VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

Sorry guys it is getting out of control here. Too busy to explain.

I am taking pics and will eventually update this and I will close it out properly eventually.

The second heat wave did a number on a few plants. I had to go ahead and take down 2 more early as I don't have the time to nurse them back. I need to get this grow shut down. They were due this week any who... just a bit stunted and stressed so not top notch (see below)

There are still a bunch going.

So I had 2 clones from the last grows monster RC to start this. Here is the better looking one (They both yielded about the same)...

One_of_em.JPG

early1.JPG

early21.JPG

which I got this for the slightly smaller one...

1of2.JPG
close_basket.JPG

And these 3rd gen are still going for another week or so. 3 are almost done maybe I might pull them tonight... 2 maybe 3 more look like they want 1 maybe 2 more weeks.

3rd_gen.JPG

3rd_gen2.JPG

The worst was throwing out all my compost. I started purging my grow room. I just threw out a living pot of gold.

Anyway I will close this out eventually but I am just crazy busy...and there are plenty of how tos on harvesting...I already showed it earlier in this journal.

I will be around and if you have any real questions...just PM.

:passitleft:

Not a whole lot of us small growers can produce Good Housekeeping looking buds.

My ladies generally are buds on a stick by the time they reach maturity. But my first BBL coming into the home stretch has managed to keep a few leaves. Could be the extra light, or maybe just the strain.

I do appreciate the support. I am stupid tired. Haven't been on here is days really and only on now because I got a notification someone posted here.

I did pull 3 more but 2 were just garbage after the heat. They were starting to recover from the first hit when the second one happened. It has been wonderful out there since...too bad.

Not bad for first run at Subcools recipe though. I usually use a cheater soil and add tea and fertilizers through bloom like most people. This was a lot more fun and easy. Next time I will do something like this again only give it more attention. I am just too busy right now.

A few weeks back I too a pick of one I thought was pretty and had a nice red leaf...for those who remember her she is. to be honest for once the pics don't do justice. She is supper shinny like a diamond ...she glitters. I checked and probably about 20-30% amber so she will be fine.

full15.JPG

sidesmalls.JPG

smalls.JPG

Just like last time... (the mother)

good_sized.JPG

I try telling people you let them eat the leaves up and they naturally are easy clean to deal with and way less trimming.

You know you harvested early if you are trimming a ton.

And I will say just for the record that Raspberry Cough is some seriously potent stuff. I happen to have a high tolerance. The legal recreational amount for edibles in Oregon is 15 grams per day per person and that does not register with me. The great nugs off the mother...whoa... the shwag is better than the stuff I get at the dispensary fo sho. This round at closer to 9 months in age..she is looking nice. Best part about cloning is you get to age the plant properly and the second and third round they start being the right genetic age when they bloom.

I will be around...

:peace:

IMO, home grown shwag outdoes dispensary buds any day. We can control the timing and the environment to get what we, and our families, want. In my current grow, even the STEMS are sticky! I don't have anything in cure yet, so don't have a potency report.

Yeah just letting ya know...it is an F1...wont be around forever.

After I move I was going to make another seed buy (even though I have too many) and probably pick some up. I wanna see that one grown outdoors.

Only one seed left in there. The rest are clones from this run. I should take down the final seed plant. It really had a hard time in the heat and was right next to the NYPD when it hermied and took most of the pollen so it is a mess of a plant but it wants to bloom more.

full16.JPG

3 clones still have lots of leaves and still look real healthy but have at least a week to go. 2 are ready to come down.

middle_nug.JPG

small_up_close.JPG

I will likely pull those 2 out today or tomorrow and set them into a dark space for a bit and leave those last ones going.

:Namaste:

Gotta spend all day doing multiple loan applications...fun stuff...My eyes are bleeding.

Nirvana

They have the best pricing out there I think. Top quality dutch seeds. They make a bunch in house that are copies of famous lines. Like they have a Midwest bubble gum copy and a New York Sour Diesel copy. both made using the same genetics line just they did it themselves in a professional lab in Holland.

You order 10 seeds for like 30-40 bucks plus they send you 10 for free. So that is like 2 bucks a seed with shipping.

They have tons of great stuff. The land races they sell for a bunch more but still way cheaper than most. Northern Lights, Maui Waui, Kush, Mexican Sativa (the kind where Sour D supposedly came from)

You can hunt through their catalog and take an F1 and find one of the parents and line breed that back and they took the first few steps out of the process for you.

They have a number of foundation strains like ICE and White Widow as well.

Some of there stuff is spendy. But all of it goes on sale eventually. Get on the mailing list and real good stuff comes up.

They make autos and femd to if you are into that.

Lots of places overwhelm you with a ton of stuff and if you don't know your stuff you could be buying garbage. These guys have a well stream lined selection. Great Land races and a number of Top Hybrids and some mind popping F1's.

Payment is not to bad. I have use a credit card multiple times and it goes through a bank in a third country. seeds show up 3 weeks later roughly. could be 2 just depends where you are. I usually see them in 3 weeks.

Shipping is Deseret. I posted it all once with pics and the moderators tore it down. they said since it is a federal crime to receive these in the mail they cold not allow me to display the packaging where I showed it came from Holland. If I redact the from address I bet I could post the pictures.

Here is some of them they probably wont remove.

This comes in a typical white envelop (shown just the bottom of in the pic) no one would think twice about.

Discreet2.jpg
Discreet3.jpg
Discreet4.jpg

Gotta run!

Thanks, VI. I ordered my BBL seeds from them but only had a 50% germination rate, and only 2 of those were female. ( I took a lot of clones) I do like how fast they ship. I just wish they took PayPal, cause last time I had to clear a measley $37 purchase by phoning my credit card company!

My other options are a whole lot more expensive, tho.

I only had the 2 this time not germinate. Other then that I been happy. I mean I had a dud but I expect that.

I used to breed. Not everything comes out peachy.

50% germination is either poorly stored / dead seeds or a bad germination technique. Could be either. Seeds are easy to germinate. So maybe they were old...I germinated stuff 2 years ago that I got back in the 90's... I have friend who has used Nirvana for years with no complaint but he too also used to breed and doesn't expect every seed to yield gold. He uses Fem'd seeds though.

A good mother...a truly good easy to grow hearty mother, is a very great thing to come by and real growers will prize them and run them for many years. When I say real growers... growing from seed every time, like my buddy does (he is a real grower for 30 years), is not productive. He does it because he wants to try new things all the time and like me only grow personally now. I am always hunting for my next mother. Even once I have one I will clone it and keep dropping seeds. There are different reasons to keep cloning a plant and sometimes one you have been cloning a while is easily replaced by something far superior. I like to have at lest 2 strains around to keep it fresh. So For example for any strain I want to test by itself I would never drop less than 3 seeds. That way I have a good chance of getting a female...and if I get 2 I will have a chance to select something that is likely a superior version of this strain. I look at the seed pack as maybe 2 great seeds unless it is a solid strain. 10 from both sexes means likely 2 maybe 3 good females. Lucky to get more really unless you are talking some strong good seed. I mean you may get 5 or 6 females but likely 1 or 2 (maybe more) are not that good if it is something super "fancy". If you pay up for land race you will likely have 5 great identical females.

Someone trying to get the best smoke possible or looking to optimize a grow operation want a mother they can nail the schedule and get some good consistency from.

I find some are more tolerant and easier to grow and that is what I look for...they are all potent. I want something easy to grow.

:tommy::thumb:
Sorry guys it is getting out of control here. Too busy to explain.

I am taking pics and will eventually update this and I will close it out properly eventually.

The second heat wave did a number on a few plants. I had to go ahead and take down 2 more early as I don't have the time to nurse them back. I need to get this grow shut down. They were due this week any who... just a bit stunted and stressed so not top notch (see below)

There are still a bunch going.

So I had 2 clones from the last grows monster RC to start this. Here is the better looking one (They both yielded about the same)...

One_of_em.JPG

early1.JPG

early21.JPG

which I got this for the slightly smaller one...

1of2.JPG
close_basket.JPG

And these 3rd gen are still going for another week or so. 3 are almost done maybe I might pull them tonight... 2 maybe 3 more look like they want 1 maybe 2 more weeks.

3rd_gen.JPG

3rd_gen2.JPG

The worst was throwing out all my compost. I started purging my grow room. I just threw out a living pot of gold.

Anyway I will close this out eventually but I am just crazy busy...and there are plenty of how tos on harvesting...I already showed it earlier in this journal.

I will be around and if you have any real questions...just PM.

:passitleft:

I took 2 more clones down yesterday. They are hanging now.

There are 3 plants left, 2 clones and one that is a disaster ...but I may get some good seed out of it.

The last 2 clones are looking much better than these ones.

Nothing but untreated water every 4 to 5 days for a long time now.

Anyway... Here are 2 more that had 1 week of veg and then bloomed. 3 gallon pots.

6_25takedown.JPG

6_25_mids.JPG

I don't really measure that much anymore. If I were to try to grow a plant right to get a good yield I might. I just usually go by mason jars. Next time I get going I will do a fat plant again an see what I can get.

I don't really measure that much anymore. If I were to try to grow a plant right to get a good yield I might. I just usually go by mason jars. Next time I get going I will do a fat plant again an see what I can get.

When I get to the place where I am consistently getting decent harvests, I may stop weighing, too. But not for a while. I've only been doing this hobby for 15 months. :)

Thing is I care about cured weight which is basically the same as dried but I don't waste time weighing during processing. So I would have to weigh each jar as i use it and in the end and when it is all gone I would know. I really don't care thaaaat much.

Thing is I care about cured weight which is basically the same as dried but I don't waste time weighing during processing. So I would have to weigh each jar as i use it and in the end and when it is all gone I would know. I really don't care thaaaat much.

Yes, cured weight IS different than dried weight, esp if one has to spritz the cure a bit to raise the humidity some. Sometimes even 2 Humidipaks in a jar doesn't keep it up to 62%.

I still have 3 of these clones going that didn't have roots yet when I started blooming them and they just went ahead and made me some flowers anyway.

This is the biggest one...

full18.JPG

for some perspective

perspective_.JPG

and it looks really like this

mids21.JPG

mids2.JPG

bottom16.JPG

These ones are rock hard to the touch.

I may start these on the dark cycle this week. These are very close.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom