Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

Well of course she waits for flower to show me this....

My seemingly healthiest plant is showing this: see pic.

I'm using a full dose of veg nutes still to aid with the growth during this early period of flower.

Added Bud Ignitor to give em a spark.

It doesn't look like nute burn to me, but maybe? Its shown up on some leaves, but I didnt notice any yesterday.

Feeding night tonight. Should I pull back on the nutes? Or is she telling me she needs more?

Been feeding steady w cal/mag. Harkens back to a cal/mag issue I had much earlier on. Havent upped the dose much since then. Should I be? Have been feeding about 4ml per liter, which is already a double dose.

Sorry about the coloring. The HPS isnt ideal for photos.

Thanks.

Day 79/4F

Attachments

• 20190212_061424.jpg
    20190212_061424.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 36
I can't sort out what the leaves look like unless I can see a white light picture. But just from the condition it looks like light burn to me. If you're really running out of room, you could get some metal window screening and hang it below the bulb to cut the intensity if you don't have it on a dimmer.
Thanks alot for looking! I have them running at 1000w and can dim them to 75%, but don't I want high light intensity? I understand that that will cause them to burn if they get too close. Doesn't less wattage equal less yeild? I guess I'm asking which evil to choose..

I'll try to get a better pic when the lights come on. I'll see if my flash will change the hue of the HPS. I'll say, the spots you see. If you zoom in, look identical to the necrotic spots that you'll see if you see a calcium deficiency. Can that look the same as light burn?

Thanks again for looking.

A
Hey everyone,

Checking on the girls today, I've noticed that they are growing at a torrid rate. The leaves have begun to pray up to the lights, so I've pulled the light up a few inches to about 23". I'm quickly running out of headroom. About 4" left.

I've added another tall oscillating fan to cool just above the canopy. The girls dance lightly as I have the upper three fans on low and the two below ocillating at the same speed. I there is some serious air moving around in there, but not too hard. Who'd have thought that I'd eventually have 7 fans going in this thing!?

If anyone has good techniques on how to stop my plants from touching the sun, I'll take em. Ha.

The tent is holding at 26c/62%.

Thx.

Day 78/3F
And everybody thinks the light cost a lot to run . My 5 fans cost more in flower to run than my light !

You do until you don't! Which would be now :). Remember the story of Icarus!

The edges look dry and crispy, and Ca deficiency would show on the lower leaves first. Do those show the spots you're seeing?
They do not and to your point, mostly show on the ones nearest to the top of the canopy. I think I'll be dimming the light...

Thanks again for having a look. I'll send a better pic if I can get one.

They do not and to your point, mostly show on the ones nearest to the top of the canopy. I think I'll be dimming the light...

Thanks again for having a look. I'll send a better pic if I can get one.
Ha! No kidding!

You do until you don't! Which would be now :). Remember the story of Icarus!

The edges look dry and crispy, and Ca deficiency would show on the lower leaves first. Do those show the spots you're seeing?
So this is the best I could do in terms of a pic. If you can picture a green leaf surrounding the spots, that might help. I just cant move the girls from out of the scrog. Hopefully it helps you see something.

I might be light burn. The spots have melded together pretty quick to look a bit different than the Ca deficiency I remember. I dunno.

I raised the light up as far as itll go and in a day or so when they stretch a bit more, I'll dim down to 75%. It hurts a bit to not use the whole capability of the light, but to save the girls and grow well, I'll do it.

I'll keep an eye out.

Thx for the help today.

Day 79/4F

Attachments

• 20190212_190625.jpg
    20190212_190625.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 20
It should be pretty basic, which is if it's across your top leaves and diminishes as you get lower, it's light burn. And better to find out now than when the light is frying your pistils and ruining your buds.

Out of curiosity, do you have a light meter of some sort? I'm curious if you know what they're getting in lux or PPFD.

@Preston9mm is growing amazing plants with 600w HPS well above 23" distance. Like probably 4 feet or so.

It should be pretty basic, which is if it's across your top leaves and diminishes as you get lower, it's light burn. And better to find out now than when the light is frying your pistils and ruining your buds.

Out of curiosity, do you have a light meter of some sort? I'm curious if you know what they're getting in lux or PPFD.

@Preston9mm is growing amazing plants with 600w HPS well above 23" distance. Like probably 4 feet or so.
I dont, but I've often wondered. I could just turn em down, which is what's going to happen and essentially have 750w. I've heard of good results with 600w, I just wondered about the width of my grow. 1000 gets you somewhere between 4x4 and 5x5 and my tent is 5x5. I really don't have much choice.

Here is his garden, 8+ plants under 2 HPS 600s that are not even in this picture.

full
Woah and his lights would only be 20% greater in wattage. I might be overdoing it. They seem to pray alot that's due to alot of light, no?

I agree with Shed that you have heat stress which is the leaves curling on edges. I also agree that it is a calcium deficiency which does often show on newest growth closest to the light. And finally, yes during flower you want more power. I think it should be introduced slowly if possible say 75% through stretch then go full TILT! Cheers!

I dont, but I've often wondered. I could just turn em down, which is what's going to happen and essentially have 750w. I've heard of good results with 600w, I just wondered about the width of my grow. 1000 gets you somewhere between 4x4 and 5x5 and my tent is 5x5. I really don't have much choice.
The higher the light the better the coverage.
I agree with Shed that you have heat stress which is the leaves curling on edges. I also agree that it is a calcium deficiency which does often show on newest growth closest to the light. And finally, yes during flower you want more power. I think it should be introduced slowly if possible say 75% through stretch then go full TILT! Cheers!
If he only can get 27" away from his tops I'm not sure he should ever run that full tilt! And he's hardly begun stretching.

Ok perfect. That's how we learn I guess. I'll bring em down to 75% right away and pull the light right up.

I fed them tonight with the double dose again of the cal mag. Should I have gone harder with it?

I don't think you have a cal-mag issue.
I should add, when I was feeding them tonight, about 10 leaves total from the three plants had fallen off before I got under there. Not all were dying leaves. I'm not sure how normal that is.

Back
Top Bottom