Visualize Whirrled Peas: A Perpetual Garden By 013

this is kinda my game plan for no cough / low cough solutions. Love terps as much as anyone but I hate the hack and cough from smoking. Cobs are great too but they’re pretty muted in taste & terps, the only other thing about cobs I don’t like is the consistency is different so they don’t burn well in a preformed cone, yeah, no, and I’m not doing the whole european spliff thing with tobacco to make it burn better… nope not a chance!

Pulled SSH on Feb 14, she was in hempy bucket of pumice & perlite. I removed hardside plastic container and raked away all the media that wasn’t bound up tight by the rootball.

I much prefer a no chop / whole plant harvest with as much drying and curing done on the vine as I can get away with. Yes done it before and yes kinda risky and I sure don’t want to lose any bud here so defs not for newbies or faint of heart!! Anywho I put remaining rootball in smaller grow bag and sealed up around main stem of the plant with tie wire. Don’t want any perlite or pumice fine particles in amongst her colas.

What I’m doing is not so much bud washing but more a heavy duty bud soak followed by a light water cure. Plain lukewarm water only, thats right- no lemon juice, no baking soda, no H2O2 either, just plain lukewarm water.

Day 1
step 1
fill bucket w/ lukewarm, soak for 30 minutes then hang in dark to drip dry for 30 minutes
dump used water, rinse bucket and refill with fresh lukewarm water
soak for another 30 minutes then hang in dark for drip dry for 1 hour

step 2
fill bucket w/ fresh lukewarm, soak for 1 hour then hang in dark to drip dry for 30 minutes
soak for another 1 hour then hang in dark for drip dry for 1 hour

step 3
fill bucket w/ fresh lukewarm soak for 30 minutes then hang in dark to drip dry for 30 minutes
dump used water, rinse bucket and refill with fresh lukewarm water.
soak for another 30 minutes then hang in dark for drip dry overnight.

Day 2
fresh lukewarm water soak for 2 hours then hang in dark to drip dry.

Day 3
fresh lukewarm water soak for 1 hour then hang in dark to drip dry.

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7
still have not cut her throat… today actually watering the rootball, plain water no nutes… just a quick soak but taking great care to keep plant hanging horizontally so when pumice & perlite media does the drip dry thing- fine particles of perlite won’t fall down into my colas

Day 8
(note) saw a tiny bit of oils on top of water in soak bucket

Day 9

Day 10
(noticed what appeared to be small amount of soap suds when I pulled her out of the bucket)

honestly I’m making this shit up as I go but am leaning towards at some point tossing her as she is, alive on the vine- no chop, whole plant harvest with rootball still intact into the fridge for low and slow fridge cure. She’s pretty compact so it won’t take up too much fridge space.

no science this is 420% anecdotal but I’m hoping to make more of a head to head comparison later on my Wedding Cake clones if I don’t drop the ball and kill one or both of them first

I’d envisioned 1 plant with no chop whole plant harvest, bud soak, low & slow fridge cure
the other plant as no chop whole plant harvest, bud soak, light water cure, low & slow fridge cure

013's excellent adventure! Have at it. :thumb:

Plastic bag sealed around the stem to keep the water in or just the perlite? Are the roots dry from here on out and the sealed bag is just to hold the perlite for some reason?
Hey Mr ITS!

Yes sir but no plastic this time… moved it to a 1 gallon smart pot and cinched the opening with tie wire, still want the roots to breathe and gives me the option to wet the root ball if needed and not have perlite fines to get into buds or biomass.

I hang it vertical to drip dry the biomass but if/when I wet the rootball I can hang horizontally.

Ahh..bingo! just thinking back I did suggest soil cover & plastic bag for rootball for Carmen but that was to keep media intact if she chose to invert and dunk biomass to treat her plant for pm

mostly vertical

and horizontal

this is kinda my game plan for no cough / low cough solutions. Love terps as much as anyone but I hate the hack and cough from smoking. Cobs are great too but they’re pretty muted in taste & terps, the only other thing about cobs I don’t like is the consistency is different so they don’t burn well in a preformed cone, yeah, no, and I’m not doing the whole european spliff thing with tobacco to make it burn better… nope not a chance!

Pulled SSH on Feb 14, she was in hempy bucket of pumice & perlite. I removed hardside plastic container and raked away all the media that wasn’t bound up tight by the rootball.

I much prefer a no chop / whole plant harvest with as much drying and curing done on the vine as I can get away with. Yes done it before and yes kinda risky and I sure don’t want to lose any bud here so defs not for newbies or faint of heart!! Anywho I put remaining rootball in smaller grow bag and sealed up around main stem of the plant with tie wire. Don’t want any perlite or pumice fine particles in amongst her colas.

What I’m doing is not so much bud washing but more a heavy duty bud soak followed by a light water cure. Plain lukewarm water only, thats right- no lemon juice, no baking soda, no H2O2 either, just plain lukewarm water.

Day 1
step 1
fill bucket w/ lukewarm, soak for 30 minutes then hang in dark to drip dry for 30 minutes
soak for another 30 minutes then hang in dark for drip dry for 1 hour

step 2
fill bucket w/ fresh lukewarm, soak for 1 hour then hang in dark to drip dry for 30 minutes
soak for another 1 hour then hang in dark for drip dry for 1 hour

step 3
fill bucket w/ fresh lukewarm soak for 30 minutes then hang in dark to drip dry for 30 minutes
dump used water, rinse bucket and refill with fresh lukewarm water.
soak for another 30 minutes then hang in dark for drip dry overnight.

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7
still have not cut her throat… today actually watering the rootball, plain water no nutes… just a quick soak but taking great care to keep plant hanging horizontally so when pumice & perlite media does the drip dry thing- fine particles of perlite won’t fall down into my colas

Day 8
(note) saw a tiny bit of oils on top of water in soak bucket

Day 9

Day 10
(noticed what appeared to be small amount of soap suds when I pulled her out of the bucket)

honestly I’m making this shit up as I go but am leaning towards at some point tossing her as she is, alive on the vine- no chop, whole plant harvest with rootball still intact into the fridge for low and slow fridge cure. She’s pretty compact so it won’t take up too much fridge space.

no science this is 420% anecdotal but I’m hoping to make more of a head to head comparison later on my Wedding Cake clones if I don’t drop the ball and kill one or both of them first

I’d envisioned 1 plant with no chop whole plant harvest, bud soak, low & slow fridge cure
the other plant as no chop whole plant harvest, bud soak, light water cure, low & slow fridge cure
Is there any glitter even left after all that?!

Lolling!

71E3EA90-1B9D-4758-8A5E-E8F0A6108AFD.jpeg

That's why I'm here! 🚌

as unofficial mayor of crazy town I’m so glad you keep an eye out for me!!! Usually there’s a method to my madness but when there’s no method but plenty of madness then I blame it on multiple head injuries… I’m that dude that gets his head stuck on the magnet at airport scanner :cheesygrinsmiley:

Is there any glitter even left after all that?!

Lolling!

71E3EA90-1B9D-4758-8A5E-E8F0A6108AFD.jpeg

I know, Miss T-Bird, I know, but inspiration for water cure is 2 fold. There an elderly lady in my circle that can’t smoke because of harshness and of course it will benefit me too with no cough / low cough solution. The China Virus did a number on ma lungs. I just need a small portion to tide me over until the Wedding Cake comes down, so the bulk of the harvest is for her. Plus it’s sativa leaner (not my fave) which hopefully will give her a boost in the mornings.

I’m pretty impressed with where this is cure headed… it’s not for everyone but I‘m excited by the possibilities

This is point in time where I usually screw the perpetual… if I take my eyes off the ball for a nanosecond I get critters and the unusually early spring already has critters on the move. I saw ladybugs & stink bugs alive last week in workshop windows

Reset flower room and tent by swapping all the plants around, still need deep cleaning cycle and move 3 of the T5 light fixtures around.

Since I’m droughting Wedding Cake and she’s almost done figured it would be easier to move her to the tent and give the clones a chance to shine under the 2 Mars Hydros in flower room

heres Wedding Cake clones 1 & 2 SIPping away in the foreground and SSH clone in far right background, they all need trim on bikini line.

WATERBOARD he shouts! It’s time to drop mo‘ beans…

meh totally underwhelming at this point but they should clean up nicely and mo’ light can’t hurt either huh? I’m just happy they rooted!!!
They are better than a punch in the balls lol!

Back
Top Bottom