Good grow light for strong supplemental light at night

Jhuck

So because I am starting this grow late in the year, I would like to get a half decent grow light, so I can roll the 5 autos and 5 photos that I am running into a small room at night and bathe them in supplemental light at night. I am not really looking to get some amazing high end light like spider farmer sf2000 YET ,if the experienced growers out there think I don't really need all that just for supplemental lighting. After this first grow I plan on having a closet and a tent , then I will definitely be looking for something with some serious coverage. I like the look of the kind , would that still be overkill? I figure if anything, a decent supplemental light will just kick ass now , and be a good addition to a large one later. So please, all you supergrowers please help me out, I do want at least a small high quality full spectrum led for this right? Or since it is supplemental only should I just blast them with hid's , and get my quality later? If I am going qaulity, which way to go? I will for one admit that Kind led most definitely makes it sound like they have stuff going on that other lights don't. I know Mr Cannuck favors spider farm. I can't say how many ppl I have seen using Mars hydro on forums, holy shit. Does anyone know if kind really has proprietary advantages like they say? Cause I have to admit looking at this thing in the picture makes me want to get it.

Hello @Jhuck Hope you are well my friend. Welcome to 420magazine.
The sponsors here will give you a deal on some industry leading equipment.
I've been using @ViparSpectra for years now.
I can pull a couple pounds a month in a 4x8 tent with their lights.
Consistent results, fantastic reliability.
Can't ask for more than that.
And their prices are very reasonable.

20210215_204159.jpg

20210502_210047.jpg

Get yourself a cheap p1000/1500 sounds like you dont want anything big and you could just use for seedlings clones later or wack in the tent when its up with another light.Sure @ViparSpectra have discounts on add the members discount also and your get a bargain even the p2000 has great deals right now.

Get yourself a cheap p1000/1500 sounds like you dont want anything big and you could just use for seedlings clones later or wack in the tent when its up with another light.Sure @ViparSpectra have discounts on add the members discount also and your get a bargain even the p2000 has great deals right now.
Ok. I am def just wanting a standby for now.

So because I am starting this grow late in the year, I would like to get a half decent grow light, so I can roll the 5 autos and 5 photos that I am running into a small room at night and bathe them in supplemental light at night. I am not really looking to get some amazing high end light like spider farmer sf2000 YET ,if the experienced growers out there think I don't really need all that just for supplemental lighting. After this first grow I plan on having a closet and a tent , then I will definitely be looking for something with some serious coverage. I like the look of the kind , would that still be overkill? I figure if anything, a decent supplemental light will just kick ass now , and be a good addition to a large one later. So please, all you supergrowers please help me out, I do want at least a small high quality full spectrum led for this right? Or since it is supplemental only should I just blast them with hid's , and get my quality later? If I am going qaulity, which way to go? I will for one admit that Kind led most definitely makes it sound like they have stuff going on that other lights don't. I know Mr Cannuck favors spider farm. I can't say how many ppl I have seen using Mars hydro on forums, holy shit. Does anyone know if kind really has proprietary advantages like they say? Cause I have to admit looking at this thing in the picture makes me want to get it.
I have owned the more expensive lights that are similar to KIND. Like this P900 for instance was $1150. Yes, it was a good light; but I got better yields with Mars Hydro. It may be unfair to compare them because the P900 was a Blurple light & the Mars is White Light. But as far as Bang for the Buck.... I could buy 4 Mars Hydro TSW 2000's for the price of 1 P900 & get way more yield & coverage. Expensive doesn't always mean better. A lot depends on the parts they use to build the light. @Nunyabiz can help you with info on building your own quality light if you're up to that. He's built some really nice ones.

GEDC5537.JPG

mars hydro tsl2000 .. 300 watts each high par out put light im using 3 in a 5 x 5 tent .. looking great so far..

Damned dude.... You're rockin' those LED's. I hope you're starting to have a different perspective of them now that you've tried them. Not saying they're as good as CMH. Just that you can get some really good grows using them.
Great looking Grow you got there !

I have owned the more expensive lights that are similar to KIND. Like this P900 for instance was $1150. Yes, it was a good light; but I got better yields with Mars Hydro. It may be unfair to compare them because the P900 was a Blurple light & the Mars is White Light. But as far as Bang for the Buck.... I could buy 4 Mars Hydro TSW 2000's for the price of 1 P900 & get way more yield & coverage. Expensive doesn't always mean better. A lot depends on the parts they use to build the light. @Nunyabiz can help you with info on building your own quality light if you're up to that. He's built some really nice ones.

GEDC5537.JPG
Awesome, thank you so much!

I have a couple cmh lights they work great. I have a Grow Co. and a DLS. Both work very well and the original bulbs have outlasted all of my LED panels. Both can be purchased on the Jungle website and I think they were each about $150.00 for the whole kit. The kit includes the 315 watt bulb, power cord, timer and adjustable hanging straps. It's the best way to go if you are looking for an inexpensive light that will give your plants all the light they need.

Ok, I don't even see the name of the company though

Ok great, I am not full setting up yet, does Google have any other issues?
I have a couple cmh lights they work great. I have a Grow Co. and a DLS. Both work very well and the original bulbs have outlasted all of my LED panels. Both can be purchased on the Jungle website and I think they were each about $150.00 for the whole kit. The kit includes the 315 watt bulb, power cord, timer and adjustable hanging straps. It's the best way to go if you are looking for an inexpensive light that will give your plants all the light they need.
This is a stupid question, but is the yields with cmh significantly higher than any led? Because although they have some cheaperish options out there, I am normally not one to get the cheapest thing on the market, and for that exact setup , I could get one HELL of an LED setup. ( They are like 250.00 a piece and I'd eventually want 2 for running 16 or more plants wouldn't I?

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=thereeldealge-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B07TVD1Y3K&asins=B07TVD1Y3K&linkId=b7fdbe616f6c333101382b9cbf3b1409&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=false&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff">
</iframe>

I wouldn't say that the yields are much higher. But they are on par with the LED's. At least the LED's I've used. I have a pair of Viparspectra PAR600's that are what I consider to be a decent LED light. I have had a few grows using them and a few grows using CMH as well. All were what I consider to be really nice grows. And what I consider nice is a grow with 4 plants that yield over a pound of nice bud. I've never used a really expensive LED light before, so I can't speak to those. But I have never had the desire to spend 500 to 1000 bucks for a light, especially since the 300 dollar and under lights work just fine for me. But I can say that CMH are good. Really good.

Lastly, if the budget is a problem, you can do pretty well with the cheaper Chinese LED's. My first indoor grow a few years ago was in a little 3x3 tent with a pair of King LED 800 Watt LED's. they were right around 100 bucks, but I just did a search on the Jungle site and they are now about 80 bucks. I think that grow netted me right around 1 lb. At the time, I thought that was great for a first indoor grow.

I wouldn't say that the yields are much higher. But they are on par with the LED's. At least the LED's I've used. I have a pair of Viparspectra PAR600's that are what I consider to be a decent LED light. I have had a few grows using them and a few grows using CMH as well. All were what I consider to be really nice grows. And what I consider nice is a grow with 4 plants that yield over a pound of nice bud. I've never used a really expensive LED light before, so I can't speak to those. But I have never had the desire to spend 500 to 1000 bucks for a light, especially since the 300 dollar and under lights work just fine for me. But I can say that CMH are good. Really good.

Lastly, if the budget is a problem, you can do pretty well with the cheaper Chinese LED's. My first indoor grow a few years ago was in a little 3x3 tent with a pair of King LED 800 Watt LED's. they were right around 100 bucks, but I just did a search on the Jungle site and they are now about 80 bucks. I think that grow netted me right around 1 lb. At the time, I thought that was great for a first indoor grow.
Awesome thank you so much! And if you don't mind me asking, who do you like for good autoflower strains? I made the mistake of ordering my photo and auto seeds from Crop King because they accepted PayPal, and I didn't have any of the other weird payment methods most of these sites wanted, I may prefer some autos from a diff company, it's probably too late in the year to even think of trying to order and run photos outdoors, huh ? I live in the Florida panhandle, it's a humid subtropical climate.

And what is this jungle site that you speak of? Can you post a link?

Awesome thank you so much! And if you don't mind me asking, who do you like for good autoflower strains? I made the mistake of ordering my photo and auto seeds from Crop King because they accepted PayPal, and I didn't have any of the other weird payment methods most of these sites wanted, I may prefer some autos from a diff company, it's probably too late in the year to even think of trying to order and run photos outdoors, huh ? I live in the Florida panhandle, it's a humid subtropical climate.
Unfortunately, I have never grown autos before. So I'm not much help there.

Back
Top Bottom