The original age old controversial question

Triple R

Morning Y'all, here it is. When do you start counting weeks of flower, the day you flip to 12 hrs., Or whe you actually start seeing the flowers? I usually get a 2-3 week period waiting for the white hairs. I know the plant will tell you when it's done but it's nice to have a guideline. Thanks

Every strain is different, but I start counting a transition period on the day of the flip. In my gardens, bloom does not start until I see pistils instead of new green growth coming from the tips, and this takes anywhere from 7-14 days from the flip, depending on the variety. When I start my bloom countdown at the end of this Transitioning period, I can count on the breeder's recommendations of flowering time to be accurate, and I am able because of this to predict my harvest date 2-3 months in advance, within a few days, every time.

when one starts counting is purely personal,, no right or wrong at all there

but,, why does one want or need to have calculus enter the conversation,, why need to use math to figure it all out

the day i flip, that is day one of flower,, end of story.

no conversion necessary friend

when one starts counting is purely personal,, no right or wrong at all there

but,, why does one want or need to have calculus enter the conversation,, why need to use math to figure it all out

the day i flip, that is day one of flower,, end of story.

no conversion necessary friend

Plus 1 ^^^^

I think it happens slowly... until suddenly one day the pistils are everywhere. That for me is when bloom starts.
Thank you, I didn't make it clear, when you decide to move to flowering, do you decrease the amount of light on time gradually, or all at one time?
For example, current ON time is 18 hours, OFF time is 6 hours. Et. You now are satisfied with current plant growth/size/its throwing pistols etc, and move to flowering.
Do you cut the light ON time to 12 hours abruptly all at once?
Do you reduce it, cutting it down by so many minutes each day?
I have used the 2 week method for photos indoors as an instant overnight reduction didn't seem to help them at all. I bring this whole thing up because I have an idea this process could be causing more hermaphrodite problems with the instant switch than the gradual one. Nothing based in research, just a hunch. TIA

My indoors Day 1 of Flowering is the day I switch my lights to 12/12, thus starting the flowering period for the plant. This includes the 1-2 weeks of growth before the flower buds show up. Outdoors Day 1 of Flowering is a little different and I start counting on the day I see bud sites form because it is hard to tell the plant has started flowering and stretching until the sites are there. At least autos are easy, with seed to harvest instead of flowering windows.

Now do I really care? Not really, the majority of breeders descriptions are shyte, many are confusing, and all seem pointless in the end when you are checking trichomes with a loupe anyways.

In a perfect world a breeder should give you a detailed plan from seed to harvest with nutrient requirements and descriptions of the expected growth on a weekly schedule. Would be great right? Actually growing the plant as the breeder intended to it's maximum potential, who would have thought of such an outlandish idea? There are only a few that I know do this.

As for the actual flip indoors with lights, I will start 12/12 with 12 hours of darkness first instead 12 hours of light. Zero clue if it makes a difference.

Thank you, I didn't make it clear, when you decide to move to flowering, do you decrease the amount of light on time gradually, or all at one time?
For example, current ON time is 18 hours, OFF time is 6 hours. Et. You now are satisfied with current plant growth/size/its throwing pistols etc, and move to flowering.
Do you cut the light ON time to 12 hours abruptly all at once?
Do you reduce it, cutting it down by so many minutes each day?
I have used the 2 week method for photos indoors as an instant overnight reduction didn't seem to help them at all. I bring this whole thing up because I have an idea this process could be causing more hermaphrodite problems with the instant switch than the gradual one. Nothing based in research, just a hunch. TIA
I do it all at once and never have had a hermaphrodite in all these years, so I hesitate to think that the sudden change in light would cause that

I start counting from the day the plant goes into the flowering tent. All plants get treated the same. No having to look for pistils or looking to see if buds are forming. The process starts on that date, the day when it goes 12/12.

The plants, usually clones, go from the vegetating closet, and whatever length of light is there, into the flowering cabinet without any stepping down of the number of hours of light.

Since it is a perpetual grow I would need another closet, tent or cabinet to put the plants into while I slowly dropped the number of hours of the length of light. None of them have filed any complaints that I am practicing plant abuse because of that method.

Morning Y'all, here it is. When do you start counting weeks of flower, the day you flip to 12 hrs., Or whe you actually start seeing the flowers? I usually get a 2-3 week period waiting for the white hairs. I know the plant will tell you when it's done but it's nice to have a guideline. Thanks

i never count days. it's ready when it's ready. jamaican told me that once. boy he was right.

i do a dimishing light schedule in flower. so i flip to 12/12, and usually roll it back to 11/13 inside 2 weeks, and may go a step further to 10/14 a couple 3 wks after that if i feel like messing with it. you need enough of a light rig for it though. then it just sits there til i feel they're done. however long that is.

Back
Top Bottom