Watering Suggestions

I have my lights on an 18 on 6 off cycle. When is the best time to water (while lights are on or off)?
Good morning Rick.
I try to water at lights on in coco.
It gives them the day to transpire and absorb the nutrients.
Before lights out it just sits there.

Stay safe
Bill

I don't think it really matters to be honest with you.

But would largely depend on how you got your timer set up ?

Lights on seems to work well with me as in R/L I'll be home when that happens.

It does matter when you water your plants. When the plants are just waking up, they will have gone from a sleep state where the leaves are all drooping to suddenly raising up and pointing toward the light. To do this there is increase in morning water pressure and water uptake and this is the perfect time to water because a significant amount of the new water will be immediately sucked up into the plant. This means that you can actually give them more water during this morning wake up time than at any other time of the day. You will also be able to see an almost immediate (as immediate as things get in the plant world) reaction to the mix you are giving them on that day.

Sounds great :green_heart:

This is the 50 shades of green thing about gardening... if that gets you excited ?

Then the rest of this will get you really wet & I'm talking about watering of in some description !

Well ye first thing in the morning is cool as @Emilya mentioned you can water more & this would be noted down to evaporation during the course of the day plus understanding your own grow / watering cycle to which may help with relative humidity in dailing in your grow :thumb:

Good practical advice for people who grow indoors.

I will add with watering right before lights off or while lights off can increases chance of humidity spike that could cause P/M aka powder mold to development in some conditions. With in a couple hours after lights come on I have found works prefect for me.

Back
Top Bottom