Supplemental outdoor lighting to stop flowering

PsillyRabbit

My old lady gets 2 hours of light at night to keep her vegging. ( Old mother planted outdoors) Today is 10 weeks from October 1st AKA NE mold season. She wants at least 10 weeks to get real nicce. I know I should stop the light now but I want atleast 2 more weeks of veg or at least until august 1st.
Anyone else out there using supplemental outdoor lighting at night? What do you do?

What do you do?
I don't do any supplemental lighting but my suggestion is to keep it up for the next 2-3 weeks. Then turn it off and let the plant do its thing as the nights get longer, loosing about 2 minutes a day.

from October 1st AKA NE mold season
Start spraying now as a preventative. The spores can land on the plant, start growing, and not be noticeable for several weeks which will make it harder to take care of any problem.

I fucked this grow up by not giving her the supplemental light from day one.I spent 60 days dancing from veg to flower to veg. i had other shit goin on at the time... Because of that i only hit around half the desired size. Still a fun grow. (two supplemental plants on the side)

jul21a.jpeg

Anyone else out there using supplemental outdoor lighting at night? What do you do?
pretty confident that @cbdhemp808 uses gas lantern routine in outdoor greenhouse grows in Hawaii.

Yeah I'm using it... works like a charm to prevent flowering. Gas lantern routine is the old school term for it. The modern term is night interruption lighting.

I'd like to make a distinction here... "supplemental lighting" means you are extending the daylight hours, either by using lighting at dawn, dusk, or both. I think most people would also agree, "supplemental lighting" implies "photosynthetic lighting" – i.e. you are simulating sunlight with electric lights, meaning high-wattage. In contrast, night interruption lighting is low-powered and simply requires a brief flash of light.

I use night interruption lighting in my veg greenhouse. I have a bunch of 13w daylight spectrum LED bulbs strung up, and they go on for 5 minutes automatically at 12 midnight, 2am, and 4am. The lights need to be positioned so that the light is reaching all parts of the plants. Sometimes lower branches don't get enough light, and then you'll see flowering starting on those lower branches. This is usually very minimal and I never worry about it.

My old lady gets 2 hours of light at night to keep her vegging. ( Old mother planted outdoors) Today is 10 weeks from October 1st AKA NE mold season. She wants at least 10 weeks to get real nicce. I know I should stop the light now but I want atleast 2 more weeks of veg or at least until august 1st.
Anyone else out there using supplemental outdoor lighting at night? What do you do? Myself I usually let mother nature and the plants do their thing it could go into the frost season think about a shade cloth for late season cold nights and mornins depends on your climate ✌️

Back
Top Bottom