Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I've been there, but thankfully my girls were all tucked away up a mountainside that was more work to climb than was frankly worth it 3 times a year, let alone weekly or, gasp, daily. It didn't always seem a benefit at the time but in retrospect, I'm sure it was because I would have likely lost my mind or hurt the plants constantly trying to address issues real and perceived. D, I wonder if the plants respond to temps as an overarching trigger for different metabolic states they have at their disposal, regardless of the development level they may be at. It may simply be too complex an operation, and not worth it often enough, for a plant to weigh out the pros and cons of possible response scenarios. With everything being on sort of a 'one week as the fastest fundamental change rate' possible, perhaps simply following the weather, climate, ie temps and barometer is the more successful response tactic. I certainly don't know, but my reading of late seems to be in part suggestive of this, so it's on my mind. If I recall correctly, all those years ago we anticipated essentially a 50% loss rate. That's why we literally took six weeks of our lives and devoted them to absolutely riddling the deep wilderness with mature clones every May/June in locations accessible only by private watercraft and a steep hike. Returning each fall, (although in some cases never returning and constantly imagining these huge trees covered in glistening bud, alone in the wilderness never to be set eyes on again and be harvested was a trip of its own) it was always very exciting to finally reach each site and discover what fate had befallen a plant. If memory serves we did better than 50% 8/8 seasons, but for a couple, it was pretty close. My job, my responsibility, was transportation and trans-related scheduling, so I have to tell you, I was pretty excited to reach plant sites regardless of the outcome, because it meant that my contribution, a dang big one if I do say so, at least was successful. It's been a wonderful journal my friend, a real solid contribution you should be proud of and you've shared some important info with a lot of growers, and more. We're grateful.

Your words have profound resonance brother. I have so much respect for everyone that hustled in the mountains during prohibition.

I find myself asking every morning, what if? What if! And that’s where the anxiety kicks in. I see sooo many peps here growing outstandingly and with such precision, I want to be able to do that and I know I can, but the setting and setup… I don’t have it. I need land.

I have already learned my lesson, depend on myself and rely on no one. I decided my 2023 outdoor grow will be in the mountain somewhere not on a “friends” back yard or closet, not in the house I rent. I need space and I need tranquility. I know pictures are only binary but its got sooooo freaking hard for the past month, I had the thoughts of just scrapping all this shit and meditate, but I AM A STONER and I want my weed.

After having 15 plants only 1 is at the harvest stage. That’s way below 50% mark brother. It’s daunting but it’s true. I know I have more seeds and I know life goes on and plants live and die, but I’m holding on because it is my comeback grow and I made the mistake of creating expectations, I now know that was where I made the original mistake.

:Namaste:

Your words have profound resonance brother. I have so much respect for everyone that hustled in the mountains during prohibition.

I find myself asking every morning, what if? What if! And that’s where the anxiety kicks in. I see sooo many peps here growing outstandingly and with such precision, I want to be able to do that and I know I can, but the setting and setup… I don’t have it. I need land.

I have already learned my lesson, depend on myself and rely on no one. I decided my 2023 outdoor grow will be in the mountain somewhere not on a “friends” back yard or closet, not in the house I rent. I need space and I need tranquility. I know pictures are only binary but its got sooooo freaking hard for the past month, I had the thoughts of just scrapping all this shit and meditate, but I AM A STONER and I want my weed.

After having 15 plants only 1 is at the harvest stage. That’s way below 50% mark brother. It’s daunting but it’s true. I know I have more seeds and I know life goes on and plants live and die, but I’m holding on because it is my comeback grow and I made the mistake of creating expectations, I now know that was where I made the original mistake.

:Namaste:
You are doing fantastic, my friend! Especially considering the move.

Bravo!

The Jadam inputs with the highest iron levels are
Chickweed (163.9 ppm),
HorseTailFern (6.74),
dill (6.19),
apple fruit (6.18),
lambs quarter (5.78)
I can find chickweed, I know exactly.
1663376397433.jpeg

And horsetail, can I get more horsetail, yes I can.
:passitleft:

but the setting and setup… I don’t have it. I need land.
Well, Jeepers, now I feel bad for mentioning my greenhouse, being able to take plants back to the beaver dam, etc.
I can't imagine trying this any other place - I know when I get too old to stay here....there better be a retirement home with a biiiiiiiiggggg courtyard!!!! :rofl:

Well, Jeepers, now I feel bad for mentioning my greenhouse, being able to take plants back to the beaver dam, etc.
I can't imagine trying this any other place - I know when I get too old to stay here....there better be a retirement home with a biiiiiiiiggggg courtyard!!!! :rofl:

There should be community gardens where one could grow cannabis, or better yet a company that can supply grow room/space for hire. I would totally subscribe to a membership like that. Grab a self storage unit and rent out grow spaces. LoL

Don’t feel bad at all for being able to accommodate your plants. I think it’s freaking cool and I like the use of wheels underneath the grow pots, it’s a game changer.

How are your ladies doing?

There should be community gardens where one could grow cannabis, or better yet a company that can supply grow room/space for hire. I would totally subscribe to a membership like that. Grab a self storage unit and rent out grow spaces. LoL

Don’t feel bad at all for being able to accommodate your plants. I think it’s freaking cool and I like the use of wheels underneath the grow pots, it’s a game changer.

That’s a great idea! Now how to insure it…and security…gots me thinkin…

So far they are looking good, I think!! My wife is making me go on a trip for 4 days so they will be in the greenhouse - all by themselves!!! But they are easier to keep track of than your unruly bunch!!! :rofl: :yahoo:

That’s a great idea! Now how to insure it…and security…gots me thinkin…

It’s not such a bad idea.

So here is the raw idea, let’s say legislation is not an issue… let’s imagine a self storage facility you pay per year a grow space, they also sell you insurance.
You get to secure you door with your own lock (same rules as a self storage unit). And the company renting the place should supply its own security systems like cameras and the occasional guard.
You could up sell the grow space by supplying clean up service after harvest, or sell you a package that includes licensing to grow and clean up…

I mean for that to happen the recreational market needs to expand and look at ways to make money not looking at just the flower but everything around growing. It could well be run by the government, this way people can “respect” their allowance to grow.

I think of that since we are living in the times where anything can be rented and there are thousands of apps renting anything from tools, to cars, boat, planes, land… not people (yet).

So far they are looking good, I think!! My wife is making me go on a trip for 4 days so they will be in the greenhouse - all by themselves!!! But they are easier to keep track of than your unruly bunch!!! :rofl: :yahoo:

4 days isn’t so bad a week and I’m stressing. And if you got the greenhouse they good. Dump a good watering right before you leave and try not to overthink lol

So here is the raw idea, let’s say legislation is not an issue… let’s imagine a self storage facility you pay per year a grow space, they also sell you insurance.
You get to secure you door with your own lock (same rules as a self storage unit). And the company renting the place should supply its own security systems like cameras and the occasional guard.
You could up sell the grow space by supplying clean up service after harvest, or sell you a package that includes licensing to grow and clean up…

I mean for that to happen the recreational market needs to expand and look at ways to make money not looking at just the flower but everything around growing. It could well be run by the government, this way people can “respect” their allowance to grow.

I think of that since we are living in the times where anything can be rented and there are thousands of apps renting anything from tools, to cars, boat, planes, land… not people (yet).

Sounds good as long as you don't live in Quebec.
Start-up sounds expensive and there will be individual lighting requirements which would mean a meter for every unit. I would definitely ask for a deposit in case someone loses their whole batch. I guess that you would also need enough back-up generators.
I would consider it if I was 10 years younger.

Sounds good as long as you don't live in Quebec.
Start-up sounds expensive and there will be individual lighting requirements which would mean a meter for every unit. I would definitely ask for a deposit in case someone loses their whole batch. I guess that you would also need enough back-up generators.
I would consider it if I was 10 years younger.

I mean it wouldn’t draw more power than any of Tilrays massive facilities (that produce crap) and Quebec should be getting on it since they produce all the power for half the country and part of the states.

It ain’t the hardest thing on a legislative agenda, it’s just politician are not creative at making economies run properly. Why let people grow in their house if you can create public facilities for people to grow, and it’s easier to tax people and regulate them.

I don’t know I just smoked a bowl 7:30 am Nanaimo time. LoL

How’s you doing Scott?

I could possibly sign on to all of that. Except that I’m an American and the idea of “gaining” any added “respect” from anything contributing to greater government is a hard no. But I could be misunderstanding you. As an American, “limited” government is hardwired into my programming. :laugh:

I could possibly sign on to all of that. Except that I’m an American and the idea of “gaining” any added “respect” from anything contributing to greater government is a hard no. But I could be misunderstanding you. As an American, “limited” government is hardwired into my programming. :laugh:

Yeah I feel you, American laws and goverment are a different beast than your canadian counterparts (we got some "limited" minded people calling the shots too). If anything like this would ever happen it would be way down the line maybe end of the decade kinda thing... and it would only serve recreational market.

I would always want to grow my own, and if a facility can offer me a guarantee that mid thru my grow I dont have to DIG my plants out and dump them in the bush... LOL. I would be down to hire a grow room, even if it cost something like 1,000$ a year or something...

I mean it wouldn’t draw more power than any of Tilrays massive facilities (that produce crap) and Quebec should be getting on it since they produce all the power for half the country and part of the states.

It ain’t the hardest thing on a legislative agenda, it’s just politician are not creative at making economies run properly. Why let people grow in their house if you can create public facilities for people to grow, and it’s easier to tax people and regulate them.

I don’t know I just smoked a bowl 7:30 am Nanaimo time. LoL

How’s you doing Scott?
Fantastic, man! I just finished my first SIP and am about to post it on SIP thread and my journal. I too smoked before doing it, was looking for the washer I just hade just to realize that I was holding it in my left gloved hand along with my right glove. Had to look in 3 previous places befrore I figured it out! :rofl:

Legislation means alot of red tape. I don't know how old/young you are but I would be too old to bother with a start up at 60ish.

Take care, brother.
Cheers!

I think we should start a SIP thread. We've got comments and ideas floating around 3 or 4 different threads right now and it would be helpful, I think, to have a central one we can all cross post to.

I'll get it set up in a bit.

The Clones
It’s all good news today, actually many things are happening with these phenos. No signs of pest, no sign of PM or bud rot, also no major signs of nutrient deficiency. All of the Personal Sativa clones are starting to bud and that is a great news. Xenomoprh clones are sizing up the buds it’s just getting better every week, you will see two different phenos one has more signs of stress (yellowing leaf) because she is in a small pot, the other clones are green super healthy they are in the ground. So for the purpose of breeding many scenarios are happening we got phenos in pots, phenos in the ground. Also let’s trace it back to early when I had a pheno that got sick got isolated treated then is now here like I suspected it’s a male (great news I wanted seeds), it’s an outstanding male has gone thru a lot and has overcome finally showing his balls, the cons about him he is a freaking late flowering genotype and that sucks. I did bending on his brave soul so if the pollination is gonna happen I don’t want it to be too crazy I just need a handful of seeds from each. Hopefully this happens if it hasn’t already been done.
63FC0A67-94D7-46BE-A1FB-3F7A7862533A.jpeg
9F31CBDB-23CB-410B-8ECB-BE3732CE82ED.jpeg
2C8A6A77-65C1-4AD2-8046-F9B3C275647E.jpeg
A75C99C0-6C7D-4FD4-BE80-88A29F30F319.jpeg
238AA87C-AE0D-405B-8839-A5DDDA3C4EDF.jpeg
C1FC66C6-1FAD-4B59-A668-954DFC9403A4.jpeg
6212983B-CB68-4E9F-82C8-1013E645C0C9.jpeg
81757785-4D6C-416A-B2DC-5DEFFBA7F14E.jpeg
FFC86841-4691-4A4C-805E-C2687F2741EF.jpeg
7B792624-661B-465E-B87F-97BBE2500D25.jpeg

I couldn't even think how you growing outside. It be a death sentence to ground here. Nothing but sand and clay. And hard as a brick. You couldn't dig down 6" here without hole digger. And better have a powerful one. Cause you hit a rock. Done.. mountains suck for growing. But valleys. Are rich rich soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom