What are some popular nutes that work well?

Sharksbreath

I've never used nutes before and would like to try some out during my grow. Can someone recommend me some good basic nutes to use during veg, and something to use during flower. Preferably something easy to use that isn't too complicated. Basically idiot proof .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used a more expensive fertilizer line for my first grow and was frustrated with pH issues. This grow I am using FloraNova Grow for my veg phase and FloraNova Bloom for when flowering happens. I helped a friend with his grow and these nutrients worked out very well for him. Hope it helps!

You want idiot proof then invest a few bux into Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect basic 3-part or even better the Sensi or Connoisseur ones I use. Work great in dirt, soilless or hydro and you never have to bother checking the pH of anything. Spend $20 - $30 bux on a decent ppm pen instead. I use only RO or distilled water for best results. Most tap water is crap that will mess up your plants without weekly changes in hydro or frequent flushes in soil grows. All the minerals that mess up your coffee maker or kettle mess up your plants too.

The base nutes are only a few dollars more than the GH/Monsanto/MiracleGrow junk that passes for grow nutes with the uneducated.

Nutes are a small part of the total cost of growing and cheaping out on nutes will cost more than a few dollars saved on crap.

:peace:

Thanks everyone for the replies, I've been looking into the advanced nutrients nutes but I'm unsure of which I should buy for veg/flower phase. They have so many different nutes it's a tad overwhelming lol .

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Ignore the whole line at AN Sharksbreath.

The basic 3-part alone will grow decent bud. I've used it since '01 almost exclusively. I was very wary of the pH Perfect part when it first came out but q couple years ago bought Sensi for grow and Connie for flower tho both lines have Grow and Bloom 2 part to cover it all. I'm low on both and have decided to go back to the 3-part nutes so that I have better control over the N in the later stage of flowering.

Once stretch is over the plants need much less N and with the 2-part nutes you can't adjust for that much. With the 3-part you just stop using the Grow bottle after stretch.. Usually 3 weeks into flowering after lights are flipped to 12/12.

Other than that I only have used Big Bud powder for the boost from a week before I flip, Rhino Skin from sprout because all plants grow better with silica and a dab of CalMag because I use RO water only and the plants like a little more.

I've grown colas bigger than my forearm with that under 400W HPS lights. Good ones tho like the EYE Hortilux or SolarMax. Cheapo bulbs grow cheapo buds.

For sure you can get a bit bigger buds using the full line of supplements but it's like building the fanciest race car on the block. Keep chucking money into it to get a few more percent performance until it blows up. Get it running right and on the road looking good as it passes the finish line is more rewarding with lots less stress and more impressive than a flame out any day to me.

16 years so far and no tears.

:peace:

I use AN 3 part and i love it. A bit expensive but they are mix and add. I havent had to check ph in months which is great because i have kids and a job. Before switching i felt like i was always attached to my hydro buckets but now i have time for life as well. Always shop around online for your best prices.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you everyone for the information overload. I love getting conflicting opinions on products because then I get to research them all and pick whichever suits me best. So far though, the ph perfect 3part from AN sounds pretty appealing to me. I use RO water only too, so do I need to supplement cal/mag too? Or no, since I use soil? What exactly is rhino skin? Could anyone recommend a good root nute? Something that'll establish better and stronger roots for my plants? I would love to go organic, but I don't see too many lines of organic nutes. Also, I don't have time or space to compost my own. My mother composts for her garden, so maybe I could visit her and steal some of her compost lol. Probably not haha . I live in the states, east coast. Somewhere close to the nations capital . I've heard pretty mixed reviews on roots organic nutes. Some say it's good, others say it's awful. So I need to look into that one more too. The world of nutrients is so big.. I need more time in the day to research this stuff. My girls are about to be thirsty for nutes soon and I haven't even narrowed my choices down yet lol. Thank you to everyone who's trying to help me figure this all out. I couldn't figure out how to quote everyone individually. I tried to answer everyone. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. .

Rhino Skin is silica. Helps plants develop stronger stems and branches and helps them be a bit more resistant to heat and disease. Its in my arsenal. For my roots i used to use voodoo juice but it is expensive so now i use hydroguard and great white. Tho i have heard a lot of positives about house & garden roots excelurator. I think that is on the costly side as well. Heres my complete rundown... AN 3 part, rhino skin, big bud, hammerhead, overdrive, flawless finish, great white(or other mycos), hydroguard, enzymes and calmag +. The 3 part, the calmag and the benes/mycos are my base tho. All the other stuff i picked up because i found it really cheap and wanted to see if it makes a difference. You will probably need some kind of Ca/Mg supplement.

Rhino Skin is silica. Helps plants develop stronger stems and branches and helps them be a bit more resistant to heat and disease. Its in my arsenal. For my roots i used to use voodoo juice but it is expensive so now i use hydroguard and great white. Tho i have heard a lot of positives about house & garden roots excelurator. I think that is on the costly side as well. Heres my complete rundown... AN 3 part, rhino skin, big bud, hammerhead, overdrive, flawless finish, great white(or other mycos), hydroguard, enzymes and calmag +. The 3 part, the calmag and the benes/mycos are my base tho. All the other stuff i picked up because i found it really cheap and wanted to see if it makes a difference. You will probably need some kind of Ca/Mg supplement.

Thanks for breaking that down for me. The AN 3 part sounds like the way to go for me. Still trying to decide whose cal/mag to buy, and I was also thinking of getting voodoo juice as well since I've only ever heard great things from those who use it. Are all these okay to use in FFOF/FFHF? I've heard some nutes don't do well in soil grows or cause lookups and salt deposits. Thanks again.

Can't speak to soil use as im a hydro guy. I definitely recommend some kind of benes tho. Ive never had roots grow so fast and beautifully. Voodoo gets really expensive but works well. There are cheaper comparable benes out there but if you have the dough and want to stick to one brand...

Thanks everyone for the replies, I've been looking into the advanced nutrients nutes but I'm unsure of which I should buy for veg/flower phase. They have so many different nutes it's a tad overwhelming lol .

Call them. They are good people and will walk you through options.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I always recommend a sample box for your first time. You get a little bit of everything for a good price and replacing empty bottles is usually one at a time. I believe roots organics has one. I bought a go box from general organics. $50 to start your veg and flower with instructions on the box. No ph testing and there bottles range from 15 to 30 dollars. The only thing I feel is missing is silica and molasses.

I used Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur 2 part with pH perfect in FFOF for my first grow. It worked very well for a while but I ran into massive pH issues (less than 4.4) with my runoff. My tap water pH is 7 and I had flushed during that grow, but it was nearly impossible to correct. My friend is a chemist and told me that the buffers they use can do weird things in soil. Despite this issue it was still a solid yield so I guess it wasn't all bad lol.

Has anyone heard or tried Grow More brands? Or Liquinox? These are american brands found in shops where I live. Id like to know how they fare in their home country.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Been gone for a bit, visited some friends for the holidays. Think I'll be trying out the FF trio. Been told AN is geared toward hydro set ups, would still work with soil but could run into ph problems depending on soil used. Decided since I already use FF soil that I'd also try their nutes. Thanks to everyone who's replied, everyone's input has been more than welcomed. Loving hearing back from fellow growers.

Back
Top Bottom