Very strange calyx, hermaphrodite?

Inkdot

Hello everyone.

I'm on the tenth day of 12/12 of my very first grow. I got two plants, one is definately a healthy female. The other is growing alot of white pistils from the top calyxes but one node down and lower the flowering sites look very strange.

Untitled-162.jpg

This is the best close up I could get with my phone camera. I can post more pictures later but have to run to work now.

The genetics are unknown but I'm 90% sure it's Maroccan outdoor weed perhaps with some Pakistani genes also. I'm growing in soil using a 45 W LED array (red:eek:range:blue, 7:blushsmile:1) and two 65 W CFL.

I guess my big question is, do I have a hermie? And if so what should I do? Appreciate any input. Thanks!

Sorry my man....well both of you....the pic was awesome though...for your question so thanx...

Damn! Thats bad news.

I wanna keep it and use for hashish and butter but I only have lightsources and room for one growplace since I live in a pretty small flat.

Do you think I should kill it and carry on with one plant? Will a hermie pollinate everything? I can live with some seeds but I also want some bud to smoke.

Anyway, just got some feminized Tangerine Dream from Barneys in Amsterdam. First and last time I bother with unknown seeds. This time I started with four plants, one showed male signs in the middle of vegging so I killed it. My first confirmed female I managed to kill while transplanting (I dropped it and turned it to canna-goo). Second confirmed female is LST:d and quite big and happy but the hermie is so dense and healthy and beautiful, dark green perfect leaves... gonna cry when/if I kill it. :(

:Namaste: for the help.

Hey man. Same problem here. Also wondering if a hermie is likely to pollinate everything around it? With mine I can't even locate the male flowers !

You could cut it out.. Perhaps graft in a new lateral bud? Or graft in a new plant to your roots, Works best for me, why waste a possible bud site when you have such a perfectly good specimen to work with.

You could cut it out.. Perhaps graft in a new lateral bud? Or graft in a new plant to your roots, Works best for me, why waste a possible bud site when you have such a perfectly good specimen to work with.

Please explain more. I have a small cloned female running under a normal 15W CFL in my kitchen. Could i graft that to the root system of my big hermie? The stem dimensions are of very different diameters.

Please tell me more about these techniques! :green_heart:

All my plants are sleeping now but tomorrow I can take some more photos of the grow space, the hermie and my small clone. And you guys can advise based on that info what I can do.

Thanks for any help! :Namaste:

To answer your question on how, I need to resort to my text's.

Take notice to the diagrams for they are in a sense, self explanatory.

These techniques work for gymnosperms and angiosperms, Herbaceous and woody etc etc.. Works great if you ave a male that you are about to chop, put a "clipping" in the freshly cut stock and use the roots. For example, you could literally have 4 or more different strain's growing from one plant.

grafting in a "Node"
IMG_16117.JPG

Simple grafting
IMG_16065.JPG

IMG_16054.JPG
IMG_16084.JPG
IMG_16096.JPG
IMG_16106.JPG

To answer your question on how, I need to resort to my text's.

Take notice to the diagrams for they are in a sense, self explanatory.

These techniques work for gymnosperms and angiosperms, Herbaceous and woody etc etc.. Works great if you ave a male that you are about to chop, put a "clipping" in the freshly cut stock and use the roots. For example, you could literally have 4 or more different strain's growing from one plant.

Thats freaking awesome! Have you ever done grafting succesfully with cannabis?

I knew I should have waited to kill the herm. Now its too late to try but I'll try it for sure next time I get a male or hermie.

Thank you for taking the time to upload those pictures. Much appreciated!

I have had it work "scion->stock" But it is all the same, these are very hardy plants spite everyone saying that the slightest thing will "hurt" them.

Thanks for the pictures!

Guess what? After I killed the hermie I gathered all the tiny flower pieces and budtips at the end of each branch, cut them up, and dried quick. Then I smoked it, as a funeral ritual more then an attempt to get high...

I basically rolled the whole plant up into a medium sized joint and smoked it, tasted like shit but I did it for my ritual. And guess what? I'm BLASTED! Lol!!!

After only a week flowering!?? WHAT!? Lol! Hehehehe! :bigtoke:

Anyway, feel pretty cool to be high on your own grow for the first time. :)

Hey sorry im late to the party, but I feel that you might get some info out of this!!!

Hermaphroditic Cannabis - YouTube

I have grown from hermie seeds and I have a 100% female rate right now!!! 6-0 so far!!!

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom