Water temp for a hydroponic bucket grow?

I use an Eco Grower by General Hydroponics. I am on my third grow with it.

On my first grow with GH Flora series I used 71-72 deg. and they state that not over 75 for the nutrients is recommended. I also use a heater from the fish tank. I am currently using 69-70 for this grow. Not much difference at this point.

I cant think why you'd need to heat your water, aside from maybe using an aerocloner with barely any light, on cold 40f concrete.

Normally people have problems with the water being too hot. If you can keep your water between 55f - 65f that's great. No need to warm it to 70! If you're higher than 70f, however, you'll begin to see issues.

Good luck!

65-68 max for me. Over 68 then bring on the cooler.
I wholeheartedly agree. Nothing beats a quality titanium core chiller. Used with a RDWC setup it will keep temperatures constant. I set the chiller a little lower than what I want my plant site temperature.

A pretty common chiller setting is 64. Plant sites end up around 66 degrees.

Generally, marijuana plants won’t thrive when wholly immersed in water and kept under low or too high temperature conditions. Since chances for the water in the medium to heat up are always high, it remains highly important to supply sufficient oxygen to the system. Here, the ebb and flow system is probably the best, since you need to flood the tray periodically and drain the water. This helps maintain the temperature and eliminate old oxygen from the system at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom