Vegging and misting questions?

GreenBeans

I really wanted people's thoughts on this. How long do you veg your plants for? I started at vegging for 4 weeks and then moved it to something like 35 days of vegging before moving to bloom. (soil grow) Now I am thinking it would be better to veg for 6 weeks.

How long does everyone veg for?

How long do veg your clones? Or do you just go straight to 12/12?

What is the big deal with misting your plants? If they grow outdoors they get rained on, right? I have good ventilation and low humidity. TIA

I have a large enough space to grow to about 7 feet tall so that isn't too much of a big deal. Hubby and I have been using bag seed to make sure we kinda have a good understanding of what we are doing, but this week we are getting a better lighting system and buying seeds.

i veg for two months or so, I grow in soil, and I have about a 5ft tall room, i usually have to tie the tops down some in flower but alls good : )

I really wanted people's thoughts on this. How long do you veg your plants for? I started at vegging for 4 weeks and then moved it to something like 35 days of vegging before moving to bloom. (soil grow) Now I am thinking it would be better to veg for 6 weeks.

How long does everyone veg for?

How long do veg your clones? Or do you just go straight to 12/12?

What is the big deal with misting your plants? If they grow outdoors they get rained on, right? I have good ventilation and low humidity. TIA

As far as how long to veg: basically as long as you can without going too high. What is too high? Most strains stretch 30-60% AFTER going to 12/12. So if your room is 8 foot ceilings, with a light and pot included, you're likely somwhere around 5-6 feet vertical growing area. So if the plant is 2 feet tall when you flower it will end up 6 feet and be too tall.

To simplify the rule: 1 to 3. If its 1 foot tall when it starts 12/12 - it will probably be 3 feet tall at harvest.

Re the misting: there are a couple of reasons it can be tricky (although not really). You don't want to do it under direct light. It will burn your plants. Also, when the plants receive nutes that way, they arrive in higher concentrations, so you need to be more careful in your measurements. And last but not least, if you leave a film on the plants you didn't want, then it will block stomata and restrict the plants ability to transpire and breathe.

Back
Top Bottom