What am I doing wrong?

bpelectrical888

420 Member
This plant is 3 months old and yes this is my first grow but shouldn't this bad boy be 3 times the size???? Thank you VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

16172436879507548140449503722627.jpg

This plant is 3 months old and yes this is my first grow but shouldn't this bad boy be 3 times the size???? Thank you VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

16172436879507548140449503722627.jpg
As Nunyabiz stated we need more info.
What's in your pot
What nutrients you using
How and when have you been watering her???
I see you have a prob in the pot.Yeiks
Take that out and throw it away.

Hey BP,

Welcome aboard! There are so many variables to growing....that looks like soil, but so does coco yet coco is totally different from soil. Plus in the soil category some of the cheaper soils have nutrients already added to the mix, while others don’t have nutrients added. So yes all of stuff this matters greatly.... help us to help you by supply more info in detail.

Agree with Bill - those soil probes are about as useful as tits on an alligator and best used as a double marshmellow roasting stick

Seems like that Geopot should look a little crusty on the outside after 3 months....
It doesn't, so that suggests to me that you haven't been watering enough...but, that's just a guess, which is all we can do without a bit more info...

Suspect low temps & cold feet. Can you lay a hygrometer in the bottom of the tent? What kind of floor is under the tent?

Watering every other day is really bad. Watering on a schedule is really bad. The roots have never learned to search for water because the soil is always damp. The bags need to totally dry out so the bag is light as a feather, that may take 5 to 7 days with no water added. The plant will be fine, she’s not going to die. Roots can’t grow in a continuously wet soil, they can’t breath.

I agree with above members ,
i suspect you have been watering down the trunk of the plant from the first watering , its always good to water around the edges for a while , Roots grow in moist soil ,soaked soil is a no no they can rot and shut down like a dormant plant , i use to let dry out completely but i stunted my autos so now i bottom and top water to find the balance of a moist pot not soaked and not bone dry, , I am organic so it works for me , i use a lot or perlite and coco so watering more is better for me and still give oxygen to the roots . plus i have my res with an air stone and pump for an extra hit of oxygen ,

:goodluck:

Seems like that Geopot should look a little crusty on the outside after 3 months....
It doesn't, so that suggests to me that you haven't been watering enough...but, that's just a guess, which is all we can do without a bit more info...
When my flowering cabinet or tent is filled and there is no more room I have to slow down the growth on any clones waiting their turn. One easy way to do that is to stop watering until absolutely necessary. Then just enough water to keep the plant from dying. Once I am a few weeks away from having room for flowering I start to water more often and the plant will start to take off again.

So, yep, without that layer of mineral deposits on the outside of the cloth pot that could be a sign that there is not enough water. Even if watering every day, still not enough to get the entire column of soil moist enough to cause rapid growing.

When my flowering cabinet or tent is filled and there is no more room I have to slow down the growth on any clones waiting their turn. One easy way to do that is to stop watering until absolutely necessary. Then just enough water to keep the plant from dying. Once I am a few weeks away from having room for flowering I start to water more often and the plant will start to take off again.

So, yep, without that layer of mineral deposits on the outside of the cloth pot that could be a sign that there is not enough water. Even if watering every day, still not enough to get the entire column of soil moist enough to cause rapid growing.
Exactly what it looked like to me also.
Not enough water.

Back
Top Bottom