What more can I do for these plants? Desperate

Water to the roots is no prob its the buds that wont like being wet
Your call as to whether the bud has matured enough for a hit
Live and learn for next year, start them early, in pots!
Or you can call the rains “Ma Nature’s Bud Wash? In my humble opinion it’s time wasted to worry about a plant getting rained on. Hail I’d be worried but rain not so much. These plants are like good kids. They need a scraped knee or a black eye every now and then to be strong and healthy!

NTH

Or you can call the rains “Ma Nature’s Bud Wash? In my humble opinion it’s time wasted to worry about a plant getting rained on. Hail I’d be worried but rain not so much. These plants are like good kids. They need a scraped knee or a black eye every now and then to be strong and healthy!
Bingo!

Don't worry about some rain, even a whole day's worth of rain. Some of the rain will be absorbed by the leaves and end up being used by the plant along with the rain that soaks into the ground.
Oh hell no not that that cold lol maybe like 40s 50s cold.
Which is not cold for a plant that lives outside and will survive temperatures down to 28 to 30 degrees F.

You could still use a week and a half, give or take several days, before the harvest window starts to open. A lot of experienced growers say that the buds will put on some decent weight in the last 2 weeks or so.

How is the research in preparing the ground for next year's grow coming along?

The trichomes will be OK. The plant will be OK.

It will take temperatures at night between the mid-20s to 27 F to kill the leaves and how likely is that.

Keep in mind that rain or cold temperatures do not cause mold or mildew. Molds, etc grow best in drier and warm temperatures; they do not grow or spread while it is raining or the plant is soaking wet. Since it takes so long for molds and mildews and rots to get started anything that shows up on the plant between now and the harvest means that it has already been there growing in out of the way places for several weeks.

Seems we spent the first half of this thread mentioning how dry the soil is. Rain will be good for it. After the rains are over, wait two or three days and start working the soil, not directly under the plant where the roots are, but a couple of feet away to begin to loosen it up, start the aeration and working in the organic material. Do some of the preparation now for next year's garden. The more that the gardener does now in the pleasant fall temperatures means that much less time has to be spent in the spring when the air is cooler and often the soil is still cold from winter temperatures.

Like @Growings mentions, they need a bit more time. The last two to three weeks are supposed to be the time when the buds put on some heavy-duty weight.
So this just popped up... I know planters of mine need a little more time and I do have cover over both of them. It's just Gunna hit us harddd... You think the roots are ok or should I try to cover them too?

I appreciate all the input and help lol I know they are strong plants but as a first time grower I just ... Get anxiety over the water and how much they actually can take! :)

Screenshot_20211024-163640.png

So this just popped up... I know planters of mine need a little more time and I do have cover over both of them. It's just Gunna hit us harddd... You think the roots are ok or should I try to cover them too?

I appreciate all the input and help lol I know they are strong plants but as a first time grower I just ... Get anxiety over the water and how much they actually can take! :)
I don't think it is the water that might become a problem. The plant will shed water and the ground will absorb it. If the soil is still as dry as the news makes it sound then the more water the better. I am thinking of next year in that regards.

If I was in a similar gardening situation as what I see in your photos I would be working out something to do to protect the plants from the winds. Broken branches sound like a good possibility and that is something I have not experienced with my outdoor Marijuana plants since I have to keep them tucked into out of sight spots to keep them from being seen by people walking or driving by. Being tucked in like that has protected them from being broken in a few of the strong wind storms we have had which have broken or pushed over my taller Sunflowers and Zinnias and huge Pepper plants which were hiding them from view. (We are recreational legal here but plants cannot be visible to the public.)

I guess that the same sort of things I would do for my tall flowers and vegetable plants would work for our Cannabis plants but the storm is already there. If you loose branches start the harvest with those and leave the rest of the plant in the ground to finish maturing might be the best thing to do at this point.

Yep, being new to the art and science of growing does bring up some worries, kinda like being a new mother:).

I don't think it is the water that might become a problem. The plant will shed water and the ground will absorb it. If the soil is still as dry as the news makes it sound then the more water the better. I am thinking of next year in that regards.

If I was in a similar gardening situation as what I see in your photos I would be working out something to do to protect the plants from the winds. Broken branches sound like a good possibility and that is something I have not experienced with my outdoor Marijuana plants since I have to keep them tucked into out of sight spots to keep them from being seen by people walking or driving by. Being tucked in like that has protected them from being broken in a few of the strong wind storms we have had which have broken or pushed over my taller Sunflowers and Zinnias and huge Pepper plants which were hiding them from view. (We are recreational legal here but plants cannot be visible to the public.)

I guess that the same sort of things I would do for my tall flowers and vegetable plants would work for our Cannabis plants but the storm is already there. If you loose branches start the harvest with those and leave the rest of the plant in the ground to finish maturing might be the best thing to do at this point.

Yep, being new to the art and science of growing does bring up some worries, kinda like being a new mother:).
Yes most definitely and I looove the challenge!! It has been quite the adventure and you have been more than helpful and I appreciate it a lot!!! Everyone took me out at least each and every one of you have saved my butt somehow one way or another :) :)

Crazy is it these poor guys are stuck in the shade side of the gated area that's probably also why they struggle I'm assuming correct? If only it was easy to move them 2 in to the left damn but they're big nice and bulky beautiful buds so it makes me feel a little better!!

IMG_20211027_124645.jpg

IMG_20211027_124636.jpg

Crazy is it these poor guys are stuck in the shade side of the gated area that's probably also why they struggle I'm assuming correct?
Most likely. Not enough direct sunlight as the days get shorter this time of year.
...big nice and bulky beautiful buds so it makes me feel a little better!!
The plus side of this. Those should be getting close to harvest by now.

I remembered your garden set-up from another thread you had started and asked about the compass directions as in North and East and West, etc. I have been doing lawn and garden maintenance work for so long that it has become natural for me to look at where the shaded and sunny areas will be when I first walk into a yard or garden.

Not enough sun, especially later in the season when the sun is lower on the southern side. That section of fence is a bit of a problem. You probably have enough photos now to be able to tell where the shadows will be throughout the seasons and be ready for next summer's garden.

Most likely. Not enough direct sunlight as the days get shorter this time of year.

The plus side of this. Those should be getting close to harvest by now.

I remembered your garden set-up from another thread you had started and asked about the compass directions as in North and East and West, etc. I have been doing lawn and garden maintenance work for so long that it has become natural for me to look at where the shaded and sunny areas will be when I first walk into a yard or garden.

Not enough sun, especially later in the season when the sun is lower on the southern side. That section of fence is a bit of a problem. You probably have enough photos now to be able to tell where the shadows will be throughout the seasons and be ready for next summer's garden.
Oh yeah that's such a good point very very smart thank you for your input and your advice it has saved my plans all of your guys's help has saved my plants!! :) Here's the ladies today! (Post some pics rn)

Alrighty my most helpful smart friends!! Here's the ladies today! Watchu guys think of there progress? They SURVIVED THE STORM! Yay but now they are very dirty. And 1 may still be growing out some buds!? Oh boy oh boy

IMG_20211029_111914.jpg

IMG_20211029_111914.jpg

IMG_20211029_111849.jpg

IMG_20211029_111833.jpg

IMG_20211029_111823.jpg

IMG_20211029_111820.jpg

IMG_20211029_111809.jpg

IMG_20211029_111743.jpg

Sorry bout doubled up pics..

But I removed the string and 1 bar that was holding the smaller one up and they are so strong!! No more string needed yay!
Okay maybe I shouldn't of removed the string only cuz it's raining tonight... I don't want em collecting that water and being so heavy it breaks... Lol time to restring em?

Looking good and hopefully you got the string on in time.

The rain must have done good for your soil. I notice all the tiny weed seedlings starting to pop up. Time to do a little bit of basic maintenance to get rid of those. If they are left there they might come back bigger and stronger in the spring which means extra work. Use a hand trowel to turn over the top inch or so of the soil around your plants. That is enough to kill the roots on most or all of those weeds so they do not come back when the weather warms back up next March. Any area outside the ring of loose soil around your plants could be mulched with a layer of grass clippings or leaves which will smother those pesky seedlings.

Anything you can do now while waiting for the buds to ripen means less that has to be done next year.

Looking good and hopefully you got the string on in time.

The rain must have done good for your soil. I notice all the tiny weed seedlings starting to pop up. Time to do a little bit of basic maintenance to get rid of those. If they are left there they might come back bigger and stronger in the spring which means extra work. Use a hand trowel to turn over the top inch or so of the soil around your plants. That is enough to kill the roots on most or all of those weeds so they do not come back when the weather warms back up next March. Any area outside the ring of loose soil around your plants could be mulched with a layer of grass clippings or leaves which will smother those pesky seedlings.

Anything you can do now while waiting for the buds to ripen means less that has to be done next year.
Heck yah it sure did! But now we have another issue which is why I feel they should be pulled..... It's late at night I went to go put cover over them for one more small rain.... Touched a plant and a bunch of tiny white winged bugs came flying off the plant!!

I was in shock then went to check closely n noticed a bud was browning and weirdly fuzzier than usual....

IMG_20211103_224939.jpg

IMG_20211103_224924.jpg

Unsure if you could tell maybe you can zoom in if you can't tell but you think it's cuz of the cold..? And why the tons of small flying bugs after the rain like that you think..?

That is bud rot. :( There is nothing you can really do and it is usually caused by a worm. I would wait for others to chime in before doing anything.

Are they dry and crispy? Kind of turn dusty when you touch them?

The fly's may be white fly's. Not good either.

Nooooo. I think they need to b pulled omg I can't lose them now! N now it's damp... Nonono! This isn't good shld I just pull em n hope they are salvageable?! Rain just started n they r uncovered ATM too...

Yes, pull them, trim the buds and start the bud washing. Have something set up in the house so that you can hang them or place them on a screen to speed up the drying after the last step of washing. Have a fan ready so that it can circulate the air around the buds and helps with even drying.

It might be a good idea to think about next season and work out a way to spray the plants once a week starting when they first go in the ground. Use a solution of vinegar diluted in water to prevent possible mildew problems. If it rains then spray as soon as the plant dries and respray after each rain. It is a bit of extra work but it worked for me this year.

Incidentally, we had a mild frost Tues night into Wed morning and my Cannabis plants were doing great Wednesday afternoon. I can't say the same about the tomatoes and peppers.

Back
Top Bottom