What is that, light burn?

The last 2 pictures did u see how the bud defoliation? Should I be worry about I have like 4 plants looking that wired are they go back to veg or what. I spray them with pure crop Athena ipm and flying skull can I do some damage on the trichroms or lowered my thc with spraying them that late in veg it’s week 5 of flowering

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Beautiful flower room. :thumb:
Spraying them 8n veg won't effect thc your ok.
I do see the odd single blade leaf in there, what are the light time's?
12/12? Or less?

Stay safe
Bill

he pruned the flowering tops back…. yeah they will either get pissed and send growth down to the roots which should cause her to bulk up or get pissed and maybe get one to hermie out later but imho it’s not going to stop flower or cause a reveg…. your light hours determines that part.

but I’m curious to hear how it unfolds down the road

heres copy of that last pic

1640901193202.jpeg

he pruned the flowering tops back…. yeah they will either get pissed and send growth down to the roots which should cause her to bulk up or get pissed and maybe get one to hermie out later but imho it’s not going to stop flower or cause a reveg…. your light hours determines that part.

but I’m curious to hear how it unfolds down the road

heres copy of that last pic

1640901193202.jpeg
What about the light hours ? Btw I lie it’s 24/7 on I don’t give them breaks it’s always one light to keep them awake and I have only 2 btw I think they getting better

I’m sorry, in previous post you asked …..

Should I be worry about I have like 4 plants looking that wired are they go back to veg or what.

and my reply was…..

what I meant was pruning the tops back should not impact veg or flower status - your light hours control that. It sounded ok in my head but prolly clear as mud

I’m sorry, in previous post you asked …..

Should I be worry about I have like 4 plants looking that wired are they go back to veg or what.

and my reply was…..

what I meant was pruning the tops back should not impact veg or flower status - your light hours control that. It sounded ok in my head but prolly clear as mud
I understand now

@Bill284 I don't think it's mites... doesn't seem to match the damage caused by mites, and evidence of mites should be fairly obvious if that's what it was.

I think there may be more than one thing going on... 1) possibly a camouflaged light green caterpillar (photo below), and 2) some kind of stress that's causing the leaves to be malformed.

Could be one of these guys...
Cannabis-Pest-Caterpillar-1024x683.jpg

The below pic you provided tells a story of being malformed due to something in the environment that the plant is experiencing, which could be related to lighting, nutes, water, temperature, humidity... something. But I have never seen this. A virus is also possible... something is causing normal leaf growth to go haywire... sort of like a genetic defect. Viruses can do this.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 05.37.46 PM.png

Maybe this is a case of Cannabis Disease Syndrome (CDS), which is explained here: The Threat of Viral Cannabis Diseases

The article says that CDS can cause "distorted leaf margins," which is exactly what you have. This can be caused by a virus alone or perhaps in concert with fungus.

Pic from the CDS article:
image5.png

Plant viruses are typically transmitted by insects that bite and suck on plant juices. My advice is to completely remove these plants from the grow area and destroy them. Any nearby healthy plants... you might want to spray them with an insecticidal mixture. What I use is organic neem oil combined with water, Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, and 10-20 drops of pure food grade limonene (terpene from orange oil). The limonene is a potent insecticide, but be careful how much you use, since it can burn the leaves. I use 2 tbs neem, 1 tbs soap, in 1 gal. of water.

good luck ~ nice looking grow! :)

@Bill284 I don't think it's mites... doesn't seem to match the damage caused by mites, and evidence of mites should be fairly obvious if that's what it was.

I think there may be more than one thing going on... 1) possibly a camouflaged light green caterpillar (photo below), and 2) some kind of stress that's causing the leaves to be malformed.

Could be one of these guys...
Cannabis-Pest-Caterpillar-1024x683.jpg

The below pic you provided tells a story of being malformed due to something in the environment that the plant is experiencing, which could be related to lighting, nutes, water, temperature, humidity... something. But I have never seen this. A virus is also possible... something is causing normal leaf growth to go haywire... sort of like a genetic defect. Viruses can do this.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 05.37.46 PM.png

Maybe this is a case of Cannabis Disease Syndrome (CDS), which is explained here: The Threat of Viral Cannabis Diseases

The article says that CDS can cause "distorted leaf margins," which is exactly what you have. This can be caused by a virus alone or perhaps in concert with fungus.

Pic from the CDS article:
image5.png

Plant viruses are typically transmitted by insects that bite and suck on plant juices. My advice is to completely remove these plants from the grow area and destroy them. Any nearby healthy plants... you might want to spray them with an insecticidal mixture. What I use is organic neem oil combined with water, Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, and 10-20 drops of pure food grade limonene (terpene from orange oil). The limonene is a potent insecticide, but be careful how much you use, since it can burn the leaves. I use 2 tbs neem, 1 tbs soap, in 1 gal. of water.

good luck ~ nice looking grow! :)
I use 2 tbs neem and 5 tbs soap for a gallon of water it works for spider mites but I never know we that on flowering heart it’s slow down the growth and flowering cause the neem clogging the stomata or something so I use that mix in veg only when they recover more easy

5 tbsp soap? wow. For me that would create a sprayer full of heavy foam! Bronners is very concentrated. I also don't apply neem during later phase flowering. Another spray to use is just the limonene and the soap; but again, be careful with the amount.

5 tbsp soap? wow. For me that would create a sprayer full of heavy foam!
Yep, that caught my attention too.

I suggest that the poster go back and re-read the back of the bottle of Neem Oil and verify that the amounts are correct.

The Neem Oil I use is a very common brand and to make one gallon of spray it calls for 2 tablespoons of Oil and about 2 teaspoons of mild dish soap. Overdoing the soap to the oil and water ratio might be what is creating some of the problems.

Back
Top Bottom