Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy

Docbud, I kind of skimmed through the entire thread and didn't see see the study, but would that be Dr. Ericcson (sp?). That's the name of one of the proponents of 3-1-2. I would like to see what you posted if not and will look again later on.

The question I have for Skidmark is what about these pumpkin soil farmers that use the 2-4-1 hydrolized fish?

Testimonials

I always thought 3-1-2, 3-1-4, etc. were for plants in containers. Biksa article supports that theory. I have no experience to draw on from growing in the ground, only w/ containers and hydroponics.

Can't say why some growers use cetain types of Ferts. Who knows why????? Just like each idividual has to find their own way in life so does the farmer. Especially those Midwest old fart growers, talk about diversity in growing! You should read some of the wacky stuff they do that has nothing to do with commercial fert's (mostly myth). For instance, one old fart says he swears by "milk injection" of the fruit at the end of its cycle to give it "one more boost." Read what the old fart who have been growing weed for a many years, who say starving ones plant of water and prunning all leafs promotes more resin production (this is just crazy). But who am I to say, people ahve all kinds of crazy ideas doesn't mean I have to go along with it, if folks think it makes a better product, go for it. I can only speak for myself, what I do and it works (most of the time, not always based on different factors). Life is about trying different things and so is growing plants. Try different things and see what you like.

I picked up some new stuff to work with today. Osmocote Plus as well as a bag of garden gypsum. And from Florikam, under the Dynamite Plant Food brand - Organic All Purpose Premium Slow Release Plant Food

Dynamite Plant Food : Products : Organic

10-2-8 with 9% nitrate Nitrogen, 1.8% Ca and 3.0% Sulfur. I'm going to try a little experiment with a coir (hence the gypsum instead of lime)/perlite mix. This organic product will require the use of the micronutrient mix that Docbud has posted or something else to provide them.

I picked up some new stuff to work with today. Osmocote Plus as well as a bag of garden gypsum. And from Florikam, under the Dynamite Plant Food brand - Organic All Purpose Premium Slow Release Plant Food

10-2-8 with 9% nitrate Nitrogen, 1.8% Ca and 3.0% Sulfur. I'm going to try a little experiment with a coir (hence the gypsum instead of lime)/perlite mix. This organic product will require the use of the micronutrient mix that Docbud has posted or something else to provide them.

That sounds great!
I don't know the nuances of coco....but I've heard it binds Ca and Mg or something like that....and that you've got to saturate it before use, etc. I don't know the facts on that.....but something like that is true.

What you could do is mix gypsum and epsom salt in an 80-4 ratio and treat the coco with it for a few watering cycles....then get some micromax, green sand or some other micro blend, and you're good to go!

Oh....what are the ratios for nitrogen source? 9% nitrate....does that mean 91 % ammoniacal?

Ammoniacal N decreases pH.....Nitrate increases it.

I think it was Setting Sun who mentioned some time ago that he'd purchased some of the Dynamite Organic. Don't know if he's tried it out at all.

One difference between the Dynamite Organic and OC+ is that it only provides 3 months of nourishment instead of 6 months w/ OC+. This could be viewed as a virtue by some people because, if timed right, it would allow them to transition over to some other special feeding regime during the flowering process (and do the nitrogen deprivation thing if they want).

It's great to see so many folks trying these different methods and sharing their results.

Thanks for what you do Doc!

By the way, I read your post about how different strains affect your chess game. If all goes as planned with my 4 Jack Herers, I won't be winning any chess tournaments anytime soon. Of course, you'd need a double dose of thorazine to play at my level!
:ganjamon:

By the way, I read your post about how different strains affect your chess game. If all goes as planned with my 4 Jack Herers, I won't be winning any chess tournaments anytime soon. Of course, you'd need a double dose of thorazine to play at my level!
:ganjamon:

On Jack I usually lose my queen. Twice, I lost games by getting timed out....I went off and googled something, got lost in reading who-knows-what.....followed another trail to a name of a highschool friend I haven't seen in 30 years...and then heard the "game over" sound. I hadn't moved in ten minutes....totally forgot about it.

That's Jack Herer chess. :grinjoint:

i cant wait to see how this GH Maxi dry nutes flower for me? because as of right now i have some of the healthiest plants i have ever grown or seen with my own eyes.

although its not as cheap as the OC+ its still way cheaper then most liquid nutes on the market. 1.5lb for around $13 i tsp per gal max.

its all about saving money! i was spending way too much money on the GH 3 part, the maxi is saving me a ton on nutes and from what i can see its growing healthier plants then i have had with the 3 part.

next grow i might do half with OC+ and the other half with GH maxi nutes and see whats what?

your a good man Doc and others for spreading the word on how nute company's are riping us off.

What you could do is mix gypsum and epsom salt in an 80-4 ratio and treat the coco with it for a few watering cycles....then get some micromax, green sand or some other micro blend, and you're good to go!

Oh....what are the ratios for nitrogen source? 9% nitrate....does that mean 91 % ammoniacal?

Ammoniacal N decreases pH.....Nitrate increases it.

What you said about mixing the gypsum with the epsom salts is exactly what I intend to do.

The Organic All-Purpose is 9% Nitrate N, .25% Ammoniacal N and .75% Water Soluble N.

And I also top dressed with an entire small container of Mater Magic, three tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets (1 hempy far outperforming the other two), two green pepper plants in 2 gallon pots, 3 perrennials in the ground and a jalapeno pepper plant in a 3 gallon pot...

CRFs for the win!

I would think it'd list ammoniacal if it was using it, like OC+ does.

So when is your next grow starting, Doc?

Ah....the next grow.

It may be a few weeks. I'm moving and expanding my operation. I figure the 3 grows I've done here have taught me enough to where I can get a bit more ambitious.

It looks like I'll be joining up with a partner and doing a 4000 watt or higher grow in a new location where the daytime temps are much cooler.

Strains will be:

Blue Dream
Flo
Blue Cheese

possibly some of these:

Bubba Kush
Santa Maria
Skunk/Sour Diesel
Violator Kush

I should have the grow space at the end of this coming weekend. Then, a bit of construction, positioning equipment, etc.

I'll journal it, take pics, tell stories.....etc.

i cant wait to see how this GH Maxi dry nutes flower for me? because as of right now i have some of the healthiest plants i have ever grown or seen with my own eyes.

although its not as cheap as the OC+ its still way cheaper then most liquid nutes on the market. 1.5lb for around $13 i tsp per gal max.

its all about saving money! i was spending way too much money on the GH 3 part, the maxi is saving me a ton on nutes and from what i can see its growing healthier plants then i have had with the 3 part.

next grow i might do half with OC+ and the other half with GH maxi nutes and see whats what?

your a good man Doc and others for spreading the word on how nute company's are riping us off.

thanks bro! My only comment would be to say that I'm not merely talking about how we get ripped off.....I'm also talking about the stuff that isn't a rip off....the stuff that works and why. You're doing the same thing.

What you said about mixing the gypsum with the epsom salts is exactly what I intend to do.

The Organic All-Purpose is 9% Nitrate N, .25% Ammoniacal N and .75% Water Soluble N.

And I also top dressed with an entire small container of Mater Magic, three tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets (1 hempy far outperforming the other two), two green pepper plants in 2 gallon pots, 3 perrennials in the ground and a jalapeno pepper plant in a 3 gallon pot...

CRFs for the win!

Is growing fun, or what?

thanks bro! My only comment would be to say that I'm not merely talking about how we get ripped off.....I'm also talking about the stuff that isn't a rip off....the stuff that works and why. You're doing the same thing.

ya i ment to say I was one saying allot of company's are riping people off, dont get me wrong some nute company's have great nutes, their just over priced. their are still nute additives that i refuse to get rid of because they work great.

Ive been trying to preach to others for a while about how to K.I.S.S. because ive learned the hard way. ive spent allot of money in my time on nutes and didnt get the best results then i switched to the GH Lucas formula and that was an eye opener! then after using the GH maxi dry nutes i realize allot more plus seeing ur grow really opened my eyes.

I will say this if you want to see something that will blow ur mind try the Green Fuse bloom additive, its really great stuff and it last for a while to its worth every penny. better then the Humboldt snow storm. silica is also great stuff.

its all about saving money on my grows and making things easy when feeding to me.

IMO OC+ and GH Maxi are great base nutes the truth lies in out plants!

ya i ment to say I was one saying allot of company's are riping people off, dont get me wrong some nute company's have great nutes, their just over priced. their are still nute additives that i refuse to get rid of because they work great.

Ive been trying to preach to others for a while about how to K.I.S.S. because ive learned the hard way. ive spent allot of money in my time on nutes and didnt get the best results then i switched to the GH Lucas formula and that was an eye opener! then after using the GH maxi dry nutes i realize allot more plus seeing ur grow really opened my eyes.

I will say this if you want to see something that will blow ur mind try the Green Fuse bloom additive, its really great stuff and it last for a while to its worth every penny. better then the Humboldt snow storm. silica is also great stuff.

its all about saving money on my grows and making things easy when feeding to me.

IMO OC+ and GH Maxi are great base nutes the truth lies in out plants!

I've heard that stuff called "ooze" is the next great bloom additive. I dunno.....

I'm gonna try alfalfa tea, maybe some ooze. Horse crap has too much N....great for early outdoor planting, but not good for indoor container grows.

I've heard that stuff called "ooze" is the next great bloom additive. I dunno.....

I'm gonna try alfalfa tea, maybe some ooze. Horse crap has too much N....great for early outdoor planting, but not good for indoor container grows.

bat shit is good also so is molasses, their tones of things that you can use but most are better for soil and not hydro. ive never heard of the ooze? i will keep an eyes out for that though. you should look into that green fuse i put my stamp of approval on it, i seen a few plants side by side with and with out and it made them allot more frosty. its amazing stuff and its organic but still dose great in hydro. i want to try their other products after seeing what the bloom did for my last grow during the last few weeks. this time i am going to use it once i see buds form like my buddy dose.

bat shit is good also so is molasses, their tones of things that you can use but most are better for soil and not hydro. ive never heard of the ooze? i will keep an eyes out for that though. you should look into that green fuse i put my stamp of approval on it, i seen a few plants side by side with and with out and it made them allot more frosty. its amazing stuff and its organic but still dose great in hydro. i want to try their other products after seeing what the bloom did for my last grow during the last few weeks. this time i am going to use it once i see buds form like my buddy dose.

I've got some samples of ooze....hopefully I can get some samples of green fuse too.

I love the idea of these types of bloom enhancers, because there are substances that can stimulate terpenes, resins, etc.

Here's something funny:
From the yellowbottles.com website:
Ooze Bloom uses cutting edge technology developed through extensive research and development. Based on commercial essential oil technology advanced through our research, we have been able to stimulate the terpenoid production natural bio stimulates. This is a combined with our proprietary combination of triacontanol, rare earth minerals, fulvic acid, vitamins and amino acids.

Ooze bloom stimulates secondary metabolites, which aid in the synthesis of terpenoids and polyphenolic compounds sometimes described as terpenophenolic compounds or prenylated polyketides. The bio-stimulates encourage geranyl pyrophosphate (GPP), isopentyl pyrophosphate (IPP) and dimethyl allyl pyrophosphate (DPP), which are responsible for the development of essential oils in flowering plants. Oozing results can be seen in five to six days. Ooze Bloom is highly concentrated at a 1:400 dillution ratio, the 1.06Qt bottle makes 100gal and the 2.64Qt bottle makes 250gal.

Now isn't that interesting? Triacontanol is what's in Alfalfa, lots of it along with minerals. I'll betcha I can come pretty dang close to ooze by taking a scoop of my horse's supplement, soaking it in water for a day or two and watering the plants.

I've got some samples of ooze....hopefully I can get some samples of green fuse too.

I love the idea of these types of bloom enhancers, because there are substances that can stimulate terpenes, resins, etc.

Here's something funny:
From the yellowbottles.com website:

Now isn't that interesting? Triacontanol is what's in Alfalfa, lots of it along with minerals. I'll betcha I can come pretty dang close to ooze by taking a scoop of my horse's supplement, soaking it in water for a day or two and watering the plants.

i bet you could come close to that. i know green fuse if from plant extracts but not too sure what all in it. i know its pretty constrated 3/4tsp per gallon

silica is also great stuff.
:bravo:Picked up on that tip when I was growing in the heart of the triangle.

Triacontanol is what's in Alfalfa, lots of it along with minerals.
No wonder the spy rock gurus told me to plant alfalfa on my plot before each season and then til it back in...Boy, I sure wish I had listened to that one too!:bongrip:

I think it was Setting Sun who mentioned some time ago that he'd purchased some of the Dynamite Organic. Don't know if he's tried it out at all.

The Dynamite organic and the Dynamite Mater Magic are not prilled CRF ferts.

They're powdered high-quality slow-release ferts that contain stuff like meat meal, which got rank very quick in passive hydro, at least for me.

They may work very well in soil, but I don't think they are meant to be used in soil-less media.

Smoke report:

The wife and I have been smoking the Skunk/Sour Diesel for a couple days. It's getting even better, no trace of green starting to stink and smell like the good stuff.

Due to the OC+, this weed is clean and smooth, doesn't make you cough, doesn't hurt the throat or lungs....it tastes really good.

So....after 4 hits, 10:30 at night, she's re-arranging her closet in a new "color coded" way. Big grin, laughing her head off. I'm watching.....Fox News? Huh? It's hilarious!

I love this stuff! I wish some of my 420 friends were around here, I've got samples for legal medical users!

Lucky Queen
Skunk/Sour D
Crazy ass Sativa freakweed.

final update:

Everything is dried, but not fully cured. I gave a sample to a mobile dispensary today....he bought the whole crop on the spot. I went home, weighed it out, took a few buds for myself and a friend and said bye bye.

This is very special smoke....very clean taste and a very clear headed buzz that ends in a sound sleep after 3 hours. No pain, no stiff joints....nothing but smiles.

Just over a pound dried from 8 plants. I didn't include the heirloom sativa.
IMG_10257.JPG

On another note. My new grow room is going to get built out in the next 2 weeks.
Here are some of the features:

3-4 1000 watt lights on 220 volts.
2 New Wave T5 lights
CO2
Proper ventilation, filters, etc.

We're going to grow in soil, mostly, with a couple hempys thrown in out of loyalty. I'll probably try Promix as well.

Osmocote Plus will be our base nutes, along with the micronutrient mix I made. For supplements, Snowstorm, Ooze, and possibly Gravity will be tried, along with alfalfa tea.

Even though hempys yield better and are easier, I do believe the soil plants taste better. Quality is what we're after....so we're gonna go with soil.

Also, since the next grow will be with a partner my journaling will be different. I'm going to post fewer updates and fewer pictures. Even though we're going to be totally legal in every way, we want to keep a lower profile for other reasons.

I'm taking what I've learned in my last 3 grows, and making it so we have seedlings and plants in varying degrees of flower at all times. I'd like to harvest a pound every 2 weeks....which I think I can do.

Oh....we'll be growing 12/12 from seed, so the first couple grows won't be a pound, because we'll be making seeds. No cuttings, no mother plants....I'm convinced seeds are the way to go!

Growing in this manner is really convenient:

1.)plants are easier to trim
2.) all lights are on the same cycle
3.) males can be sorted out while still in solo cups
4.) We'll start seedlings 2 weeks apart, sex, and transfer to a 1000 watt light, production style.

Back
Top Bottom