Week 2 Of Flower Progress

The care you give them makes them grow, not money.
See if you can get some pictures of what you are talking about. But it may just be natural. Leaves are not always flat.
Here are a few photos taken just moments ago. They weren't like this when it was still fairly young but more and more I started noticing the edges cupping down and now it's gotten to where the new leaves grow in like that. I noticed that they were growing like that after the flip to flower. Like the growth changed when the lights changed

20210116_120854.jpg

20210116_120843.jpg

20210116_120832.jpg

20210116_120820.jpg

They look healthier than mine mate. So don't worry. Are you keeping an eye on your basics? Temps / RH blah, blah, blah :) . I may have to pass on this question and let the more experienced answer this one. But to my eye. They look fine.

They look healthier than mine mate. So don't worry. Are you keeping an eye on your basics? Temps / RH blah, blah, blah :) . I may have to pass on this question and let the more experienced answer this one. But to my eye. They look fine.
The temps drop no lower than 65-66 at night and they hover around 70-75 with lights on. The RH is maybe questionable, I don't how how low is TOO LOW but when I wake up to turn my humidifier on I notice the RH is sitting in the low 30% until my humidifier gets going, then I keep it between 40-60%

From my limited experience (4grows) that's acceptable. It's only if they are constantly low or constantly high that the damage is done. It's not ideal as they do have a sweet spot that they flourish in. When you dial everything in, you have a worry free grow. But that is in the ideal world. It rarely happens. We all have issues from time to time. But I think your doing amazing at the mo. Important thing is to write everything down. Every day make a few notes on progress or problems.. log temps, feeding schedule, what time of day etc etc.this is what I do.
It gives you something to fall back on for your next grow. We learn every time..

Edit

But like I said before . My knowledge is limited from lack of experience, that's what directed me here. Some highly skilled growers on here.
So collect as much info as you can.

From my limited experience (4grows) that's acceptable. It's only if they are constantly low or constantly high that the damage is done. It's not ideal as they do have a sweet spot that they flourish in. When you dial everything in, you have a worry free grow. But that is in the ideal world. It rarely happens. We all have issues from time to time. But I think your doing amazing at the mo. Important thing is to write everything down. Every day make a few notes on progress or problems.. log temps, feeding schedule, what time a day etc etc.this is what I do.
It gives you something to fall back on for your next grow. We learn every time..

Edit

But like I said before . My knowledge is limited from lack of experience, that's what directed me here. Some highly skilled growers on here.
So collect as much info as you can.
I do the same thing as far as logging everything lol I bought a little planner type so every other day or so I write stuff down about when I feed/ water, any issues I notice, how much growth I notice, etc. I don't see any other issues with the plant as far as growth hindrance so im not real worried about the leaves but I would like to correct it if I can

Nice one. :thumb:This time next year mate, you will have it dialled in.
I know people who think you just chuck a few seeds in some dirt and a few months later you have bud. It's a complex plant. There is so many variables that can give you problems.. keep posting your progress, and hopefully someone can answer your questions. Just wish I could have helped. But im still learning myself..

Nice one. :thumb:This time next year mate, you will have it dialled in.
I know people who think you just chuck a few seeds in some dirt and a few months later you have bud. It's a complex plant. There is so many variables that can give you problems.. keep posting your progress, and hopefully someone can answer your questions. Just wish I could have helped. But im still learning myself..
You helped plenty, brother. You gave me a bit of peace of mind. I need to hear that im doing ok every now and then as sometimes I get discouraged. Like you said, it is indeed a complex plant. Weed or not. Happy growing and thank you for the chat!

You helped plenty, brother. You gave me a bit of peace of mind. I need to hear that im doing ok every now and then as sometimes I get discouraged. Like you said, it is indeed a complex plant. Weed or not. Happy growing and thank you for the chat!
Like wise my friend. Just give me a shout from time to time. Looking forward to seeing the end results

Posting an update just a little early but what's 4 days right? I hit week 4 of flower on Sunday and so far the buds are developing nicely. The leaves however don't look so nice. Im seeing some nute burn and I swear I suffered some pH issues/lockout or something. The leaves have definitely gone downhill as far as appearance. I gave her a pretty heavy flush yesterday and im wondering, should I try and feed her but dose a little less than what I have been, or should I stick to watering her a couple more times to make sure I don't make my situation worse? The problem I'm having is im scared that im gonna deprive the plant of vital nutes that she could be using to help pack on weight but on the other hand, I don't want to keep throwing nutes in the soil if she's locked out (or recovering from a lockout) and make the problem worse. Or maybe it's all in my head and I just fed her a little too much and that's all it is...Decisions Decisions

20210120_163606.jpg

20210120_162134.jpg

20210120_163543.jpg

20210120_162118.jpg

Yes keep posting right here is perfect, your plants look great. About 2 to 4 weeks into flower perhaps. Tiny bit of tip burn but that’s telling you nutes are hitting the spot.

In the menu bar click on 420 Forums then click on Your Threads and this one plus any of your other threads will be visible. It’s a pain to need to page out to a dozen pages one by one to find your stuff, the journals that get a lot of traffic or update daily rise to the top while others sink lower.
looks like 4 weeks

When plants hit flower often a few the lower leaves will take a hit, some will turn yellow and fade out. It’s not great but it’s also not the end of the world. I don’t think I would flush at this time but when you water or feed give enough that there’s about 10% runoff. Some growers do feed, feed, water while others may do feed, water, feed, water. Run the wet dry cycle in veg but keep the soil moist during flower....don’t know what kind of plant saucers, trays or drip pans you have got but it may help to elevate grow bags over a grate so plants & roots dont sit in wet puddle and there air flow under the grow bag, maybe even point a small fan under there on low speed keep air moving. Weed roots love air but not light. But other than a bit of yellow your plants look great!!! I‘m a newbie too, don’t have all the answers for sure but they look good..... keep doing whatever you are doing!!!

When plants hit flower often a few the lower leaves will take a hit, some will turn yellow and fade out. It’s not great but it’s also not the end of the world. I don’t think I would flush at this time but when you water or feed give enough that there’s about 10% runoff. Some growers do feed, feed, water while others may do feed, water, feed, water. Run the wet dry cycle in veg but keep the soil moist during flower....don’t know what kind of plant saucers, trays or drip pans you have got but it may help to elevate grow bags over a grate so plants & roots dont sit in wet puddle and there air flow under the grow bag, maybe even point a small fan under there on low speed keep air moving. Weed roots love air but not light. But other than a bit of yellow your plants look great!!! I‘m a newbie too, don’t have all the answers for sure but they look good..... keep doing whatever you are doing!!!
Yeah I have a grate that she's sitting on. 6 gallon fabric pot. Im just gonna keep an eye on her and continue doing what I'm doing lol the buds seem to be coming along nicely and that's all I'm really concerned with now. My last plant, the leaves looked like absolute shit but the buds grew just fine

Little update here. So whatever deficiency or lockout or whatever i had seems to just be getting worse. Or, if I fixed it, I fixed it much too late and now I won't be able to tell if it's resolved. The leaves took a hard hit and im worried its gonna either affect bud growth or get worse. Or both. Im on day 37 of flower and I still have a ways to go so I really would like to avoid chopping her early. Im noticing some of the larger sugar leaves getting brown tips but can't tell if it's nute burn or the start of that weird browning/curling that has hit some of the fan leaf tips. The buds don't seem to be bothered by it. Other than that, is it normal for some really rounded looking leaves to grow within the buds, scattered through the calyxes? Im noticing some really round leaves popping up here and there. Is this some sort of stress induced re-veg or just normal for this strain? I've had so many problems with this plant. Id much rather take the slight nute burn and N toxicity of my first plant compared to this one. Attached are also some pictures explaining sulfur and zinc deficiencies, any similarities in what they explain and my issues?

20210201_162045.jpg

20210201_162107.jpg

20210201_162029.jpg

20210201_161631.jpg

20210201_161524.jpg

zinc-info-marijuana.jpg

sulphur-info-marijuana.jpg

I don’t see any sign of reveg in the pics - your buds look spikey and great. I do see tip burn but as far as deficiency- those charts are often written for hydro or coco perspective and since you are not using bottled nutes this goes back to what Nutty said earlier - if you get lockout or nute burn and then you flush - when you water it activates the pellets so you feed them even more..... it’s catch 22 by trying to clear the problem you cause the problem. Let’s holler at @NuttyProfessor but just know he's got a lot going on right now so he may be hit or miss on availability. They look like they could use magnesium but let’s see what Nutty has up his sleeve

I don’t see any sign of reveg in the pics - your buds look spikey and great. I do see tip burn but as far as deficiency- those charts are often written for hydro or coco perspective and since you are not using bottled nutes this goes back to what Nutty said earlier - if you get lockout or nute burn and then you flush - when you water it activates the pellets so you feed them even more..... it’s catch 22 by trying to clear the problem you cause the problem. Let’s holler at @NuttyProfessor but just know he's got a lot going on right now so he may be hit or miss on availability. They look like they could use magnesium but let’s see what Nutty has up his sleeve
Being that im at week 6, I might just try to back off on throwing anything more into the soil and just hit it with pH'd water because I've put ALOT of different shit over the last week and a half trying to fix the yellowing lol. I know the plant uses the leaves but I think I read something that said the buds don't rely solely on the leaves to develop. They can do their own photosynthesis. Basically what im thinking is if my leaves are yellow, getting worse, and yellow leaves don't perform photosynthesis all that well... ya see what I'm saying lol surely I don't have much longer to go. Hang in there, plant!!

Little update here. So whatever deficiency or lockout or whatever i had seems to just be getting worse. Or, if I fixed it, I fixed it much too late and now I won't be able to tell if it's resolved. The leaves took a hard hit and im worried its gonna either affect bud growth or get worse. Or both. Im on day 37 of flower and I still have a ways to go so I really would like to avoid chopping her early. Im noticing some of the larger sugar leaves getting brown tips but can't tell if it's nute burn or the start of that weird browning/curling that has hit some of the fan leaf tips. The buds don't seem to be bothered by it. Other than that, is it normal for some really rounded looking leaves to grow within the buds, scattered through the calyxes? Im noticing some really round leaves popping up here and there. Is this some sort of stress induced re-veg or just normal for this strain? I've had so many problems with this plant. Id much rather take the slight nute burn and N toxicity of my first plant compared to this one. Attached are also some pictures explaining sulfur and zinc deficiencies, any similarities in what they explain and my issues?

20210201_162045.jpg

20210201_162107.jpg

20210201_162029.jpg

20210201_161631.jpg

20210201_161524.jpg

zinc-info-marijuana.jpg

sulphur-info-marijuana.jpg
I was going to say they looked fine in the previous photo but in these pics there is definitely something wrong.

I grow outdoors so it’s apples and oranges but it’s not unusual to see the oldest fan leaves get a little ragged around flower time.

In this case, though, it seems to be affecting all the leaves uniformly so I think you’re right to think it’s some kind of lockout — especially since you seem on top of fertilization...

I was going to say they looked fine in the previous photo but in these pics there is definitely something wrong.

I grow outdoors so it’s apples and oranges but it’s not unusual to see the oldest fan leaves get a little ragged around flower time.

In this case, though, it seems to be affecting all the leaves uniformly so I think you’re right to think it’s some kind of lockout — especially since you seem on top of fertilization...
I went back through the photos I have on this grow and godamn, it's a quick fade from a nice green to this facded, pale yellow color. One thing im stuck on though, I know to a certain point in flower, no new leaves or stems are grown, right? How will I know if I resolved this bastard of an issue? What do I look for if not the leaves? Im gonna just try watering her a few times with pH'd water as i did a bunch of shit to her, probably overwatered her pretty bad too in the process and I don't want to make the issue worse

I went back through the photos I have on this grow and godamn, it's a quick fade from a nice green to this facded, pale yellow color. One thing im stuck on though, I know to a certain point in flower, no new leaves or stems are grown, right? How will I know if I resolved this bastard of an issue? What do I look for if not the leaves? Im gonna just try watering her a few times with pH'd water as i did a bunch of shit to her, probably overwatered her pretty bad too in the process and I don't want to make the issue worse
Good point — shit, I don’t know how you can tell now without new leaves... I guess just don’t add anything to make the lockout worse. Sorry I can’t be more help but that is a conundrum...

Good point — shit, I don’t know how you can tell now without new leaves... I guess just don’t add anything to make the lockout worse. Sorry I can’t be more help but that is a conundrum...
Lol yes I agree, quite the conundrum for an inexperienced grower like myself. And no need to apologize, I get help every single time I come to this site. It makes me feel loads better just getting feedback from other growers. Keeps me from losing my mind and feeling like I'm totally alone with no one to help me. Opinions are the best, they give me something to go off of and work from there. Thanks for the input, Grandma

Back
Top Bottom