Grow Lights and Sunshine - OK to do both?

LizC

Hi All,
I live in Nova Scotia, and this year, our growing season outdoors has been a real shitbag. Record breaking non-stop rainfall, high humidity way into autumn, moths, aphids, and mold. I started my seeds (Biscotti, Chocolope, and Chocolate Mint OG) in April, and grew them under lights until I could put them outside. They have grown beautifully outdoors, through all of the wet buggy BS. We were in the path of hurricane Lee, so we set them up in the garage with 3 grow lights on a timer, 2 fans and 2 dehumidifiers. They were in early flower, and decided to keep them in there. They now are getting close to harvest, and wondered if a day in the sunshine and then back under lights to finish the 12/12 is good or bad for my plants? I wonder if it's helpful or stressful? I also have an aphid problem... see, shitbag LOL.

They now are getting close to harvest, and wondered if a day in the sunshine and then back under lights to finish the 12/12 is good or bad for my plants?
Sunshine is great for the plant. Full on best way to get the benefits of photosynthesis. The downside that I see is moving them in and out can sometimes cause little accidents like dropping a pot or banging the top of the plant into a doorway or....

Sunshine is great for the plant. Full on best way to get the benefits of photosynthesis. The downside that I see is moving them in and out can sometimes cause little accidents like dropping a pot or banging the top of the plant into a doorway or....
Thanks. No worries on any mishaps. They are in 20 gal cloth pots and easy for us to move in and out of the garage.

Hi All,
I live in Nova Scotia, and this year, our growing season outdoors has been a real shitbag. Record breaking non-stop rainfall, high humidity way into autumn, moths, aphids, and mold. I started my seeds (Biscotti, Chocolope, and Chocolate Mint OG) in April, and grew them under lights until I could put them outside. They have grown beautifully outdoors, through all of the wet buggy BS. We were in the path of hurricane Lee, so we set them up in the garage with 3 grow lights on a timer, 2 fans and 2 dehumidifiers. They were in early flower, and decided to keep them in there. They now are getting close to harvest, and wondered if a day in the sunshine and then back under lights to finish the 12/12 is good or bad for my plants? I wonder if it's helpful or stressful? I also have an aphid problem... see, shitbag LOL.
Sorry. I meant everyday into the sunshine and then back under lights. We are in for some rain and the nights are misty and getting quite cool. My fear is mold at this point.

Sorry. I meant everyday into the sunshine and then back under lights. We are in for some rain and the nights are misty and getting quite cool. My fear is mold at this point.

what are your temps ? a typical cdn outdoor needs finished by wk two of october. we have killing frosts starting right now on the prairies.

east coast fall starts wet and ends with ice.

Hi All,
Ahh our lovely east coast weather : ) Same crap here in Newfoundland. I only grow indoors because of this. Good luck with the rest of your grow :ganjamon:

what are your temps ? a typical cdn outdoor needs finished by wk two of october. we have killing frosts starting right now on the prairies.

east coast fall starts wet and ends with ice.
Usually, yes, but this fall is extremely warm.

16971336323842380156377562630607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom