Want to go commercial

go4snypr

OK, here is the deal. The Canadian Government is getting rid of the "grow at home" setup for medicinal users. They are however giving licenses to commercial grow. I am interested in anybody else out there that may be growing medicinal commercially. I need to put a business plan together to get this off the ground. I am after any information that anybody can help me with. I would like to grow multiple strains that medicinal users would be interested in. If anybody on this site is currently doing this please Private Message me or leave a post in this thread. I am interested in how many plants you are growing, what size of building your growing in, what your monthly overhead is including price of water, electricity, nutrients, payroll, number of employees, type of grow (hydro or dirt). I would also like to talk about automated growing systems, as well as cost of the grow environment (fans, lights ect.). I would also consider dealing with site sponsors if this ends up as a go ahead, so I would be buying bulk shipments of nutrients as well as lighting and cooling systems.
Also if there are any Canadians on here i would like to hear from you as well to let me know if a small company would be somewhere you would look to for medicinal or if you will just be dealing with the larger companies that will be popping up or continue to get your medicine on the black market. This is something I want to look at as an income, not just a side project. For now this is a pipe dream (pun intended), but with any luck it could be a competitive business in the Canadian Medical Marijuana market. Any and all feedback will be appreciated. Could a Mod also move this thread to the correct area, as I don't believe this is where this post belongs.. Thanks, and happy smoking.....

I would highly encourage you to get consulting for this because it's a serious, business venture as you mentioned. I don't know of many people who will offer their exact setup and details such as, electricity, nutrients, payroll, employees, gross income etc. at least not for free.

fair enough, never thought of it that way, just looking for info to get started or where a guy should even look. We have been growing around 50 plants for the last 6 months but that doesn't compare to what a guy would have to do to get started. It would be nice to get in contact with someone that would at least have an outline they could run by me. This has never been done in canada before, and it will be in direct competition with a couple of large outfits that already have their license. As you said,,consulting would be great, but not sure where to even look for that.

Plant Help

While I do not have the experience that you do, living in Canada. I can say there are a good amount of commercial grows there, so I don't know if this person was "the" one you're thinking of. I've seen Erik Biksa in some large rooms and I'm sure there are more that obviously are not advertised.

commercial growing has lots of pit falls but is simple if already having experience growing larger numbers. i sometimes had 100plants in a 10mx10m area which was crazy as hell.

I cant comment on overheads precisely as that would depend on alot of things and i dont live in canada, so dont know property prices, utility rates etc, business rates, taxes, employment laws. However let me tell u this, it isnt cheap, my over heads are currently around £8000 (around $13-14k american) per month (for the industrial premises) but thats for multiple properties. Most of that is rent and power consumption.

Think about type of lighting u will use and how u will control the environment of building. everything costs money, and it can be daunting when u start pricing equipment, even wholesale. heating and ventilation can be very expensive to set up, so look for some where that already has some sort of extraction set up that could be modified to ur needs. a car garage that has been used to spray paint cars is a good start as they usually have sealed rooms with extraction set up which can be simply modified.

Then u need to think, growing method(s). setting up hydro systems is the easiest way to go commercially IMO, however if 1 plant gets sick, it could spread quick, its easier to lose whole crops. Never put all ur eggs in 1 basket. drip irrigation on separate buckets is a good way to go, but run to waste uses alot of nutes and wastes alot.

Think about ur nursery and how u will clone, as that may dictate how u wish to grow.

I wish u the best of luck brother, ive prob raised more questions than answers which isnt too helpful. i wish the government would give me a licence though, that would be cool! No more court dates lol. 1 thing i do know for sure, dealing with any government office is a pain in the arse, and will prob take time to get a licence sorted.

would love to see ur set up if u get there. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom