Websissy’s Purple Haze Grow Journal, 2021

Yesterday, I decided to transplant “A” into a larger cloth pot. Thought I had bought 3 gallon but was a 5 gallon. Roots weren’t sticking out from the plant after I removed it from the 1 gallon. All the soil stayed intact but it felt dry. Did notice one root had attached the fabric and ripped off. Added some diatomaceous earth to the Happy Frog soil and some Great White rooting powder to the hole and around the plant soil. Then I decided to not only water the plant but give it some nutrients too. Added Superthrive, some Hormex powder and Cal Mag to the Spring water. Then gave it the GH Flora series nuts per the chart for middle stage veg. The plants leaves really drooped after transplant but this morning it looks great. It’s so tall compared to the other plants which are getting thick with growth but not tall. Will take some pics later this morning. I also gave plants “B” and “D” a nutrient water. They all look great this morning. I sprayed the clones 3 times yesterday with spray that contains Superthrive and some Great White rooting hormone. They look good too.

Clones - day 2

2591013A-0C60-4F2E-9263-965E0AF94B3D.jpeg

Plants “B” - “D”. “D” on the right in the pic is catching up. It sprouted a week after the other 2.
DE515F28-33A8-4404-A930-63A1E3AB0C34.jpeg

If you don't mind, I'll sit in on this beautiful start you have! I have grown in soil the past 6 years and might have a few tips along the way, although I would not consider myself "experienced" yet as there is soooo much to learn and I'm still trying new things.

Thanks LLHMaryJane. I’m all ears! One thing I notice is it’s so dry in Tucson that I have to water the plants more then I’ve read to do online.

That's interesting. With an indoor grow, your "fake" environment should trump the outside environment to some degree, I would think. Maybe added humidity might help the arid climate?. What I found when I started growing with much less of a setup than you have, I was watering my plants way less then everything I read online said I should be. As I improved my environment and gained experience my plants started drinking way more. I now worry if my plants' water uptake is too slow. What I have learned is when I had more light or nutrients than my plants could handle, the water uptake was slow. When I had more light and a better environment kicking in, my plants started requiring more nutrients and water. Everyone's environment is different, no matter how similar they seem to be, unless you are in the same location, have the same dirt, the same heat source, etc. Your plants look awesome, give them whatever they ask for and just like children, don't compare them to everyone elses LOL

That's interesting. With an indoor grow, your "fake" environment should trump the outside environment to some degree, I would think. Maybe added humidity might help the arid climate?. What I found when I started growing with much less of a setup than you have, I was watering my plants way less then everything I read online said I should be. As I improved my environment and gained experience my plants started drinking way more. I now worry if my plants' water uptake is too slow. What I have learned is when I had more light or nutrients than my plants could handle, the water uptake was slow. When I had more light and a better environment kicking in, my plants started requiring more nutrients and water. Everyone's environment is different, no matter how similar they seem to be, unless you are in the same location, have the same dirt, the same heat source, etc. Your plants look awesome, give them whatever they ask for and just like children, don't compare them to everyone elses LOL
Thanks very much - I don’t have a green thumb and am like a worried Mom with these plants :)

Hi all - I’ve been gone a little while on vacation. Got back 2 days ago and my plants were thirsty when I got back and I discovered my ultrasonic humidifier white dust clogged my carbon filter so my tent got a bit warm. I watered the plants - adding only a bit of Superthrive. I noticed lower leaves on a couple of plants staring to yellow. Is this the start of a nitrogen deficiency? The rest of the plants have dark green leaves. Not sure, but to be safe gave them all a drink of some Floraseries nuts and cal mag today. I trimmed the bottom fan leaves that were blocking some newer node growth. Here’s a pic of some of the leaves with yellowing.
Also, my 3 rock wool clones look terrible - leaves almost all yellow. Only one had a lot of roots though and another a couple - I plants all 3 in a solo cup with some soil to see if they will grow. I’m going to clone some more but using Root riot plugs and some clones gel this time. I still have some Hormex rooting powder but ran out of Great White powder. Will take more pics to share :)
Also, I bought a new carbon filter and an evaporative humidifier for the tent. Keeping it cool and says slightly humid.

45E610FF-CDE5-4FF0-908B-3BD21B89D6F8.jpeg

57B44AC1-8838-4EF4-BD96-746F28FA9E41.jpeg

C5DAEF96-30E7-4BDF-846E-0CEC9E06B000.jpeg

How dark green r your leaves ?? Only checking as when my auto bio diesel mass all her leaves turned dark green with yellowing lower leaves it turned out to b nitrogen excess,,

Most of the leaves are dark green. My husband, who grew up on a farm, thinks that’s what’s going on too with my plants. He said because they needed more water while I was away that the nitrogen levels in the soil got too high. Hmmm. He said to just give plenty of water.

Hi all! Wow - it’s been a crazy week! I put my plants out for some sun and my big “A” plant had some stems break from the wind so I quickly put them in root riot plugs and will hopefully clone them. Then a clip on fan fell and broke a big branch off my “B” plant - so more clones. I think I have 16 clones going now. I bought a 2ft T5 and heating pad so I can keep the humidity dome in a different place and give 18-24 hour light - because I’m finally ready to flip my 4 plants (started from seeds on 2/9) to flower! Will start with the 12 hours of dark tonight! The plants seem healthy, no pests that I can see. I think it’s time ‍. Pics to follow :)

4 plants vegging and ready to flip to flower. 3 clones still alive? Other more recent clones taken on 3/23 and 3/25. And my vegetables seeds I’m starting.

C603D1DA-8142-41DF-9CDD-8231812099DC.jpeg

8E34E9C0-38E4-4160-A64B-BE33BABF34BB.jpeg

358EA8AC-C223-4D07-B952-08354ED051DD.jpeg

0C781CAC-7B90-4AC4-A1F1-7F550D7472DC.jpeg

Help - closer inspection of one of my plants - “B” and “A” and I found little pods on them. On “B” they were around the nodes. On “A” it was on one of its long upper stalks.

B8E4E269-E65E-4C46-A571-1E47DF7CB3F9.jpeg

88AAF4D7-D9FD-4E9F-802A-E26576306867.jpeg

9E83F716-B62F-468B-A41B-FC93C038AA04.jpeg

DBF6785D-EA3C-48BA-B5D8-051E17FEC6AA.jpeg

Help - closer inspection of one of my plants - “B” and “A” and I found little pods on them. On “B” they were around the nodes. On “A” it was on one of its long upper stalks.

they are pollen sacks. you have males, throw them away before they pollinate any females around them

I didn’t have the heart to throw my gorgeous first grow boy “B” away - so I put him outside 4 days ago. All was well and then tonight I found this.

CFDBB4DC-8347-46AD-BBB8-C1C895F4564A.jpeg

Having to say goodbye to this gorgeous boy - plant “A” (he made his gender clear to me this morning) ‍

59E359FF-5A85-4285-96D9-2C937DB2D21B.jpeg

C1D94691-C586-45EA-B8FD-CE7E9FAB662E.jpeg

Having to say goodbye to this gorgeous boy - plant “A” (he made his gender clear to me this morning) ‍

59E359FF-5A85-4285-96D9-2C937DB2D21B.jpeg

C1D94691-C586-45EA-B8FD-CE7E9FAB662E.jpeg
Oh no, look at the size of him. You must have had a lot of work into him.
So sorrrrry.

Back
Top Bottom