Using lights at night to speed up flowering

Do you know anything about preventing cutworms? They're a big problem here. I'm hoping to get them in a mesh tent during the day soon. Hoping that will keep the moths from laying eggs. Last year I had to hand pick the worms as they showed up.
I don't like the idea of spraying them, but if there's something that won't affect the taste, I'd try it.

Ye ok lisap :thumb:

I would not worry a great deal about a few leafs turning yellow & dropping off mainly if it is the lower fan leafs & that would pretty normal for the best of us growers.

Mmm soil PH probe ah, ya if it just a basic model you don't want to leave it in the soil for long periods of time as it buggers em up big time !

Best to wipe down the probe with a paper towel etc with every testing, a test should take about 15 to 30 mins per dip of probe to get a good reading... but you should get a different reading before feeding the plants and after & can be tested every 6 hours or so up to 24 hours, you may notice a PH change as time go's on & basically the soil PH buffers back to its ambient level over time.

Their are some minor things which might effect this over time... but gets long winded !

Any where between PH 6 & 7 should be just fine you can away with a little either side.

Cut worms ah & not my normal pest where i'm from i'll have to read up on those...

The type is Blueberry, they're short plants. I just measured the Ph with the probe, and it's at 7 on all of them today.

The optimum pH for cannabis grown in soil is, IIRC, 6.5. Although if you're measuring with one of those "3-in-1" light/moisture/pH things that are meant to be stabbed into the soil, many folks have found them next to useless and inaccurate - and you can find "basic" digital pH meters for $20 and up that will allow you to measure both the nutrient solution that you are giving your plants and the resulting runoff from the bottom of the pot and get a more accurate picture. I just did a quick search for a Milwaukee Instruments pH 600 and saw it for $22.99. I remember it as a decent "no-frills" meter - single-point manual calibration (you set it with pH7.01 calibration solution by adjusting with a little screwdriver), only reads to one decimal point and accuracy is ±.1, does not have ATC (automatic temperature calibration). I used one for, IDK, about a year or so before I upgraded to a Milwaukee Instruments pH56 - reads to .01, accurate to ±.05, has ATC, automatic three-point calibration, displays temperature of the nutrient solution, floats (IIRC) or is at least waterproof, great battery life, replaceable probe, etc. Although the listed accuracy was, as I mentioned, "only" ±.05, my buddy used to work in a municipal wastewater plant and I found it to be roughly as accurate as their $3,500 tabletop units - and it only cost me about $60, lol.

Hello, I am now watching the hairs turn color on the larger plant, not yet on the others. I guess they have their own agendas? I have a microscope for checking the trichomes and will do that soon.
I'm still putting them in the dark for 12 hours, all seems well. I have to figure out how to attach the pictures. I'm not checking the ph or much of anything, just feeding every other watering, and giving Cha Ching once a week etc. I plan to do the Fox Farm flush at the end.
The 12/12 really sped things up, I'm amazed. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom