OGeMann

Just on two girls: they are 6 weeks from seed. The nutrients that I used was focused on the buds this was today, the last feeding was what I followed on the recommendations (chart) but at half strength, just like today. The EC and PPM was at range both times. Soil that I use is Fox Farm Ocean Forest mix with COCO. I took a readings of the runoff, just being curious and it was higher then what I put in, should I be worried and is there something that I can do to get a handle on this???? HELP ME???

12884E25-5D8A-4D20-901D-5DE0C6780959.jpeg
0A27715C-3046-4553-893F-A25F59639225.jpeg
9977C360-FA04-4BD9-B603-969524C08CD7.jpeg
6CB66545-67FB-4A7C-9400-FB722504F04E.jpeg

What size pot are you in & how much Coco did you mix in with the FFOF soil. Soil has buffers. Coco does not. Soil pH's to 6.4. Coco pH is 5.8. You set yourself up for issues mixing the 2 as they require different things. Only time I use Coco in FFOF is in the Solo Cup to start the seed so it isn't too hot a mix for a seedling. After the solo cup use just the FFOF without added Coco. Coco requires Cal Mag & I believe you are having a Calcium issue. You can add 2 ml. of Cal Mag per gal. to your nutes to help fix it.

What size pot are you in & how much Coco did you mix in with the FFOF soil. Soil has buffers. Coco does not. Soil pH's to 6.4. Coco pH is 5.8. You set yourself up for issues mixing the 2 as they require different things. Only time I use Coco in FFOF is in the Solo Cup to start the seed so it isn't too hot a mix for a seedling. After the solo cup use just the FFOF without added Coco. Coco requires Cal Mag & I believe you are having a Calcium issue. You can add 2 ml. of Cal Mag per gal. to your nutes to help fix it.
It’s about a 80 FFOF /20 coco mix 3 gal fabric pots, next grow using 5 gallon fabric pots. I did just that with PH water at 6.5. Thanks for the advice about mixing the two, I will just be focusing on just PH adjusted water and nutrients as need

how is the humidity >, higher humidity will cause calcium defs, also cal locks up quicker in soil
I take it this is auto , and i take it you give a PK boost ? as your stated
"The nutrients that I used was focused on the buds " this might make things worse today for you
Just give plain old ph water at 6.4 , next couple of times , (N) will be first to leave, i wouldn't want to flush it just yet,

It’s about a 80 FFOF /20 coco mix 3 gal fabric pots, next grow using 5 gallon fabric pots. I did just that with PH water at 6.5. Thanks for the advice about mixing the two, I will just be focusing on just PH adjusted water and nutrients as need
I would look at the high end of the Coco pH (6.0 I think), & the Low end of soil pH (6.0 I think) & water / feed closer to that since it's a mixed media. You'll probably need to be somewhere between 5.9 - 6.3 pH to balance things out is my thought. But I'm not positive on this so maybe someone else has some insight on it. Reason I'm not sure is the soil has buffers & the Coco doesn't.

with 20 percent it will be ok , about 50 percent id be looking at it different , i would have added perlite over coco for better drainage,
With that said I’ll be doing that and using 5 gallon fabric pots instead of the 3 gallon fabric pots, different soil

Back
Top Bottom