UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GSC

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Thanks buddy. Between work commitments and harvest chores I haven't had much time for anything else. It's been one helluva' a crazy week. :phew:

Every once in a while we need to remind ourselves that this is our hobby! :laughtwo: There are definately moments when it takes on the feel of a full-time job, and you already have one of those, don't you? Of course, all that money they pay you won't get you as mellowed out as that secret hobby, eh? Well worth the time.

But don't you stop sometimes and ask yourself if we really need to grow so many? I'm not going to be the first one to stop, mind you, but it makes me pause every now and then. :battingeyelashes:

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Posting this on both your journals as a little bump and just to say we miss you terribly UncleC. Hope all is well and come back soon. :thumb:

Hey Mate, we haven't heard from you for awhile, I hope all is well and its just work keeping you away. Also hope you have someone looking after your girls if work is keeping you away.

Look how special you are that we wander over here and peek through the cracks when you're traveling. :laughtwo: We miss you something fierce. :hug: :love:

Yep, I was sort of thinking we might just keep the place warm for you till you return. Colorado High does seem like a lovely fellow, but I'd hate to see this journal put on the back shelf.

We're such a team, watching each other's backs. :laughtwo:

Good night Weaselcracker. :hug: :love:

Ditto Ditto. Hope you are all good Unk..

Hey there friends. Apologies for being MIA for such a long spell. I had an interweb security breach where someone had hacked into my router so I thought it best to keep a low profile until I was able to get a new router set up and some additional security measures put in place. I've also been away for work quite a bit over the past several weeks so it took me a bit of time to get everything all sorted.

Anyways, after reading all of the messages that I've missed since my last visit I'm certainly feeling the love. :circle-of-love::thanks:

Hey there friends. Apologies for being MIA for such a long spell. I had an interweb security breach where someone had hacked into my router so I thought it best to keep a low profile until I was able to get a new router set up and some additional security measures put in place. I've also been away for work quite a bit over the past several weeks so it took me a bit of time to get everything all sorted.

Anyways, after reading all of the messages that I've missed since my last visit I'm certainly feeling the love. :circle-of-love::thanks:

And well you should. We've missed you dreadfully my friend. I'm giddy to be the first one to greet you. :love: :hug:

Big hugz :hug:

I'm giddy to be the second. Awesome.

LMAO!! You're always giddy. It must be that dank Pineapple Chunk. Giddy up!! :tokin:

Every once in a while we need to remind ourselves that this is our hobby! :laughtwo: There are definately moments when it takes on the feel of a full-time job, and you already have one of those, don't you? Of course, all that money they pay you won't get you as mellowed out as that secret hobby, eh? Well worth the time.

But don't you stop sometimes and ask yourself if we really need to grow so many? I'm not going to be the first one to stop, mind you, but it makes me pause every now and then. :battingeyelashes:

You took the words right out my mouth Sue. I've achieved what I initially set out to do and that was to save money by growing my own stash and to ensure that I was not ingesting any harmful chemicals.
I now have 8 different strains in jars and probably have enough stash jarred up to last me a couple of years yet I'm still searching for that one elusive and magical strain that will push all the right buttons, if it even exist.
I think of it like a surfer going down to the beach every day hoping to catch that once in a lifetime magical wave. :surf:
There's always a better wave but you won't get an opportunity to ride it if you're sitting at home on the couch. :)

Hey Unk; hope you don't mind... I have posted this on another thread in outdoor forums but thought I mite as well copy/paste for your opinion (and any of your subbies), which I consider valuable..
Have a Barneys Farm DSL outdoors, southern hemisphere, LOS, smart pots. Where I am, daylight is 13hrs 50 minutes and solstice is days away, like 3 days.
Thanks to security issues plant is in a shade house (30%) in a part of my yard that is not in full sun all day, and although sun is strong and bright, shade from boundary trees and the shade cloth limit full exposure all day. Probably in good direct light 6-8 hours a day.
Okay; problem is is that she's been flowering for a good month now, I'm assuming because of the light situation, which probably works out to be about 12/12.. So far, fair enough. Plant is green and healthy looking; still growing slowly but definitely flowering, only without the masses of pistils.. Like it's trying to reveg, but flowering is basically taking over. "Flowers" everywhere.
No problem there except that there is still supposed to be 2 months left of summer.
My question is: will this plant continue to flower as normal as the light starts to diminish, and finish normally but 3 months early; or will it basically rattle itself to pieces and never really flower properly, yet never really reveg either..
Just read about "Faux" or "Soft" flowering that can be expressed in 14/10 light schedules indoors; never heard of this and never seen this happen before outdoors (my first season on this property; would not be an issue but for tall trees on boundaries stopping good direct light for the first couple hours of the morning).
Is my plant a waste of effort at this point? I'm hanging on with crossed fingers at this point hoping for any buds....
Cheers. Hate to hijack but can't find any info on this anywhere. Adding lighting not an option.

Thanks in advance, Unk. I'm pretty sure you'll have some facts for me, even if it's not good news..

Hey there Santb. It's good to hear that you've got a girl in the ground. I'm assuming that you're growing a Barney's Farm LSD..?
Based on your explanation my guess would be that your girl is sexually mature and what you're seeing is pre-flowering or the start of flowering. As the days continue to get shorter the buds should begin to form (bud or flower set) and she'll stop stretching not long afterward.
The transition from veg to flower is not as quick when growing outdoors in natural sunlight and natural light cycles. When growing indoors we change the lighting period from 18 or 24 hours to only 13 hours or less which causes an almost instantaneous hormonal shift in the plant. When growing outdoors the light/dark period transition happens slowly which in turn also causes the hormonal changes in the plant to occur more slowly when compared to indoor lighting schedule manipulation when "flipping".

8 hours of direct sunlight with a shade cloth covering should provide enough sunlight for a decent yield. More light would provide higher yield but 8 hours of filtered sunlight per day should keep your girl happy and healthy.

:peace:

Final / Post Harvest Update –
As most of you are already aware, harvest for this round is complete and the buds have been curing for about 5 to 7 weeks or so. Before wrapping things up and moving this one to the completed journals section I’d like to share a few closing pics along with my 2 cents about the strains that were grown.

LSD – Barney’s Farm
Taste – Hashy Afghani type flavor with a nutty undertone.
Effect – Good for late afternoon / evening use. Very stoney (both cerebral and body) but not a couch lock feel. I like this one very much but new users or infrequent tokers should be careful with this one. She’s a powerhouse and should not be underestimated.
thumb_IMG_2839_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2843_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2842_1024.jpg

Vanilla Kush – Barney’s Farm
Taste – Very smooth smoke with a vanilla undertone. Awesome flavor.
Effect – Good for evening use. Very relaxed body buzz feel with strong couch lock characteristics. This one is perfect for insomnia.
thumb_IMG_2834_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2837_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2835_1024.jpg

LA Chocolat – DNA Genetics
Taste – Very smooth smoke with a chocolate like taste with undertones of mocha coffee. Very unique flavor.
Effect – Good anytime. A good balance between cerebral and body effect. Nice head high with a relaxed body buzz feel but no couch lock with this one. Very smooth take off and landing. This is some really nice dope.
thumb_IMG_2828_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2837_1024.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (Pheno #1) – BC Bud Depot
Taste – Very smooth and tasty. Sweet but not overly sweet with a spicy undertone. The flavor reminds me of a New Orleans style king cake.
Effect – Good anytime except mornings. A bit too stoney for wake and bake use on workdays. Perfect for wake and bake on weekends though. ☺
A good balance between cerebral and body effect. Nice head high with a relaxed body buzz feel but no couch lock. Very smooth take off and landing. This is some really nice dope. Anyone who bad mouths this strain has never tried it. It may not be “the real cookies” but who cares. If they would have named it anything else this would be a flagship strain for BC Bud Depot.
thumb_IMG_2845_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2848_1024.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (Pheno #2) – BC Bud Depot

Taste – Sweet but not overly sweet. Spicy undertone but less spicy than the other pheno. The flavor of this one has more of a sweet sativa taste with a bit of an acrid undertone. Very nice flavor.
Effect – Good for morning wake and bake and can be used throughout the day. More cerebral than body buzz but not overly racy and does not cause any paranoia. Due to it’s sativa tendencies it’s not a good one for late evening use unless you feel like watching late night infomercials instead of sleeping.
thumb_IMG_2852_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2854_1024.jpg

Jack Herer – Greenhouse Seed Co.
Taste – Taste like mid grade Mexican brick weed.
Effect – I have not been smoking this one due to the crappy taste. When I did sample the effect was average at best.
This one was a very vigorous plant with a very good yield and lovely buds. Unfortunately due to the flavor alone I would not recommend this one.
thumb_IMG_2822_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2826_1024.jpg

All jarred up.
thumb_IMG_2859_1024.jpg

Well that’s about all folks. I can hear the fat lady singing so I guess it’s time to close the curtains on this journal.

For those who may be interested in an extended joy ride, my current grow can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature.

Take care friends. :Namaste::peace:

Good to have you back in the Grove UncleC! Nice wrap up and I look forward to following the next one.

Thanks buddy. It's good to be back. :)

Back
Top Bottom