Views on Brexit and legalising?

triggz2k15

Hey there everyone,
Just wondering what your thoughts are with legalising mj in the u.k? I wonder if the leave from the e.u will give brits getting a chance at legalisation. Anyone know of any goings on or movements looking for more exposure should post here. Let's get the ball rolling for the English growers and tokers towards a more leanient stance on mj.
All comments views and criticism is welcome, all knowledge is good knowledge!
I have posted this in the u.k thread under the Europe section but as seems a bit inactive thought id post here aswel.
Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

I will say legalization is making its way around the world. Canada next spring will be legal. Since doing that, I can assume the United States won't be too far behind with the success of medicinal and recreational in several states. With the move with the UK out of the EU, I could see it happening there as well. Granted I don't read a ton of your news and politics from across the pond but one can be optimistic. Good start to this thread as I'm curious as to what others think as well. :thumb:

Hey there,

Yes I also would like to see other peoples opinion on the matter, like you say it is happening all over the world at this very time. Canada looks like it is a definitely, but not going to say it until it passed and fully legal. these governments like to change their mind a lot.
hopefully this thread will get a good response, it should in my opinion as it affects a lot of people who visit this site. If only everyone would stand up and be counted for, the ones in power would have to listen then. But that's a different matter for a different thread lol ;)

Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

I believe it will. Countries and states will see the example of Colorado/California and see all the positive effects its having on the community and the economy. Its going to happen, just don't know when.

I'm just hoping that it's soon as we're missing out on a great business opportunity as well as the other benefits of legalisation. I'm not sure how the current govt lineup would feel towards that sort of move though, they probably don't have it high on their list of priorities exactly because of Brexit.

Hey there everyone,
Good to see people responding to this thread :)

I hope the u.k does follow the us with a more tolerant stance even if its just for medicinal purposes, purely just for the fact of how many peoples lives it would better. Just think how many people in the U.K use for a medical purpose then think of how many of them don't feel comfortable or don't have the means or space to grow their own supply, that go to drug dealers, be it on the street to a lil want to be gangster or in the comfort of their homes from their best since 4years old. It's still money going into the drug trade, we don't know where so and so gets their stash from and who they get theirs off and so on. This can but not always but can lead all the way to the scum of the earth. So when the government just shake off legalising is beyond me. That's how many millions gbp back into the economy, and this isn't even considering recreational. If that was to be considered too then then pure revenue alone should be enough to make their greedy eyes ping open with glee! IMO at this very time with the brexit and worry of U.K state of economy , this surely would be as good as time as any to get a boost in revenue and job creation??? If I can sit here and think of this on a Friday night blazing away lol ;) makes you wonder why haven't they done it yet, what have they got to lose where this doesn't benefit, or does the current situation benefit more??? IE more arrests from people caught with cannabis more jail time ( and as iv said before prisons are for profit!) more fines and more seizers of growers and they say they destroy it, or do they already sell cannabis and sell all the evidence back to the streets??? thus earning them a tidy sum and legalising not been better off??? I don't know,, just putting stuff out there,, food for thought is all. Just makes you wonder why they wouldn't be even considering this, with the rest of the world all jumping on the wagon.

Anyway I feel as if iv been rambling again haha ;)
take it easy and thanks for the replies so far.

Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

I can't see any way how that gram per gram of medicine produced of THC or CBD can be costlier than the equivalent of a chemical compound created. Seems foolish not to at least consider it from that angle alone, then the business created on top is a bonus. It's more about a stigma than money, but that stigma holds no value in modern society, not when the value of legalising it is additional to society in even more ways than monetarily. :passitleft:

It's true , I doubt we will ever legalise it for medicinal or recreation. A petition was discussed in the house of commons early this year and was dismisses due to grounds of cannabis being bad for health and the mind etc. Absolute crap. We keep hearing statements from different county police forces stating they take a relaxed approach to growing and smoking in public it's weird. There's one village where the police just don't bother with it whatsoever and have openly stated they don't care if people grow a plant or two. Hopefully that attitude continues north south west and east. I read years ago that around 65% of fellow UK residents use/used cannabis.

It sadens me how many people view this plant ( wonder plant) in a negative way. I recon if everyone knew how many lives this plant could change, I mean just the quality of life in some seriously ill people increases ten fold. Anyone I speak with any where all over the u.k , I haven't met someone that hasn't been affected by a illness or a loved ones illness that cannabis could help. I truly believe that if the people knew the truth and didn't see it as something want to be gangster teenagers are selling on the corner but as a medicinal plant that has soooo many uses, that there would be protests all over the country. People would demand it legal. I mean yeah it can be abused and some people go over the top but so can pork pies lol I mean I see more fat people than people who abuse cannabis. It's more about how much it can help people, I'm going to learn the process of making oil in the next few years to help seriously ill members of my community, legal or not by then I will do it and I will help people. The prohibition needs to stop!
Hoping everyone is in good health and spirit.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A new report was released last week i believe in support of medical marijuana for i believe it was 60 medical conditions.
But it is all at a snails pace.
Its misinformation, people have this negative image of cannabis but dont regard the painkillers or antidepressants that they take daily in the same respect purely because they are legal. My story for instance from my mid teens i suffered from back pain, the doctors answer, opiate painkillers and would of quite happily left me to this indefinitely until i started self medicating and i will never look back

I'm glad to hear that, do you have a link I can check out please. You said manic so many people blindly following the law and taking what ever a "credible " doctor gives them. The pharmaceutical industry has alot to answer for imo. Probably why it'd going through so slow, they make far too much money treating illness, I believe that they have the attitude that treating a illness is more profitable than curing it, but then again I do get paranoid lol. Glad to hear you got away from those opioid based medication mate they are evil. As a ex herion addict I know only too well the withdrawal symptoms that go hand in hand with any long term opioid use. Way to go bro . Keep clean and keep it green .
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Thankyou manic that was defo an interesting little read, I mean the report said it spot, the fact that the UK classified it as a drug with no medical benifits is irrational. Hopefully the "barnes" report gets the ball rolling, it does sound hope full but so did the last time lol.
Thanks again dude.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

The FDA and DEA are the same aswell, last month they denied a request to reschedule cannabis saying they still believe it holds no medicinal benefit which is crazy given the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom