VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

Yes, cured weight IS different than dried weight, esp if one has to spritz the cure a bit to raise the humidity some. Sometimes even 2 Humidipaks in a jar doesn't keep it up to 62%.

I was under the belief that if they go into cure close to 62% then just one pack could manage it. Sounds like they where too dry. Once sealed in the jar with the pack it should just maintain it. Just what I was told though. I have had medium packs stay good for several months though...

FE

I'm still working out the too dry bit. My buds dry very quickly, even in a partly-covered flat container. I don't harvest enough at one time (1 plant) to use anything bigger or more elaborate, and I don't like the paper bag method, for fear of losing trics on the paper.

So I was gonna say if you have a consistent process it gets simple as all get out...but for the majority of us it is a bit of an art.

I don't have a nice humidor. When I do things right and take my time I use the tent and finish the grow by doing the dry inside there and I work on getting the humidity right. That makes it a lot easier. But then your tent goes down for a bit. I recall about a year and a half ago on here talking to someone about this and them going off about how no way they were gonna do a third room now (not at me like just venting "holly cow now I need a third space to do this right...where was that written")

But anyway jaring at precisely the right time can be done. I can't do that. I work 10 hour days with an hour commute each way. I can't be johnny on the spot and have more to do than my growing and my jobby job. I get around to it when I can. So often I jar early and burp or late and pray. I try to plan it out but you can't every time.

That is where the stems come in handy. Those things dehydrate slow and are what normally is used instead of the packs. When done right they cure without packs from the water in the stems. You can dial this in if your drying and curing space is controlled for temps and humidity. Those settings are NOT good for growing. So you need what?...a third tent. It is really a matter of how much you can safely slow down your clones in veg. I usually wont worry about the rooting the clones for long into bloom.

And that's about whats this idiot thinks about that.

:bigtoke:

Killed me to do it but I gotta get moving on this. I feel like I could do another week but I really gots ta break down the tent so I got these pics this last morning. Today I disconnected the light and they are sleeping. Will deal with them this weekend.

EOTR.JPG

close36.JPG

Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some time to do another official like update with all the calendar schedule stuff like I did at half way and I will close this out.

:Namaste:

So I was gonna say if you have a consistent process it gets simple as all get out...but for the majority of us it is a bit of an art.

I don't have a nice humidor. When I do things right and take my time I use the tent and finish the grow by doing the dry inside there and I work on getting the humidity right. That makes it a lot easier. But then your tent goes down for a bit. I recall about a year and a half ago on here talking to someone about this and them going off about how no way they were gonna do a third room now (not at me like just venting "holly cow now I need a third space to do this right...where was that written")

But anyway jaring at precisely the right time can be done. I can't do that. I work 10 hour days with an hour commute each way. I can't be johnny on the spot and have more to do than my growing and my jobby job. I get around to it when I can. So often I jar early and burp or late and pray. I try to plan it out but you can't every time.

That is where the stems come in handy. Those things dehydrate slow and are what normally is used instead of the packs. When done right they cure without packs from the water in the stems. You can dial this in if your drying and curing space is controlled for temps and humidity. Those settings are NOT good for growing. So you need what?...a third tent. It is really a matter much you can safely slow down your clones for the in veg. I usually wont worry about the rooting the clones for long into bloom.

And that's about whats this idiot thinks about that.

:bigtoke:

Since I terminated two adult plants, I DO have the empty closet. This last harvest I clipped to coat hangers and hung them in the dark in that closet, and got a slight slow-down in drying. It's dark, but not necessary cool, but there are things I can do to improve the humidity, like run a fan blowing over a bin of water.

Thanks for reminding me about that third "tent"!

Yeah the curing is the last major phase of learning really. People will spend 2 years before they have decent enough weed to even try to cure something worth smoking. Then it takes messing it up at least twice before you get that right. It is common to take a few years to really get anything decent.

Man done right you can do it in 2 weeks and the smoke is not too harsh but you really gotta know your stuff so you don't burp.

I use multiple methods depending on what I screwed up this time. I try to follow what I showed early on. First dry in the tent, then burp in containers and then trim and jar it at the right humidity. I try to do that.

Hey Shig I was just thinking about you. I was smoking some of that what ya call "home grow"...this shwag with a stem on it...I did a Shigitty Flip in your honor and almost caught my workbench of fire :)

Takes some practice but I will figure this out. :rofl:

Yeah the curing is the last major phase of learning really. People will spend 2 years before they have decent enough weed to even try to cure something worth smoking. Then it takes messing it up at least twice before you get that right. It is common to take a few years to really get anything decent.

Man done right you can do it in 2 weeks and the smoke is not too harsh but you really gotta know your stuff so you don't burp.

I use multiple methods depending on what I screwed up this time. I try to follow what I showed early on. First dry in the tent, then burp in containers and then trim and jar it at the right humidity. I try to do that.

You are "programmed in multiple techniques". ;)

HAAAAhahaha

Oh gramma...took me a bit cause I was slightly high when reading that but I remembered... it took

0.68 seconds to be precise...For a Stoner waiting to get high that is nearly an eternity.

Alright so after 2 days of nights here are some chop down pics. They are hanging. Time to clean up this mess of a grow and put my house on the market.

Tops18.JPG
Tops_close.JPG
Mids3.JPG
Midsclose.JPG
222101.JPG

Have a safe 4th weekend yall!

So I just wanted to let those know who I help regular and have been unable to recently that it has all been worth it. I got the offer accepted for the land I wanted. So now I just need to get a home built on it.

But the kicker is... not only is it out in the country where no one can bother me...but I own part of a major river and a tributary. I have a ton of free legit water on my remote plot and lots of hidden space to plant outdoor.

I am gonna have to set up ram pumps all over and just let it happen LOL... I could probably grow along the river bank and make sure seeds naturally get sent down the valley.

The hard part is still ahead of me. I got a good 6 months I have to dedicate all my free time to this... but next spring, when I come back, we may get some 14 foot outdoor monsters to talk about.

I Jared up the last plants yesterday. Buy they looked good. I was gonna take pics...but then I got high.

It is very fluffy from all the heat damage but the potency...its there.

J116.JPG
Nug114.JPG
Nug211.JPG

Breaking down the tent and boxing EVERYTHING up this weekend. Hopefully I can find time this weekend as well to close this journal when I am done.

:Namaste:

VI, life will never be the same once you get out to your new place. It sounds heavenly. I've got 45 acres with my own springs/creek too. Neighbors are some distance away but there are a lot of people out on neighboring land that abuts mine so it's not nearly as private as it appears. Damn hunters :)

Congrats on your harvest.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

wann see sumtin cool?

I took one of the first gen clones that were the mothers of half the plants in there and did not cut it all back. Cut all the good stuff out and then through it outside while the days were already long but still getting longer. She has reveged and is coming back all over.

Here is what it looked like after harvest when I put it outside.

New_growth_Start.JPG

I just took this pic...

New_growth11.JPG

You can see in the background blury the next one too....all of them have started back up.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

An hey while I am at it I kept these clones around from the previous grow. In the first week of February I I planted them expecting them to freeze.

Since then I have chopped the right one back 3 times and the left one once. From Shoulder back to knee height. They haven't started blooming and again are almost to the height you can see over the fence. I am on a hill and this pic is facing up so the fence is downhill from these.

Anyway gotta go chop em again.

I copped off yard long branches just a few weeks ago.

Bottom of the black Fascia board is 53"

OD21.JPG

I believe it is lemon haze. Some Sativa from nirvana that smells of lemon like you can't believe.

Back
Top Bottom