold on the top of my orgainic rooter plug and I would like to know the best remedy/prevention for this. It is very light on 3 of the 10. I have not used H2o2 at all and hope that will be the cure, but what dose per gal? Thanks to you and all others who may help me.

Doc

1. What kind of soil you going to use?
2. What kind of pots and or watering system?

I'll be using FFOF with my micronutrient addition and a bit of extra perlite and some humic/composty stuff. Ocmosocte Plus for the nutes.

I'm going to use white, squarish pots...the same ones I'm using now.

I'll water by hand, with my wand, or with the automated system I have.

Doc, you said you have some seeds pop-up? Was that just from that crazy Sativa or did a 12/12 decide to grow a pair? Also I have noticed a little mold on the top of my orgainic rooter plug and I would like to know the best remedy/prevention for this. It is very light on 3 of the 10. I have not used H2o2 at all and hope that will be the cure, but what dose per gal? Thanks to you and all others who may help me.

Hey bro. The crazy Sativa is a hermie....which is common for that type of Sativa. I suppose some of that hermie pollen got on some of the girls. Kinky action for sure.

I'm not too worried about it, the buds are large and frosty...it should still be very good smoke.

Trimming and curing that sativa is going to be a royal pain in the ass.....I think I'll take a couple of the buds, such as they are, and make hash out of the rest. Mostly, this plant is just individual calyxes.

Back
Top Bottom