What’re your favourite bottle nutes?

CharlieWaffles

Hi all
I’ve been using Advanced Nutrients since I started growing with very little complaints. I’m not an organic grower and at this point I am not interested in going that way. I do find that the Advanced line might possibly be the cause for all my grows tasting very similar. Anyone else find this? I’d like to try something new and I’ve heard good things about Bloom Yellow Bottle nutes. Does anyone have experience with this line? Also, where to buy them in Canada? Thoughts? Thanks

General Hydroponics

There is a belief system entailed of which chemical components are selected greatly affects the resulting outcome, including aftertaste of grown harvested cannabis buds.

General Hydroponics

There is a belief system entailed of which chemical components are selected greatly affects the resulting outcome, including aftertaste of grown harvested cannabis buds.
Exactly. I didn’t notice it until recently. But everything seems to taste and smell the same. Definitely time to switch and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

You are welcome!

The nearest direct comparison I could make to another market would be the use of a specific branded baking component and its either parent company or divisions methods in use in its refinement processes which may impart unique flavors to or qualities to any interaction involving refined flour as an additional component, xyz brand product + any either enjoyable or unpalatable experience regardless of nutritional value consistency or allergen potentiation. When we read concerning livestock and the quality selection of the feed choice imparting distinct nutritional, flavour and or aromas to resulting derived products, every choice is a matter of importance to producing higher elevated results. It is both a precise process and precise outcome we aim to achieve requiring consideration.

used AN for years and never ran across anything like that. i've made a lot of tinctures over that time as well and could literally taste the difference in strains and phenos.

edit : it does make some sense though.

The specific choice of chemical used for the source of the grow nutrients impart flavouring to cannabis buds, flavors are not what is perceived being but rather the waste metabolites from the chemistry taking place within the cannabis plant which the cannabis plant is not able to rid from its system without a harvest flush. This muddies the flavors and scents and greatly contributes to what is the raunchy hot road tar stench with poorly grown weed. by using the food preparation of baking equivalency would be the use of an unsuitable unstable oil which is either pre rancid or rancid fouling otherwise proper baked goods.

I have had conversations with a local patient collective which expressed the opinion this unconscious influence is why many cannabis users or patients either attempt making cannabis infusions, edibles or concentrates in an attempt to denature the raunchy weed rather continue to smoke cannabis as the method of ingestion .

ah. credibility ended at flush.

edit : you can try emerald harvest. it's made by the original guys that put AN together. An has gone to shit in the last few yrs, there was a big corporate take over, and the guys responsible for the formulations left en masse and started emerald.

AN's formulations seem to have gotten weakened by comparison.

remo also gets great marks here. there's a few others. i moved on from bottle nutes to dry mix nute that is much more effective.

I use AN in coco and General Hydroponics in DWC. Both work well but I favor the GH line because you alter the nutrient ratio's throughout the cycle bringing the N way down at the end. GH is also more stable PH wise in DWC for me.

I should also note that I use declorinated/PH adjusted tap with AN in coco and 0 TDS RO water in DWC hydro. AN claims to bring your PH in the perfect range for coco but I find that it depends greatly on how buffered your tap water is as to how well it does that.

Have tried it -poor results !! probably my fault I'm sure they work

I use AN in coco and General Hydroponics in DWC. Both work well but I favor the GH line because you alter the nutrient ratio's throughout the cycle bringing the N way down at the end. GH is also more stable PH wise in DWC for me.

I should also note that I use declorinated/PH adjusted tap with AN in coco and 0 TDS RO water in DWC hydro. AN claims to bring your PH in the perfect range for coco but I find that it depends greatly on how buffered your tap water is as to how well it does that.

gh is super stable. it gets piles of knocks for monsanto et al but it was the first and will still get you home on base nutes.

A large mis understanding is that the source of the nutrient and its chemical bond form usually is and does not denature over the course of a single grow season. The source of either nitrogen or ammonia does not denature and either the stable or unstable nature of the source ingredient also caries distinct scent aromas and flavourings, many either less desirable or unpalatable. This is where the specific selection and blend of raw sources of the nutrients greatly determines whether additional musky, skunk qualities are resulting from metabolites are expressed by the growing cannabis plants which are either altering the natural aroma and flavor of the cannabis buds. These metabolites are stored within the cellular vegetation and much of the curing process is allowing sufficient amount of time for these metabolites to partially degrade. The scent and flavor of what many interpret as chlorophyll is the buildup of these metabolites from less desirable raw source nutrient forms. These stable raw source nutrients are quite difficult for plants to reduce and denature without storing significant metabolites in the vegetative mass as the cannabis plant grows.

If I were to make a comparison to paint the unstable bond form would be akin to how water colours easily diluted or are transmutable unstable bond forms, exterior house paint stable bonds which are hard to denature and remain chemically unaltered for great extended periods of time through harsh weather environments.

When i recommend a harvest flush it is based on which nutrient line and company divisions selection of the raw source ingredients. At best between 10% - 18% of the stored metabolites from an undesirable stable raw source are able to be denatured during the curing process. This is where the term "cure" is preferred for the extended drying time slowly allows these stable bonds to reduce "to fix" with limited success as humidity reduces the permeability of the cellular walls .

This is why with many nutrient company's product lines nearly ever plant's grown aroma, palate and terpene profile lose distinct definition and have a similar flavor. Many connoisseurs are able to distinguish the nutrient line used to grow the cannabis buds.

Back
Top Bottom