Week 5 veg - Should I get more height before starting 12/12?

shazambooka

420 Member
Hey everyone,

This is my first grow and here is what I have so far..

Week 5 veg, my girls are looking pretty good I think so far? I feel pretty proud

4 strains
Berry Ryder (indica)
Buddah Kush OG (indica)
Cookies Kush (indica)
Bubblegummer (sativa)

Organic grow
600 watt led
soil fish farm/organic mix
fish farm nutrients (grow big and big bloom during veg)1 time a week
Watering 1 time a week

My tallest plant is 5 inch right now, they are starting to get some signs of pistons on the top but am wondering if I should let them grow in veg for another week or 2 then go to 12/12 for flowering.
WP_20160105_18_31_02_Rich.jpg
WP_20160105_18_30_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20160105_18_31_54_Pro1.jpg
WP_20160105_18_32_02_Pro1.jpg
WP_20160105_18_31_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20160105_18_31_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20160105_18_31_42_Pro.jpg
WP_20160105_18_31_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20160105_18_31_30_Pro.jpg
I keep reading different things but seems most people say to let them get some height first then take them into 12/12 flowering??

Is this right, should I let mine grow a little more or should I start the flowering now, being that they will grow more height during the flowering stage?

Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

How big is the tent? They will double in size in bloom if not more. Where is the light, where can it go? Take some measurements. That will tell you how tall to grow them in veg before bloom. you need 8 inches or more to the light. you can't grow them into the light. a good light needs 18 inches of space. You are not using one of those. So you have to hang the light that takes up 16 inches. Then you need 8 inches of space then you have to account for the pot. So lets say you have a total grow space of 33 inches after you measure all of that. To be safe start it somewhere between 11 and 15 inches tall because if you do things correctly it could triple in height. so if that happend at 11 inches you would be perfect. at 15 you will have to train them a bit outward.

An experienced grower would do things to get more yield and more even maturity of flowers to get more final weight. But you have a long way to go. You don't want to learn everything during your first grow or it will never finish.

Grow that 3 more weeks then flower and you should be okay. In the future you can learn about how to grow them for max yield but for now learn about how to grow them.

:peace:

Thanks for the reply..

That makes a lot of sense. I have a 32x32x60 tent the light right now is 8 inches above the highest plant with about another 16 inches it can be raised with the growth.

That's the reason I did my first grow organic to take my time and get some experience just growing.. :)

Do you think they are looking good so far at 5 weeks of veg?

yup they look healthy today...time wise there are too many factors. 5 weeks is just a number. don't think because the seed bank said it is a 12 week plant that it will be ready in 12 weeks. You are not a pro. Your setup is not perfect.

you are doing AWESOME!!!!!!

but do not follow the bottle recommendation on nutes just go half strength. Be patient and go 2 weeks beyond when you think they are ready.

:thumb:

Thanks..

Yes I learned the lesson already with the nutes. I followed the recommended dosage at first then got a little yellowing. So I diluted that by 50% and they responded to that pretty well.

Thanks for your time and advance :thanks:

Are these regular or autos? I ran a berry Ryder auto once thats why I ask. Plants look super healthy. If they are regs it looks like you can veg them quite a bit longer but its really personal preference. If they get too tall into flower I would just super crop them or scrog them. I usually veg most regs around 2mos before flowering.

Back
Top Bottom