What is the reason for this?

toiskis

Okey so I'm having some problems with my baby.

Soil, plagron bat mix
315w cmh
Amnesia haze

I have been feeding only plain tap water.

Is this cal mg defiency what I'm thinking, or is this something else?

Keep safe

Toiskis
20240429_133839.jpg
20240429_133832.jpg
20240429_133826.jpg

I have used to do hydro-runs, i have ph meter but i havent checked the ph for now going with soil. I have other plants (autos) in soil without any problems with plain water.

I know that the ph is roughly around 7.

This is around 6 weeks old now, this one is in 3L soil, autos are at 10L soil so i was thinking could it be just that simple that there are no necessary nutrients anymore available?

Was it sprouted in Bat mix? That is normally used for transplanting into flower. Both are amended with lime so pH shouldn't be that big of a problem yet.

One of my first runs were with only Playron soil. Grow mix and then transplant a couple of times with Royal mix or Bat mix. No fertilizers added with great results.

I have used to do hydro-runs, i have ph meter but i havent checked the ph for now going with soil. I have other plants (autos) in soil without any problems with plain water.

I know that the ph is roughly around 7.

This is around 6 weeks old now, this one is in 3L soil, autos are at 10L soil so i was thinking could it be just that simple that there are no necessary nutrients anymore available?
If you choose to use this old pH pen. Please calibrate the pen or else your wasting your time. Just speaking from experience

Was it sprouted in Bat mix? That is normally used for transplanting into flower. Both are amended with lime so pH shouldn't be that big of a problem yet.

One of my first runs were with only Playron soil. Grow mix and then transplant a couple of times with Royal mix or Bat mix. No fertilizers added with great results.
It was sprouted with seedling soil, transplanted it like 3 weeks ago, i have had some problems with low humidity.

So are you saying that bat mix is way too strong for veg plants?

7 is too high.

6.3 soil otherwise your causing an opportunity for nutrient lockout condition. Regardless of the other plant being ok.

Super small for 6weeks. Definitely starved.
Funny to read from plant abuse chart that with 6.3 ph you will lock out some nutes.
But i will give it a try and see whats the deal with the ph of the tap water.

I'm new to soil grows, and this one is photoperiod rqs amnesia haze.

I was planning to keep this as a mother and take clones from it.

pH of 'plain water can also raise, over time. Especially if sitting in soil. Becoming stagnant.

This has to do with water's ability to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere (or release it into the atmosphere), which shifts the pH levels. pH levels begin to rise as carbonic acid turns into CO2. As the water warms up, the CO2 evaporates from the reservoir. This natural process increases the pH level.

pH of 'plain water can also raise, over time. Especially if sitting in soil. Becoming stagnant.

This has to do with water's ability to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere (or release it into the atmosphere), which shifts the pH levels. pH levels begin to rise as carbonic acid turns into CO2. As the water warms up, the CO2 evaporates from the reservoir. This natural process increases the pH level.
Thanks mate, i will calibrate the ph according to your earlier photo.

Soil chart. I only grow soil.

Funny or not. Not all charts are equal. Some give you a wide range, and no grow media type. This is the most accurate that I've found for what I have witnessed. I've got 6 or so I use to reference.

To each their own.

20240429_171943.jpg
By fast look, i bought way too cheap NEW ph pen. Just calibrated it. It shows my taps ph is 8,4.

Pretty sure it could be magnesium lock out by the ph.

How did calibrate the pen?
I bought ph meter from LIDL, like 7€ it had 3 point calibration, it was brand new just popped it and calibrated it with its own powder calibration.
Also my town water company declares over the internet that the tap water is 7,5-8,4.

With my earlier hydro grows, i have had milwaukee meters with accurate results.
And i lived in another town back then.

Hey, you said that you are experienced with soil.

Do you have any tips to how to turn the boat around with this amnesia haze, any suggestion?

Also i have been scouting your diaries, dude nice work.
Your only opportunity is to get the plant healthier. Then bump to flower to try to salvage the grow. Everyone will get away a bit of pH fluctuations. But it's ideal to keep water/feeding 6.3, and the soil below 7ph.

I too have high pH water. 7.9-8.8 at the well. Just by adding my full line of nutrients, I can bring it down to 6.5-7ph. then I add my pH down to desired level.

If I'm just watering, it takes a lot more pH down. To get to my desired 6.3.

what I've noticed with my test I'm running.

I've got well water that's sat 48hrs pre experiment.

well water with pH down set 6.2

well water with full nutrients and pH down. At 6.2

the well water has risen dramatically, just sitting out over the last 5 days.

the well water with pH down has risen quite a bit over 5 days.

my nutrients, with pH down. Has been dramatically more stable, with minimal rise over 5 days.

I should have the results posted later today for the 5 day trial. I was going to run 7days but I don't think I need to do that. As I never have water/nutrients laying around more than overnight.

now imagine you water your plants with that high pH tap water. Cause you said you weren't feeding.

Depending on your soil it may buffer the pH for a moment, but ultimately it will rise. You might want to do some reading on dolomite lime, I hear it can help buffer the soil around 7.

you mentioned a water report. Does it give you a break down of what's in the water? Like minerals and such?

here is an example. Many reports look different

a-guide-to-interpreting-your-water-quality-analysis-report.jpg

plant is clearly starved. feed or up pot into soil with more nutes.

ph according to your media as you feed / water. chasing runoff ph is going to spiral you out and kill the plant. calibrate the ph meter you have and contemplate getting a better one. the usb stick type just don't cut it. anything relying on the powder mix to calibrate is only going to be ballpark. in lots of cases it's good enough. but not always.

i've used my ph meter against other usb types to test them and have found them to sometimes be horribly out to the point the grower experiences issues.

stick to the simple plans, don't ball yourself up looking for complicated answers.

grow will be fine.

plant is clearly starved. feed or up pot into soil with more nutes.

ph according to your media as you feed / water. chasing runoff ph is going to spiral you out and kill the plant. calibrate the ph meter you have and contemplate getting a better one. the usb stick type just don't cut it. anything relying on the powder mix to calibrate is only going to be ballpark. in lots of cases it's good enough. but not always.

i've used my ph meter against other usb types to test them and have found them to sometimes be horribly out to the point the grower experiences issues.

stick to the simple plans, don't ball yourself up looking for complicated answers.

grow will be fine.
Thanks bluter I've been waiting for ya! 😁

Now to get me one of them fancy meters and I will be all set. Then I can grow some good pot finally. 😆

For 6 weeks old, it's either sink or swim. Fingers crossed. We have all seen plants rebound from the worst conditions.

Thanks bluter I've been waiting for ya!

no worries lol.
are you planning on feeding this grow or were you sticking to the pre nute soils all the way through ? no matter which, now is the time for an up pot. feeding or not will depend on what the plant is going into.

Now to get me one of them fancy meters and I will be all set. Then I can grow some good pot finally.

i always recommend the apera 60series for most bang for the dollar. you want a probe type with replaceable ends in case the bulb breaks. don't get an ec/ph combo meter as the probe ends are too expensive. get dedicated ec and ph meters, it's far better value.

h/m, hanna, apera, and blue lab are all good with blue lab being the benchmark. all of them will perform to the same standards though at that level. i own 3 apera 60series probes and one h/m. i went through a few crappy usb types before i got wise.

For 6 weeks old, it's either sink or swim. Fingers crossed. We have all seen plants rebound from the worst conditions.

now is the time. no troubles to get them fixed from here.

Back
Top Bottom