What Do You Do To Pass The Time?

I watch the news and yell at the TV, gripe about the price of everything, talk about how much better things were "in my day", chase kids off my front lawn,and grumble about whatever the neighbors are doing....
Obviously,I'm a busy guy...but somehow I find the time to grow a little cannabis....;)

Damn!! The Grinch comes to mind!!! But then again, he is green in green, all the way through... 2 green thumbs and i believe 3 green fingers/hand...

Mounty

Ma'am Threadstarter: Sorry for the thread rob.. had to add a comment..

Mounty

I'm gonna stop wondering where the time goes.

It goes too fast to stop and wonder where it goes. If I did stop, I'd probably miss something important, like feeding my plants.

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Well, I had four on the go and had to feed each of them... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't see the trichomes with my naked MK1 eyeballs, so I use a USB microscope. They now have them in WiFi which makes them more portable. I take a very small snip of a flower and leaf or two to use them. If you go this route I recommend the "MoKo WiFi USB Digital Microscope, 1080P HD 2MP Camera, 50x to 1000x Magnification Mini Pocket Handheld Wireless Endoscope 8 LED." Also save yourself a lot of hassles and get a "Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base Stand." The stands these microscopes usually come with are next to useless.

You can get a clip-on lens for a smart phone. I stayed away from these as I was unsure I could hold it steady enough to get a decent shot.

I found it next to impossible to use a 60X magnifying lens, or the microscope at the plants. My hands just aren't steady enough anymore.
I appreciate this advice, especially about the stand. You may have seen my blurryphone pics.

Today I am looking into a microscope. My first grow is coming along and I am researching scales and microscopes. Any suggestions for strength and quality?
Inexpensive but adequate would be best. Ability to go outside would be a second nice feature. I was searching and most posts on microscopes are fairly old.
Does one even need one? Can you go by calyx color alone or see the trichomes enough by naked eye?

This is the best scope I have found. Doesn't cost much and is real easy to use. Amazon has them for just a couple bucks. So cheap that you can throw them out when they don't work anymore. Which will happen. I ordered replacement batteries for them but didn't end up using them. By the time the batteries died the lens was covered in resin and was blurry. So I just started throwing them out when that happened or the battery died what ever happens first. I can't see this being any different with any of them. They all are going to get covered in resin so they might as well be cheap and replaceable. This was the simplest of all the ones I have tried.
Here's a picture of it.
View media item 1678234

This is the best scope I have found. Doesn't cost much and is real easy to use. Amazon has them for just a couple bucks. So cheap that you can throw them out when they don't work anymore. Which will happen. I ordered replacement batteries for them but didn't end up using them. By the time the batteries died the lens was covered in resin and was blurry. So I just started throwing them out when that happened or the battery died what ever happens first. I can't see this being any different with any of them. They all are going to get covered in resin so they might as well be cheap and replaceable. This was the simplest of all the ones I have tried.
Here's a picture of it.
View media item 1678234

I wouldn't say they all get a coat of resin. You can keep the lens out of it with a stand. You can clean off the resin from the more expensive lenses with alcohol. Those stand microscopes, and clip on lenses for smart phones allow us to share what we see. That was important for my first grow or two. I still use the images taken back then to show new growers what they are looking for in the trichomes.

I wouldn't say they all get a coat of resin. You can keep the lens out of it with a stand. You can clean off the resin from the more expensive lenses with alcohol. Those stand microscopes, and clip on lenses for smart phones allow us to share what we see. That was important for my first grow or two. I still use the images taken back then to show new growers what they are looking for in the trichomes.
Haha. I’m heariing that one does get resin all over. I hope so. I ordered the microscope and will look into the stand after feeling out the microscope.

I play guitar to pass the time.
And bass..

7350B535-4252-4ED3-9CAE-F1B722870836.jpeg
A3C01C5F-B5FB-42AB-AB82-D479B6B4853F.jpeg

Here's a picture of it.
View media item 1678234
Yeah those aren't bad especially for how cheap they are. I think I got mine for like $6

For $10 I got a "Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x" MM-300. It uses a double-AA and has a housing that keeps the bud off the lens. It's a little harder to use but the light and the higher magnification really help out.

I play guitar to pass the time.
And bass..

7350B535-4252-4ED3-9CAE-F1B722870836.jpeg
A3C01C5F-B5FB-42AB-AB82-D479B6B4853F.jpeg
Nice Fenders

I have a habit of getting bored and selling my guitars when I need a little extra cash, so I invested in some cheap-os. I got a Yamaha FG800 and a LTD MH-50. Not really a small investment, but I'm going to try not to resell these ones.

I am a weird guitar player. I refuse to learn other people's stuff. I mean, not completely, I will learn some riffs and licks here and there, but I mostly just like to play my own stuff. Not to be pretentious about it, I just don't have the patience to learn how to play someone else riff. I just like to make up my own, get stoned, and play them over and over until I get them stuck in my head. It's kind of like I"m my own radio.

Nice Fenders

I have a habit of getting bored and selling my guitars when I need a little extra cash, so I invested in some cheap-os. I got a Yamaha FG800 and a LTD MH-50. Not really a small investment, but I'm going to try not to resell these ones.

I am a weird guitar player. I refuse to learn other people's stuff. I mean, not completely, I will learn some riffs and licks here and there, but I mostly just like to play my own stuff. Not to be pretentious about it, I just don't have the patience to learn how to play someone else riff. I just like to make up my own, get stoned, and play them over and over until I get them stuck in my head. It's kind of like I"m my own radio.
I find if I buy fairly expensive instruments, I tend to baby them and keep them.

I’m a lot like you man. I like to develop or “write” my own tunes too. Then I record them. Some end up on albums, some are just for kicks. When I was a kid I would learn entire LP’s. Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple and the like. It gives you a good frame of reference for your own stuff, and helps you hopefully develop your own style.

I can't see the trichomes with my naked MK1 eyeballs, so I use a USB microscope. They now have them in WiFi which makes them more portable. I take a very small snip of a flower and leaf or two to use them. If you go this route I recommend the "MoKo WiFi USB Digital Microscope, 1080P HD 2MP Camera, 50x to 1000x Magnification Mini Pocket Handheld Wireless Endoscope 8 LED." Also save yourself a lot of hassles and get a "Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base Stand." The stands these microscopes usually come with are next to useless.

You can get a clip-on lens for a smart phone. I stayed away from these as I was unsure I could hold it steady enough to get a decent shot.

I found it next to impossible to use a 60X magnifying lens, or the microscope at the plants. My hands just aren't steady enough anymore.

I purchased this one last week, now to figure out how to use it better. A few handheld attempts and a table top of two blueberry plants at 45 days of flower. Thank you guys very much.

I'm seeing some amber in the top two images, but the third shows largely clear trichomes. I'd say you have at least two weeks to go yet.
Thank you for the observation. I’ll probably attempt a better sampling around the plant at lights on tonight. Two weeks would mesh with the breeders recommendation. The handheld photos were attempted at the sugariest tops; where the leaf was cut down the flower a bit to get a sizable one.

Back
Top Bottom