Good grow light for strong supplemental light at night

I wouldn't say that the yields are much higher. But they are on par with the LED's. At least the LED's I've used. I have a pair of Viparspectra PAR600's that are what I consider to be a decent LED light. I have had a few grows using them and a few grows using CMH as well. All were what I consider to be really nice grows. And what I consider nice is a grow with 4 plants that yield over a pound of nice bud. I've never used a really expensive LED light before, so I can't speak to those. But I have never had the desire to spend 500 to 1000 bucks for a light, especially since the 300 dollar and under lights work just fine for me. But I can say that CMH are good. Really good.

Lastly, if the budget is a problem, you can do pretty well with the cheaper Chinese LED's. My first indoor grow a few years ago was in a little 3x3 tent with a pair of King LED 800 Watt LED's. they were right around 100 bucks, but I just did a search on the Jungle site and they are now about 80 bucks. I think that grow netted me right around 1 lb. At the time, I thought that was great for a first indoor grow.
Be very careful with the cheap knockoff LED's. I had the electrical components melt on the inside of them & start smoking. Good thing I wasn't asleep or I may have had a fire. That's when I switched to the mid range priced lights like Vipar & Mars. Never had an issue with those.

Be very careful with the cheap knockoff LED's. I had the electrical components melt on the inside of them & start smoking. Good thing I wasn't asleep or I may have had a fire. That's when I switched to the mid range priced lights like Vipar & Mars. Never had an issue with thos

I am gonna go mid quality, thinking of a medium sized viperspectra atm
You can't go wrong with a Viparspectra. I have on in my clone tent now. The one on the left is a ViparSpectra PAR600 and it works great. The one on the right Is a DLS 315W CMH. It also works great and I've never had a problem with either of them. I think they are both 3 years old now.

Back
Top Bottom